DerrickHenrysCleats

Henry Ruggs III 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

I was shocked they drafted Ruggs over Lamb....just the eye test so far is not even close....if they keep using him like this he has a very good chance of being a bust.  Should be making him a focal point of the offense instead of an afterthought.  

Taking Ruggs over Lamb was not as crazy as the useage.

If Lamb was in LV getting 3 targets when healthy it would be equally baffling.

• Like 1

This target share blows. Nelson "Never Seen a Drop he Didn't Like" Agholor out targeting him is wild. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

This target share blows. Nelson "Never Seen a Drop he Didn't Like" Agholor out targeting him is wild. 

Its a Jon Gruden team.  The guy is an overachieving snake oil salesman.

Poor ruggs is in the wrong team. Two important factors for a wr but especially for a rookie wr is qb and hc.

qb: most important factor. Look how Lamb was with dak and now with dalton.  Carr is one of the worst qb a rookie can have. Other than his first season with cooper he was a wr killer. Dont have talent and patience to establish a relationship with a wr, would always go to a journeyman like agholor or crabtree

hc: gruden does not have the knowledge or intention to develop a rookie wr. He needs an established team to succeed full with antonio browns. He shamelessly blamed ruggs after the game for lack of targets, saying he could not get open entire game. 

Tldr: raiders dont have the intention or patience to make ruggs succeed.He will be boom or bust guy this season and wont be remembered next year at all just for being in the wrong team

• Like 1

He played 75% of the snaps, which is higher than I would have thought. I just don't think he's fully healthy. His most targets, receptions, and touches came in week one, when he didn't even play the whole game. Since he got hurt, his usage has been limited, but I still think he'll be featured when he's at full strength. 

7 hours ago, Martinlongbow said:

Poor ruggs is in the wrong team. Two important factors for a wr but especially for a rookie wr is qb and hc.

qb: most important factor. Look how Lamb was with dak and now with dalton.  Carr is one of the worst qb a rookie can have. Other than his first season with cooper he was a wr killer. Dont have talent and patience to establish a relationship with a wr, would always go to a journeyman like agholor or crabtree

hc: gruden does not have the knowledge or intention to develop a rookie wr. He needs an established team to succeed full with antonio browns. He shamelessly blamed ruggs after the game for lack of targets, saying he could not get open entire game. 

Tldr: raiders dont have the intention or patience to make ruggs succeed.He will be boom or bust guy this season and wont be remembered next year at all just for being in the wrong team

Carr is actually having an excellent season so far so this conclusion is mostly baseless...

Guy is on pace to be the first QB in NFL history to have a 73+ completion percentage and over 4,000+ pass yards in a season, but yes, he is the problem.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, TheBoondocks said:

Agholor is the guy to own by the looks of it 

Right now it's hard to argue with that. I just think there's going to come a time when Agholor reverts to type, and I still think Ruggs' potential is excellent. I'm looking at the run-up to the playoffs - KC wk11, at Atlanta wk12, at the Jets wk13. If they still have a chance for the playoffs that's a pretty nice run-in to the FF playoffs for us.

Edited by leffe186
misleading

The screen last week to him - maybe he is finally getting healthy?

I think he torches the Brown this week assuming the weather is at least OK - 

I am gong to say 5 for 130 and 2

Worried about the high winds this week? They are saying 20-30 mph winds. That should have negative impact on the deep ball?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

Worried about the high winds this week? They are saying 20-30 mph winds. That should have negative impact on the deep ball?

Ruggs speed with a 30 mph wind gust  on his back is going to be special. 

Edited by Tenner
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jdizzle said:

Yeah this game could be pretty rough. These are NFL players we are talking about so plays can be made. Just keep the risk in mind. As much as I like Ruggs down the road, he's pretty hit or miss anyway. 

10 hours ago, GeneralTsou said:

Worried about the heavy winds

Yup. It's looking like this is one of 4 games with ugly weather conditions and that impacts Ruggs more than most since he seems to only have one route and that is go deep. This game is likely more Jacobs/Waller/Renfrow and if the Raiders do take shots, they also have Agholor. Ruggs is ultimate boom or bust.

9 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Yup. It's looking like this is one of 4 games with ugly weather conditions and that impacts Ruggs more than most since he seems to only have one route and that is go deep. This game is likely more Jacobs/Waller/Renfrow and if the Raiders do take shots, they also have Agholor. Ruggs is ultimate boom or bust.

Edwards due back this week, as well ... not that he's done a damn thing, but ... back, nonetheless 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Edwards due back this week, as well ... not that he's done a damn thing, but ... back, nonetheless 🤷‍♂️

He’s listed as doubtful.

Just now, kidsgotsoul said:

He’s listed as doubtful.

🤔

welp, scratch that, then ... but last i heard was he was returning. 

meh, it'll be week 9 then 🤷‍♂️

Ruggs is tallented enough to be great for a substainal time at some point in his career. Not really startable thus far this year unless you're in a very deep leauge. 

45 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Start or sit this week with this wind ?? 

Yeah the wind has me worried.  But he may get it at his back for 2 quarters.  Lets hope it isn't blowing perpendicular.

Think he's a sit this week.  Next week vs LAC feels like a true smash spot for him though

Super high efficiency when involved. Not involved enough. Lots of press this week on his lack of involvement. Gruden took partial blame and also challenged Ruggs to do better. Facing off against the second worst defense against WRs in the league (in fantasy).

He looks primed for an explosion. Its a gamble but he is a good choice to roll the dice on today.

Edit: didn't consider the wind. Maybe I pump the breaks.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Super high efficiency when involved. Not involved enough. Lots of press this week on his lack of involvement. Gruden took partial blame and also challenged Ruggs to do better. Facing off against the second worst defense against WRs in the league (in fantasy).

He looks primed for an explosion. Its a gamble but he is a good choice to roll the dice on today.

Edit: didn't consider the wind. Maybe I pump the breaks.

Might be a jacobs Waller renfrow game with this wind 

He is a burner who is basically go-route or nothing.   The problem is(as I mentioned earlier in this thread and someone else followed up with) he doesn't have Pat Mahomes or Andy Reid on his team.   He is best suited for Best Ball Leagues.  He has a crazy high ceiling and a super low floor and probably will rarely ever finish in the middle.  Good luck figuring out which weeks will be which. 

Edited by GottaGetTheWin

Can't speak for the stadium, but up here in NE Ohio right now the wind is nuts. Super gusty, and all over the place. I'm just kinda hoping he gets a couple of short looks in space, because he could do some damage there.