DerrickHenrysCleats

Henry Ruggs III 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I Agree. They compared his talents to Antonio Brown and wanted something similar to AB. He can run all types of routes and is basically a faster Antonio Brown IMO.

If he can put up similar numbers as AB on the field he is going to be special. Just hope he doesn't end up getting compared to AB and his off the field antics. :)

Edited by BleachyBlonde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 2:51 PM, Impreza178 said:


yeah because when has Cousins ever supported 2 fantasy relevant WRs....

 

Ruggs will be perfect in Vegas.   He’s not just a deep threat and Carr’s accuracy is elite.   The road is clear and Gruden will be thirstin to feed him the ball.  

 

 

 

I'd hope any NFL QB could have elite accuracy when they average passes around 6 yards 🤣  Carr's nothing special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kdko said:

 

I'd hope any NFL QB could have elite accuracy when they average passes around 6 yards 🤣  Carr's nothing special.

 

Carr had a 7.9 YPA and 100.8 passer rating despite having a poor WR group. He was very good last season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

Carr had a 7.9 YPA and 100.8 passer rating despite having a poor WR group. He was very good last season.

He was 9th in both categories last season. That doesn't make him very good, it makes him slightly north of "meh".

image.png.6be8e9ca5c4fbb886d4810b2c72acfc9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

He was 9th in both categories last season. That doesn't make him very good, it makes him slightly north of "meh".

image.png.6be8e9ca5c4fbb886d4810b2c72acfc9.png

I could be misinterpreting your chart, but doesn’t it indicate that he was the 8th-best in the league last year when isolating those two variables?  That’s a little better than “north of ‘meh.’”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I could be misinterpreting your chart, but doesn’t it indicate that he was the 8th-best in the league last year when isolating those two variables?  That’s a little better than “north of ‘meh.’”

I included the entire chart to show he doesn't really separate from the pack. I mean, we haven't even gone into the discussion whether those to parameters are really the best indication of what makes an elite QB, but to me he's part of a larger group that's good.
Let's zoom in a bit more, so you can make up your own mind:

image.png.44d6f335ff8ce15546e5c6ffabd5dfb7.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I included the entire chart to show he doesn't really separate from the pack. I mean, we haven't even gone into the discussion whether those to parameters are really the best indication of what makes an elite QB, but to me he's part of a larger group that's good.
Let's zoom in a bit more, so you can make up your own mind:

image.png.44d6f335ff8ce15546e5c6ffabd5dfb7.png

Thanks - and I agree I certainly don’t want to derail into a discussion of which traits best correlate to “elite” QB status (Spoiler: Carr is not one.).

Apart from the presumed volume Ruggs is looking at this season, one thing I love about him is that he doesn’t have to catch deep passes to shine - he’s not even an especially good deep-ball tracker (yet).  But if you can just get the ball into Ruggs’s hands (which are the largest of any WR in the draft class), on slants, crossers, overs, etc., he has the elite speed to house it.  I’m all over Ruggs this season, even in re-draft.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’m all over Ruggs this season, even in re-draft.

I'm on record multiple times arguing against rookie WRs, but Cooper had 2 pretty good first seasons with Carr (each around 80/1100/5) so I think that is the dream scenario for Ruggs. Certainly he has the skills, and I think the Raiders are going to try and whip up a lot of offense, so... it could definitely happen.

I'm not going to pay full sticker price in redraft, but I do think it's a great landing spot for him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I'm on record multiple times arguing against rookie WRs, but Cooper had 2 pretty good first seasons with Carr (each around 80/1100/5) so I think that is the dream scenario for Ruggs. Certainly he has the skills, and I think the Raiders are going to try and whip up a lot of offense, so... it could definitely happen.

I'm not going to pay full sticker price in redraft, but I do think it's a great landing spot for him.

 

That boy is fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

That boy is fast

That's what she said.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-henry-ruggs-ok-after-suffering-an-injury-during-moving-accident-per-report/

"He was trying to move a trailer or something -- move furniture or something -- and the trailer just kind of pinned him against a car or a wall or something," Ruggs Jr. said. "He's pretty much OK. I'm about to go out there and see him in a little bit. It was just like a little open wound on his leg, a little incision. Like something had stuck him right there on his thigh a little bit."

No big deal, but I hadn't seen it mentioned here yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wasn’t HRII helping out HRIII?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 1:17 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

Welp...I guess he can be labeled as injury prone now.

accident prone and injury prone are two different animals...

though both keep you off the field.

h3.gif?w=584

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 5:06 AM, Boudewijn said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-henry-ruggs-ok-after-suffering-an-injury-during-moving-accident-per-report/

"He was trying to move a trailer or something -- move furniture or something -- and the trailer just kind of pinned him against a car or a wall or something," Ruggs Jr. said. "He's pretty much OK. I'm about to go out there and see him in a little bit. It was just like a little open wound on his leg, a little incision. Like something had stuck him right there on his thigh a little bit."

No big deal, but I hadn't seen it mentioned here yet.

So...what really happened?

My guess--his girlfriend caught him slippin and stabbed him in the thigh, then they hushed it all up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

accident prone and injury prone are two different animals...

though both keep you off the field.

h3.gif?w=584

 

And that guy that had that storage cabinet fall on him may not have been injured from that. Place Ruggs in that same senario and he would have broke his arm as a result of simply being injury prone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

And that guy that had that storage cabinet fall on him may not have been injured from that. Place Ruggs in that same senario and he would have broke his arm as a result of simply being injury prone.

 

What? 

Injury prone? Please explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders OC Greg Olson said first-round WR Henry Ruggs will start in the slot.

“We’ll start with Ruggs III in the slot and do some things with Ruggs III," Olson said. "But those guys (Ruggs and Bryan Edwards) are very multiple in what they can do and that’s the goal is to be able to move all of them around to different spots; the one, two or three position at the wide receiver.” Ruggs is no stranger to that role as he ran 18.4% of his routes from the slot in his final year at Alabama, but it's an important note since it would oddly leave Hunter Renfrow, who led Las Vegas' wide receivers in targets (71) last year, off the field. Tyrell Williams and third-rounder Bryan Edwards (6’3/212), who totaled the third-most receptions (324) and fourth-most receiving yards (3,045) in SEC history as a four-year starter at South Carolina, are expected to start at the team's X and Z positions on the outside.

Aug 6, 2020, 9:18 AM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 9:59 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

That boy is fast

 

SEC fans everywhere nod in agreement. Lol!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

 

Too late, that was already posted for Antonio Gibson ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Too late, that was already posted for Antonio Gibson ;)

Ha!! I figured, but the straight line speed of that duck or whatever was very ruggish 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.