DerrickHenrysCleats

Henry Ruggs III 2020 Outlook

28 minutes ago, STEVEfromLA said:

With it being a Monday game. Could hear being our possibly tomorrow if not game time?

I mean is your team really hinged on whether or not Ruggs plays? He was drafted for most as a 4-5 WR. Even if he does play think you should plan on other options.

5 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean is your team really hinged on whether or not Ruggs plays? He was drafted for most as a 4-5 WR. Even if he does play think you should plan on other options.

Normally no but with injuries to MT, Golladay, Godwin, Devante Parker, AJ Brown, Jamison Crowder and Sutton, it's a pretty thin week at WR

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Normally no but with injuries to MT, Golladay, Godwin, Devante Parker, AJ Brown, Jamison Crowder and Sutton, it's a pretty thin week at WR

Yep.

I have a league with 3 wr slots and no flex.

My receivers are: Godwin, Boyd, Ruggs, DJax, and Deebo.

Deebo on IR and Godwin is doubtful.

If Ruggs can't go, I'm going to have to drop someone to replace him - and there isn't anybody on my roster who I feel good about dropping. 

5 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I’m asking bc if he is declared out I can put him in ir and use the spot for a pick up before waiver lock. Great way to stay ahead if streaming dst, qb, or Te. It’s dst streaming for me

So what are we thinking about this guy? He's now firmly below Reagor on my WR depth chart after last night. It seems like the Raiders are just sending him on deep routes to open up space for Waller, which is working really well in real life, but doesn't help my fantasy team. I'm ok with a boom or bust receiver but when his floor is 0 that's not really something I want to mess around with. Feel like I should hold on at least one more week but if next week isn't a step in the right direction he's probably getting cut.

Just now, TheDoctor said:

Henry Suxxs

They spelled out his purpose yesterday in the booth. He is there to stretch the defense, that's all. Run Forrest Run!

200.webp

Just now, FitzMagic said:

They spelled out his purpose yesterday in the booth. He is there to stretch the defense, that's all. Run Forrest Run!

200.webp

He's probably a better real life player than fantasy player this year. If your league gives points for pass interference penalties he'll be a stud!

I still think there is potential here.  Who else is going to be the number one receiver?  Renfrow?  Edwards?  They’re not going to always pass to TE like they did last night.  

37 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

200.webp

Guess 1st round picks are worth just running go routes.

I love his talent, thought he was special but I don't think Carr will ever throw it downfield. Ruggs is dinged a little bit but I watched Carr last night, same thing he did to Amari he is doing to Ruggs, doesn't even look his direction before checking down or throwing incomplete. 

• Like 2

He is going over the same problem Amari Cooper had. He won't throw deep or sometimes his throws are off. Since Ruggs doesn't run many of the short routes he's going to be really inconsistent probably giving him only low wr2/high flex potential.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Guess 1st round picks are worth just running go routes.

I love his talent, thought he was special but I don't think Carr will ever throw it downfield. Ruggs is dinged a little bit but I watched Carr last night, same thing he did to Amari he is doing to Ruggs, doesn't even look his direction before checking down or throwing incomplete. 

Raiders drafted speedster Darrius Heyward-Bey a decade ago. That's what they do. I preferred Jeudy over Ruggs. I was shocked when Ruggs was taken first.

It's one bad game. He's a rookie, he's banged up. Give him some time. I won't be starting him or really figuring out what to do for at least a couple more weeks. Most rookies don't show their full hand until weeks 6-8 range. Not everyone is gonna be McLaurin. 

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Raiders drafted speedster Darrius Heyward-Bey a decade ago. That's what they do. I preferred Jeudy over Ruggs. I was shocked when Ruggs was taken first.

Jeudy runs crisp routes. Similar to calvin ridley in that respect BUT for fantasy Ruggs has tyreek type skills. He can jump out of the building. He has really good hands and catching in traffic and his YAC could be a difference maker.

I don't know which will be the better receiver ultimately but I loved Ruggs skill set for fantasy but Carr is just terrible for non Darren Waller owners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't know which will be the better receiver ultimately but I loved Ruggs skill set for fantasy but Carr is just terrible for non Darren Waller owners.

IDK he pretty good for JJ owners. He has really crisp hand-offs. I'm only half joking. He seriously stabs JJ in the stomach with the ball and says, 'here ya go, fella, go destroy that defense'. You can almost hear the smack of the hand-off on the broadcast.

• Haha 1

Ruggs had 5 targets and 2 carries in his first ever game as a pro. He got 3 targets and no carries his next game after coming in with a questionable tag.  I’m inclined to chalk this up more as a result of his injury than a harbinger if things to come.  

The Raiders are 2-0 right now so they’re happy, but man is that receiver room underwhelming.  And this guy was their first round pick, at 12th overall.  First WR taken.  It’s not hard to imagine them committing to getting Ruggs the ball more, and it’s hard to imagine a better situation in terms of competition for targets at his position.  

• Like 3

Improbably, we Raiders have yet to need to play much catch-up so far this season.  That may change in a potential track meet with New England this week...let's see what Ruggs' usage / routes look like then.  Some rather dubious ones last night, with Ruggs running intermediate routes and Renfrow running posts / go-routes.  He does a great job of opening up space for The Baller but get this man the ball sometime!

12 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Ruggs had 5 targets and 2 carries in his first ever game as a pro. He got 3 targets and no carries his next game after coming in with a questionable tag.  I’m inclined to chalk this up more as a result of his injury than a harbinger if things to come.  

The Raiders are 2-0 right now so they’re happy, but man is that receiver room underwhelming.  And this guy was their first round pick, at 12th overall.  First WR taken.  It’s not hard to imagine them committing to getting Ruggs the ball more, and it’s hard to imagine a better situation in terms of competition for targets at his position.  

He was definitely nowhere near 100%. I caught a couple of times where he was visibly wincing and looking gimpy even just after blocking on runs.

Kind of mad that he's out there, tbh. Seems like your franchise WR could take a few games off before he ends up really blowing up a knee or something. 

1 hour ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I still think there is potential here.  Who else is going to be the number one receiver?  Renfrow?  Edwards?  They’re not going to always pass to TE like they did last night.  

Waller is the number one receiver. Ruggs is Ted Ginn

3 minutes ago, affliction said:

Waller is the number one receiver. Ruggs is Ted Ginn

Better route runner than Ginn. I think he'll be the clear second option in the passing game once he's healthy. Waller isn't going to get 300 targets either.