Rotoworld.com Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Is it? How many undrafted players finished as RB1s last week?

Excuse the names and let's look at the points :

Week 9: The 10th place RB scored 15.7 points in 0.5ppr

Week 10: 10th place RB scored 16.7 points

Basically he'll need to get past double digits to even have a shot at that. He'll need TDs to get that at this point and he already doesn't get alot of those. If we just not count games that he didn't do well in then yea it's not a tall task but that's not how it works. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Let’s call it as it is. Matchup and TD dependent RB2. Most folk can’t afford to bench so we are going to hear some sad stories in this thread.

might be forced to start with gas can getting hurt. Hoping for the best. Maybe carolina's defense will allow for that. Don't blame anyone who benches or anyone forced to start. Wish bell could be gone from this team so CEH can go back to being the steady RB1 that he was

Time will tell, but watching last week’s game, Bell against his old team looked a lot like Bell ON his old team to me. CEH still needs to step it up, but we really don’t know for sure yet if  Le’Veon is anywhere near the player he once was.  

• Like 2

This seems like a game that they will run a lot more compared to last week. Clyde did play 50% of the snaps while bell had 26%.... Darrel hovered around 30-35% before Bell’s arrival and last week he got 12% of the share while Darwin got 11%. Between Darrel and Darwin they got 15 plays in but Darwin will be phased out soon..could make the case that Darrel snap count will decrease even more as the season goes on. We are now left with Bell, he literally took over Darrell’s role and Clyde had never hit 75% at all in any week. This is going to be a 70/30 split favoring Clyde. I could be totally wrong on this pattern but I’m starting Clyde this week and rest of the season unless I see a significant change where Clyde drops off. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

TD saved the day... Why is bell even on the team. Andy reid ruined the fantasy play and isn't getting any real life benefit from bell either

At least Bell sucks but they have no intention of running the ball.

Maybe colder weather will allow for more rushing opportunities. This team seems to able to win doing whatever they feel like at the moment. But weather conditions can sometimes influence decisions and strategy. Winter is coming...

Edited by Buckmcbuck

Wow.  34 total yards today.  Can you count on the bailout TD weekly?  Probably not.  Honestly without a Bell injury it's hard to imagine wanting to start this guy (and honestly even a lead back in this all-pass offense might not be worth much anyway).

• Thanks 1

Curious to see the snap counts. Based on what I heard, CEH 60%, Bell 25% and Williams 15%, sound about right?

You would think 60% snap count on the best offense would make you a clear RB1, maybe high end RB2, but he is still looking like a flex play at best.

There is a part of me that wants to remain optimistic. At some point they will have to run more, you just can’t sustain this kind of pass heavy offense. Not saying they will run it a lot, but they will run it more.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

Curious to see the snap counts. Based on what I heard, CEH 60%, Bell 25% and Williams 15%, sound about right?

You would think 60% snap count on the best offense would make you a clear RB1, maybe high end RB2, but he is still looking like a flex play at best.

There is a part of me that wants to remain optimistic. At some point they will have to run more, you just can’t sustain this kind of pass heavy offense. Not saying they will run it a lot, but they will run it more.

I bet getting the run game right will be a focus during the bye. CEH certainly seemed to be on the field an awful lot today, which was encouraging to see.

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Wow.  34 total yards today.  Can you count on the bailout TD weekly?  Probably not.  Honestly without a Bell injury it's hard to imagine wanting to start this guy (and honestly even a lead back in this all-pass offense might not be worth much anyway).

Given how bad RB is right now most people have to start CEH. Its not a question of want. The running will pick up. They cant run for 25 yards every week.

Edited by Evincar
15 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

To be fair, they rushed the 6th least amount last year, and it won them a super bowl. It's Mahomes team which doesn't have a ton of use for RB's. 

I don’t have stats, but the run % since the Bills game has to be near a historic low for a three game stretch. Even if they choose to pass at a really high rate, the amount of runs should still increase.

Edited by LionKid90

This offense is not run heavy enough to sustain 2 running backs. CEH becomes super td dependent now. Bell looks like an elite handcuff. In a 12 teamer, I’d only be comfortable with CEH as a flex or bye week RB2, a far cry from the top10 draft position.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Honest question - why was Hunt so much more successful than CEH on the Chiefs? Is KC just throwing so much more now compared to then?

Hunt was getting at least 15-20 touches a game. And they used to run a lot of designed screens. Yes KC is throwing that much more and the RB is like the last read now. No designed screens, hardly any running. People keep bringing up CEH snap counts but snap counts alone don’t produce fantasy points if he’s just out there blocking. There’s just not enough opportunity here. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Hunt was getting at least 15-20 touches a game. And they used to run a lot of designed screens. Yes KC is throwing that much more and the RB is like the last read now. No designed screens, hardly any running. People keep bringing up CEH snap counts but snap counts alone don’t produce fantasy points if he’s just out there blocking. There’s just not enough opportunity here. 

For one, Hunt was a true every down back when he was with them. I also think their line was in better shape back then. And just my opinion, I think Hunt is a better player than CEH. 

I like CEH, I just want to see what he can do with a full workload. Has to be frustrating being a RB and only getting 5-10 touches.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Honest question - why was Hunt so much more successful than CEH on the Chiefs? Is KC just throwing so much more now compared to then?

Steven and LionKid basically sum it up, but forgot to mention a key difference.

Alex Smith was the QB in 2017. 

Mahomes and his arm talent are baby GOAT status. The keys to the offense is totally on his shoulders now. 

And rightfully so. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2