Rotoworld.com Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

For one, Hunt was a true every down back when he was with them. I also think their line was in better shape back then. And just my opinion, I think Hunt is a better player than CEH. 

I like CEH, I just want to see what he can do with a full workload. Has to be frustrating being a RB and only getting 5-10 touches.

Yeah that’s why I said he was getting 15-20 touches every game. And hunt may very well be better but it’s too hard to tell when CEH is getting 5-8 rushes a game and their all scattered. Hardly any passing work. RBs can’t catch a rhythm like that. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

Osemele going down (and a couple other linemen) have hurt the run game. Andy seems content airing it out and letting Mahomes rip. Can't really blame him. It seems Andy wants to establish the run but  after a couple of meager gains on the ground vs. chunk gains through the air, the passing game pretty much takes over. Carolina played a great game and kept it close. Better days are ahead and with the RB landscape he's still a valuable asset.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

so what's the excuse this week? His value is done unless bell gets hurt and even then Reid seems hell bent of passing 40+ times a game

What does Bell have to do with anything? He's had very little impact and is merely a COP back. He had some nice runs yesterday but overall has been pedestrian. 

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I don't know what to do with this guy. So few touches every week, he's completely TD dependent. Even with his TD this week he didn't light it up in my ppr league. 

You bench him lol. I mean he got so lucky to save everyone with that TD. That’s not going to happen every week. Without it you would be looking at a horrible week. Unless your in deep leagues I don’t see how you cant find a better option to start. His floor now is like 2-3 points. His ceiling isn’t very high. Going to guess maybe 15 points max unless he gets extremely lucky. So where is the upside?

Edited by StevenSC400
8 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You bench him lol. I mean he got so lucky to save everyone with that TD. That’s not going to happen every week. Without it you would be looking at a horrible week. Unless your in deep leagues I don’t see how you cant find a better option to start. His floor now is like 2-3 points. His ceiling isn’t very high. Going to guess maybe 15 points max unless he gets extremely lucky. So where is the upside?

Haha he's going to my bench except in case of emergency. I'm think of going farther than that in the league I own him with ridiculous position limits. It's sad, dude seemed to have so much upside at the beginning of the season

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, aMediumPace said:

Tied for 5th in Total Yards.

The past is meaningless though. Look at his touches the past 3 games and tell me where you think he ranks ROS. You think he’ll ever have 20+ carries in a game again like he did 3 of the first 6 weeks?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, owenmills said:

The past is meaningless though. Look at his touches the past 3 games and tell me where you think he ranks ROS. You think he’ll ever have 20+ carries in a game again like he did 3 of the first 6 weeks?

You raise an interesting point. I wonder why the shift away from CEH

CEH touches by week (averaging 4.7 yards per carry)

1 - 25
2 - 16
3 - 25
4 - 19
5 - 13
6 - 30 (last game pre-Bell)
7 - 9
8 - 9
9 - 8

1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

Didn't Reid say they wanted to scale back CEH's touches for the stretch run? Granted it's not like they went to Bell.

Didn't see this but if so that explains a lot. He was getting an extraordinary amount of touches but, c'mon Andy, let's find a happy medium.

I have seen so much negativity towards CEH lately, and some of it is warranted. That being said, he is clearly the #1 RB for a prolific offense. Bell is not anything to worry about and neither is Williams. Realistically, it is fair to expect him to settle in around 14-17 touches a game which includes 3 or so catches. That is an RB2 for me, especially in this backfield. He has looked really good for the most part and will continue to be the most involved RB moving forward. Andy Reid history leads to believe that will not be 8-9 touches a game. Am I glad I spent the #5 pick on him? No. Is he still a viable starter that will surprise moving forward? I believe so. He is still a must-start to me. Things will turn around for him.

Edited by MMLSU
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, owenmills said:

I dont think we're going to see 25 carries but I think 15-20 touches in some games is realistic. I think the lack of usage of the entire running is pretty extreme atm. Where he ranks ROS is irrelevant because a bunch of nobodies are finishing as RB1s these past few weeks. Gotta ride it out with CEH.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

Osemele going down (and a couple other linemen) have hurt the run game. Andy seems content airing it out and letting Mahomes rip. Can't really blame him. It seems Andy wants to establish the run but  after a couple of meager gains on the ground vs. chunk gains through the air, the passing game pretty much takes over. Carolina played a great game and kept it close. Better days are ahead and with the RB landscape he's still a valuable asset.

Exactly. The loss of Osemele was a big blow to the run game. Due to the situation, I'd only expect CEH to put up RB2/3 numbers. His time as a bona fide RB1 will come, but definitely not this season

Hilarious how people in here acting like the coaching staff has something against CEH or are just flat out refusing to use him.

They have Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and a few more legit weapons. What’s the point of running over and over again?

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Hilarious how people in here acting like the coaching staff has something against CEH or are just flat out refusing to use him.

They have Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and a few more legit weapons. What’s the point of running over and over again?

Exactly. and then add onto that the face that he splits the minimal work with bell and people think this TD dependent RB will still return RB2 numbers consistently. There's nothing outside of pure hope, the sting of opportunity cost, and the need for him to be successful on their roster, that has people feeling optimistic. Nothing in the past few weeks has been positive except bell not doing much with his touches