Rotoworld.com Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Evincar said:

JRob would take an extra player to get. I rather have CEH than Zeke personally but its probably a wash. Outside of Week 14 vs Cincy, Zeke's schedule is pretty brutal. Conner is basically CEH but on much worse offense. Gurley is the guy you should have sold weeks ago. He might be one of the worst 2nd half RBs with the inevitable TD regression.

4 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I wouldn't trade CEH for Robinson at this point in the season. Give me the historically explosive offense vs touches all day. We just got a taste of the workload CEH is about to see for the rest of the year. Chiefs likely used the bye to work out some running game issues. CEH will be a huge focal point of this offense for the remainder of the year. As an aside, because of his low center of gravity, he is really tough to bring down. His legs just keep driving.

See how different perceptions are. One is saying no way you can get JRob and the other is saying no way I give up CEH. Me personally I would take JRob and run if I had CEH. My point is go out and see what you can get after this week.

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

If youre worried about CEH's usage why would take Gurley over him? I can see the argument for Zeke since he'll get more guaranteed volume. 

From what I’ve seen gurley gets all the red zone looks and they don’t do anything cute at the goal line like the chiefs do. The falcons can move the ball most weeks and gurley regardless of how bad his ypc are will get red zone looks every single week. To me i would rather take those odds vs having CEH get 10 touches like he has past 3 games before this one. 

So far I have been happy with the production from CEH ... after Bell signed I was a tad nervous reading his and Bell’s thread but as usual I had nothing to worry about...no way would I want to own Gurley over CEH. James Robinson is very nice I wish I had shares but I don’t .. would I trade CEH for Robinson... I think I would. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

So did you guys read my whole post? I said it would likely take a 2 for 1. CEH and another WR let’s say to a team that can use both players. Another thing. No one is saying anyone will trade you. But I wouldn’t be sitting there doing nothing and not trying to sell high after this week. Then next week if he puts up a dud say oh man I wish I would have tried to move him last week. Someone asked my opinion and I gave it. My number one target I mentioned was Robinson. The other players are some that you can say are in his range. But personally I don’t trust CEHs usage. Go send packages to the Robinson and Jacobs owners etc. they may have a change of mind after CEHs big week. That’s why it’s called a “sell high” go package him and woods or Kupp or Godwin etc. go try to do something instead of sitting there with your fingers crossed is what I’m saying. And I would personally rather have gurley and zeke over him. 

Gurley over CEH says all we need to know man. Sorry. That's clearly name value over production. Did you watch the Atlanta game yesterday? They are a hot mess with Julio coming in and out of each game. Brian Hill is nipping at his heels and once the game is out of hand, forget about it. You did preface it with "personally" so this isn't a knock. I own the guy so I'm hoping the touchdowns don't stop but he looks like he is running through quicksand out there. No burst whatsoever save a few runs. I used to own Gurley when he was GURLEY. Now, he seems like girly. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Gurley over CEH says all we need to know man. Sorry. That's clearly name value over production. Did you watch the Atlanta game yesterday? They are a hot mess with Julio coming in and out of each game. Brian Hill is nipping at his heels and once the game is out of hand, forget about it. You did preface it with "personally" so this isn't a knock. I own the guy so I'm hoping the touchdowns don't stop but he looks like he is running through quicksand out there. No burst whatsoever save a few runs. I used to own Gurley when he was GURLEY. Now, he seems like girly. 

And CEH is splitting work with bell and Williams. Not to mention the cute play calling at the goal line for some trick play to kelce or hill. Both players have knocks on them so what’s your point? This is fantasy football it’s about points. The question is who do you want to flip the coin with more. The saints D is extremely underrated. They are solid. With a healthy Julio they usually don’t have trouble moving the ball. People keep talking about TD regression but why? The falcons haven’t done anything different all year. This guy is going to keep producing like he has been. He’s RB 9 in standard scoring coming into this week. Gurleys been doing better than CEH from a fantasy perspective before bell coming in. But now you expect that to change? I personally don’t. You can keep CEH in Andy Reid’s magical offense where he is basically an afterthought. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

And CEH is splitting work with bell and Williams. Not to mention the cute play calling at the goal line for some trick play to kelce or hill. Both players have knocks on them so what’s your point? This is fantasy football it’s about points. The question is who do you want to flip the coin with more. The saints D is extremely underrated. They are solid. With a healthy Julio they usually don’t have trouble moving the ball. People keep talking about TD regression but why? The falcons haven’t done anything different all year. This guy is going to keep producing like he has been. He’s RB 9 in standard scoring coming into this week. Gurleys been doing better than CEH from a fantasy perspective before bell coming in. But now you expect that to change? I personally don’t. You can keep CEH in Andy Reid’s magical offense where he is basically an afterthought. 

Great place to lay a bookmark and watch as the story unfolds. For the success of both our teams, I hope Gurley continues to thrive (despite what my eyes see) and CEH builds on his rookie campaign (despite his timeshare) so we can all be happy. Peace.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1

guy would be a top 3 RB if they used him on the goalline...this week felt cathartic after how many end arounds and gimmicks they use at the goal line, on first down no less, rather than hand this kid the ball.  Even this week the Tyreek goal line touchdown....this should have been a hat trick.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

Not to mention hell be facing the Saints and Bucs again. CEH all day.

Do you guys research before you post? So does CEH lol. Anyway we’ll see how it plays out. Have fun with this committee. Don’t say you weren’t warned when Reid abandons the run and has mahomes air it out all day. Or when bell and Williams come in for cleanup duties in the 4th quarter.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Do you guys research before you post? So does CEH lol. Anyway we’ll see how it plays out. Have fun with this committee. Don’t say you weren’t warned when Reid abandons the run and has mahomes air it out all day. Or when bell and Williams come in for cleanup duties in the 4th quarter.

I know Chiefs can stay in shootouts with Saints and Bucs. Something that Matty Ice certainly cannot at this stage in his career. I don't why you ignore that Brian Hill is more of a threat to Gurley than D Will or Leveon. It should be quite apparent by now.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

I know Chiefs can stay in shootouts with Saints and Bucs. Something that Matty Ice certainly cannot at this stage in his career. I don't why you ignore that Brian Hill is more of a threat to Gurley than D Will or Leveon. It should be quite apparent by now.

Shootouts. You said it I didn’t. Have fun with that. 

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Shootouts. You said it I didn’t. Have fun with that. 

They wouldnt be using either much if they were playing catchup, as we've seen. It's clear you are upset you got stuck with Bell somewhere down the road, but continue to be the poster you set out to be.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Corey In Da House said:

They wouldnt be using either much if they were playing catchup, as we've seen. It's clear you are upset you got stuck with Bell somewhere down the road, but continue to be the poster you set out to be.

Bell is worthless too. Lol. I’ve posted on it in that thread as well. This whole backfield got ruined when bell came in. I drafted CEH and I’ve been talking about trading him ever since this happened. Anyway someone asked my opinion on some players that I would rather have and I gave it. Not gonna sit here all day arguing about it. You like CEH and his 10 touches then keep him. It’s pretty simple.

11 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

See how different perceptions are. One is saying no way you can get JRob and the other is saying no way I give up CEH. Me personally I would take JRob and run if I had CEH. My point is go out and see what you can get after this week.

Yeah you take JRob in that trade. While I do agree the arrow is pointing way up for CEH, and we may eventually see his potential, there is still some unknown. While CEH is leading the backfield, he still isn’t playing in the two minute drill and Bell is still getting a handful of carries. Unless you are a Jags fan or own JRob, you probably don’t know how good he is. He is getting a ton of volume and doing well with it. If they can get Minshew back he is a RB1. I just prefer the security of JRob over some of the question marks that come with CEH.

Edited by LionKid90

For anyone interested....

Todd Gurley played on only 37% of snaps, while Brian Hill played on 42%. I think Gurley is being phased out, as he has looked slow and has been ineffective overall. I would bench him if you can.

Not saying this is gospel and hopefully this was because they were getting their a** kicked. But wouldn't you want your best player out there? Even a hobbled Julio played as much as he could. I don't know. For those people considering moving CEH for Gurley. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
Just now, jstep13 said:

What are we doing with the hyphen this weekend? I was pretty confident starting him last week versus a poor Raiders run D but against a pretty stout TB D, I'm not so sure...

He's an obvious start imo. He's an integral part of the Chiefs' offense. They're going to have to score somehow. Reid is obviously not one to bang his head against a wall. If they need to throw to CEH - or anyone else - they will. 

Just like the Jets game seemed like an obvious rushing bonanza - this one seems obvious there will be no run game. But KC is a good team, so there's no way to predict how they can move it v Tampa - they just will. I want a piece of it (per usual).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

What are we doing with the hyphen this weekend? I was pretty confident starting him last week versus a poor Raiders run D but against a pretty stout TB D, I'm not so sure...

I think he definitely gets a downgrade because of the matchup - I expect fewer overall touches but more targets, but I still see him as at least a mid-range RB2 because this offense will march down the field against any D, creating potential RZ opportunities.

• Like 2

I hate the matchup this week, enough to bench him. I’m high on CEH, but I want no part of any RB other than the truly elite ones going up against that Tampa front. Did you guys see last nights game, Rams couldn’t get anything going on the ground. They went to the quick passing game, could definitely see KC doing the same.

15 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I hate the matchup this week, enough to bench him. I’m high on CEH, but I want no part of any RB other than the truly elite ones going up against that Tampa front. Did you guys see last nights game, Rams couldn’t get anything going on the ground. They went to the quick passing game, could definitely see KC doing the same.

Hate to say it but I agree.

43 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Who are you playing instead.
This game is going to be a shootout. CEH will put up points I think.