thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Cause ESPN championship is weeks 16 and 17. 

This is a fantasy website after all.

Point being Williams has never handled over 141 touches in a season.

Bodes well for CEH

Dude - people play playoff games.  I have no idea what you’re going with here.

15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Dude - people play playoff games.  I have no idea what you’re going with here.

Playoff games don't relate to fantasy football.

I don't understand what you mean.

He has been a beast in the playoffs, probably because he never handled a heavy load in the regular season.

His playoff stats don't count towards any fantasy production except in DFS so I dont see how that is relevant. 

We don't say Henry rushed for 1,880 yards and 19 TDs because 346 and 3 TDs of that was done in the playoffs where it didn't have any impact on fantasy leagues.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:58 AM, Impreza178 said:

Don’t overpay for this guy in redraft.  Chiefs are telling us the same thing this offseason as last.    No one wanted to believe it would be a messy timeshare.  

”Once these guys come in the building and once you get this thing rolling, I think everyone kind of gels as a cohesive unit, but our situation is certainly good for Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Damien Williams because these guys will be really good complementary players to one another.”

Neither guy is expected to be the workhorse at the position, despite Edwards-Helaire’s draft pedigree.

“I certainly think it’s going to be a shared load,” Veach said. “Damien has been in this offense for a long time and certainly has shown what he can do on that playoff run. The guy’s a really good pass protector [and] can catch the football. I mean, both these guys can run and catch and certainly Damien will come in as the starting running back and Clyde will have to come in here and compete for playing time, which we think he’ll do. But I think it will be a one-two punch.”

I believed it would be a messy timeshare. it had nothing to do with the Chiefs but rather than the fact that Williams sucks.

CEH doesn't suck.

Thus, case closed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Playoff games don't relate to fantasy football.

I don't understand what you mean.

He has been a beast in the playoffs, probably because he never handled a heavy load in the regular season.

His playoff stats don't count towards any fantasy production except in DFS so I dont see how that is relevant. 

We don't say Henry rushed for 1,880 yards and 19 TDs because 346 and 3 TDs of that was done in the playoffs where it didn't have any impact on fantasy leagues.

You can’t state that the playoffs matter for fantasy purposes and they don’t in almost the same sentence.

31 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You can’t state that the playoffs matter for fantasy purposes and they don’t in almost the same sentence.

I'm lost, you have officially confused me

I am on a fantasy website chat message board. I care about week 1-17 stats accumulated.

He's up to 25 today in FFC's PPR ADP rankings, and i found that surprising, though i haven't kept up on this thread.

Side note- i usually do drafts every day there as a quick time killer, and this AM it looked for the first time like the ADP's were truly balanced. 

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I am on a fantasy website chat message board. I care about week 1-17 stats accumulated.

🤔 

Football only exists for Cleats if they’re wearing a white number on their helmet or it’s during the fantasy season?  

2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

He's up to 25 today in FFC's PPR ADP rankings, and i found that surprising, though i haven't kept up on this thread.

Side note- i usually do drafts every day there as a quick time killer, and this AM it looked for the first time like the ADP's were truly balanced. 

good to hear , I’ll take another look.  Easy fade at the end of the second in redraft 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

🤔

Football only exists for Cleats if they’re wearing a white number on their helmet or it’s during the fantasy season?  

good to hear , I’ll take another look.  Easy fade at the end of the second in redraft 

I like football, all of it.

I come here for differing FANTASY FOOTBALL opinions and discussions as it relates to leagues we play in.

General football discussions should include a players overall body of work.

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I like football, all of it.

I come here for differing FANTASY FOOTBALL opinions and discussions as it relates to leagues we play in.

General football discussions should include a players overall body of work.

Fair enough-  agree to disagree.  

Pertinent info about a players outlook is not limited to weeks there are imaginary FANTASY leagues keeping score.  

An NFL decision maker would be laughed off the podium for claiming so.  

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Fair enough-  agree to disagree.  

Pertinent info about a players outlook is not limited to weeks there are imaginary FANTASY leagues keeping score.  

An NFL decision maker would be laughed off the podium for claiming so.  

If you wanna discuss NFL decision making decisions I can do that but in a player outlook thread when talking about his fantasy situation for the coming season I need only reference his regular season stats.

My imaginary football leagues don't count his accumulated playoff stats.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If you wanna discuss NFL decision making decisions I can do that but in a player outlook thread when talking about his fantasy situation for the coming season I need only reference his regular season stats.

My imaginary football leagues don't count his accumulated playoff stats.

let me get this straight...I don’t want to misrepresent your opinion.  

offseason news doesn’t matter,   Draft doesn’t matter,  playoffs don’t matter, coaching changes don’t matter...

your only consideration for the next season is what happened between early sept and the first week of January last year?  

🤔 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

let me get this straight...I don’t want to misrepresent your opinion.  

offseason news doesn’t matter,   Draft doesn’t matter,  playoffs don’t matter, coaching changes don’t matter...

your only consideration for the next season is what happened between early sept and the first week of January last year?  

🤔

Lol, of course not.

I'm not sure how this got mis-interpreted.

All those things you mentioned matter except the playoff performances.  Coaching changes, offseason moves, the draft, all those things have direct effect on a players outlook going into the next season. 

As far as the playoff performances are concerned they helped no one in fantasy for THAT season.

If you want to look back at the previous years playoff performance and try to draw a conclusion of how you think those performances affect his value going into the next season then I guess you are free to do that.

What I'm telling you is that no matter what, after this fantasy football season is over (except in DFS), how players perform in the playoffs will not matter to the people who invested in said player only to have him miss most the season (for fantasy) then beast when it mattered most ( the playoffs and super bowl).

Perhaps I was under the false impression that we were here to discuss fantasy outlooks.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If so, why do you care about anyone’s Week 17 stats?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

🤔

If that was the case, he’d completely ignore CEH, who torched his Tide and led LSU to its first win over Alabama since 2011. :D 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

If that was the case, he’d completely ignore CEH, who torched his Tide and led LSU to its first win over Alabama since 2011. :D 

Props, dude was unbelievable.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Some fantasy platforms include week 17.

Any platform could include that week - but no self-respecting commissioner would allow it.  Which still leaves us with the question: why do you count anyone’s Week 17 stats?

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Any platform could include that week - but no self-respecting commissioner would allow it.  Which still leaves us with the question: why do you count anyone’s Week 17 stats?

As I have said some platforms play week 17, I have played in those leagues before so there is relevance there. 

I personally have transitioned to leagues that end in week 16 only but week 17 is still relevant to some people.

18 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Or...the opposite?   Anyone who stops the unstoppable tide is now worthy of DHC attention.  

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

As I have said some platforms play week 17, I have played in those leagues before so there is relevance there. 

I personally have transitioned to leagues that end in week 16 only but week 17 is still relevant to some people.

Good personal transition.  I’m not trying to annoy you, I’m just pointing out that happenings can be relevant to fantasy even if they occur outside the lines of Weeks 1-16.

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I don't think you want to, but anyone coming up with a reasonable scheme to marry the NFL playoffs with fantasy playoffs has a winner, I think. We all feel the void when real football continues and the much more real Fantasy has to stop.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

you’re missing the point my friend.  If it matters to the coach and GM,  it matters to your fantasy team.   It could be a big run in practice...or a great blitz pickup in camp that earns your player more touches early season.  It could be a big postseason and Super Bowl run.  

whatever influences a teams decision makers is relevant to a players future outlook.  Much of it will happen outside of “fantasy scoring weeks.”    

you know this.   Let’s move on 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 7:36 PM, Stonej14 said:

So you’re saying Damien Williams is not good then? 

Too lazy to keep up with the convo, but I am confident Damien Williams is not good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Too lazy to keep up with the convo, but I am confident Damien Williams is not good.

In the playoffs or in regular season? Asking for a friend. 😇

15 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

In the playoffs or in regular season? Asking for a friend. 😇

All the seasons. Dude would be out of football if he didn't land on KC.

• Haha 1