thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

All the seasons. Dude would be out of football if he didn't land on KC.

Yikes.  Terrible take.  Dude really should’ve won MVP of the last football game played.

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

Yikes.  Terrible take.  Dude really should’ve won MVP of the last football game played.

He was amazing in the super bowl, fantastic performance.

It's a shame he could never put games together like that in the regular season.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:31 AM, Impreza178 said:

Or...the opposite?   Anyone who stops the unstoppable tide is now worthy of DHC attention.  

Then he should be all over Burrow this year and fawning over Chase next year. :D  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BMcP said:

Timmy Smith still holds the SB rushing record. Avg’d 6.7 ypc in the playoffs that season. That didn’t mean he was a good RB in his career. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He was amazing in the super bowl, fantastic performance.

It's a shame he could never put games together like that in the regular season.

Don’t have to look back far to see he killed it in 2018 after the trade-  In the regular season(where your fantasy points count),  and another monster playoff game.  

Healthy DW is a great fit for this offense.  I know it,  you know it,  and the Chiefs know it.

CEH time will come in 2021-  unless he’s more Bishop Sankey than Brian Westbrook.   Haven’t seen him play a single pro snap yet.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Don’t have to look back far to see he killed it in 2018 after the trade-  In the regular season(where your fantasy points count),  and another monster playoff game.  

Healthy DW is a great fit for this offense.  I know it,  you know it,  and the Chiefs know it.

CEH time will come in 2021-  unless he’s more Bishop Sankey than Brian Westbrook.   Haven’t seen him play a single pro snap yet.   

Bishop Sankey that's cute.

A healthy DW is a plus for the offense but that's what everyone knows, that he can not handle a heavy workload. If the chiefs want him available in the playoffs they are not going to be able to over use him in the regular season. Probably not over 200 touches (which would be a career high for a regular season) That alone is why CEH will retain RB2 value all season. He will be involved from the beginning of the season and when Williams misses some games (cause you know he will) ceh is gonna be a RB1 for those games and hopefully D Williams will rest up nice for another stellar playoff run and SB performance.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

Oh is that how football players are measured? Tell me more.

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

I know you aren't arguing with me, but the point is, there are an infinite number of RBs that can be put into the KC scheme and do well. There is a reason Dwill is 28 and has less than 300 rushing attempts. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Timmy Smith still holds the SB rushing record. Avg’d 6.7 ypc in the playoffs that season. That didn’t mean he was a good RB in his career. 

ugh.. brings back nightmares

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Oh is that how football players are measured? Tell me more.

When the measurement is whether or not a given player should have been out of the league a long time ago, yes, it’s an appropriate metric.

44 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Crazy

No how in the **** did dmb3684 weasel his way into that draft?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Crazy

Very crazy. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Very crazy. 

Something about “you played yourself” by DJ Khaled belongs here.

18 hours ago, Evincar said:

Crazy

It wouldn't surprise me at all if CEH outscores Henry and Mixon this year.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

I would be floored, personally.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

I think Henry doesn't score enough to match his adp. Mixon should have a strong season. 

I honestly think that CEH was the best RB in the draft this year. Now to say he is going to outscore Mixon and Henry that is another story and I don't know if I can jump onto that bandwagon.

In regards to CEH v Williams for 2020. The chiefs are obviously in a win now mode, once Mahomes gets his mega deal it will be much harder to assemble a team around him, so picks are very valuable to them in their current situation. They used their 1st on a very devalued position, I guess this could be Rashard Penny/CC situation but CEH is going to get used and used a lot this year. Do I see him as high end RB1 probably not, I see his range of outcomes for 2020 as RB8-24 for the season. Drafting him is going to come down to how big of a gamble you are.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

this could be Rashard Penny/CC situation

Penny/Carson is an entirely different story - Penny is a zone runner and that's just not how the Seahawks play. 

CEH is a perfect fit for the kind of RBs the Chiefs already have, except younger, stronger and probably better. He makes total sense.

Not sure he's already going to be worth a high pick in redraft (dynasty is a different thing) but I see this as completely different from what happened in Seattle.

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Penny/Carson is an entirely different story - Penny is a zone runner and that's just not how the Seahawks play. 

CEH is a perfect fit for the kind of RBs the Chiefs already have, except younger, stronger and probably better. He makes total sense.

Not sure he's already going to be worth a high pick in redraft (dynasty is a different thing) but I see this as completely different from what happened in Seattle.

In Damien Williams prime he still had to talk to cameras to justify his role. They brought in shady. I don’t think Reid likes Damien. Call it a hunch, but I have a sense it will be all CEH within short order. So I prefer to draft him higher than Carson given his hip issue. But, then again I am a gambler. 

12 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

This statement had nothing to do with talent/schemes and just the broad generalization that just because he’s a first round pick does not mean he will supplant the incumbent RB. And I even said that probably won’t happen, 1st round picks play more often than not.

I view CEH as a high end RB2 low end RB1 this year, If I’m picking at the top of round 1 I would have no issue taking CMC/Barkley and getting CEH in round 2/3. Will definitely be trying to handcuff with Williams though.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:51 PM, Ddam2013 said:

This statement had nothing to do with talent/schemes and just the broad generalization that just because he’s a first round pick does not mean he will supplant the incumbent RB. And I even said that probably won’t happen, 1st round picks play more often than not.

I view CEH as a high end RB2 low end RB1 this year, If I’m picking at the top of round 1 I would have no issue taking CMC/Barkley and getting CEH in round 2/3. Will definitely be trying to handcuff with Williams though.

How high are you willing to take Williams if you got CEH in round 2/3?

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

How high are you willing to take Williams if you got CEH in round 2/3?

Probably 6/7 turn. If I guarantee one of Saquon or CMC I have an elite RB1 who I don’t have to worry about (minus injury of course but we can’t control that). I believe the Starting chiefs RBs will produce Mid/high RB1 numbers when put together by their games started so if I can get both for a 2/3 and a 6/7 why not.

• Thanks 1