thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

Didn’t realize he actually had 55 catches in college last year as well as his production on the ground.  All in on this hype train gaining steam now!giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d42e2cfac0669d6cd6

• Like 2

CEH is gonna eat for the 3 games he plays before the season is cancelled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Comments like these are just old and tired.

Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it.

It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though.

If that's all you can talk about maybe just consider packing it in and not wasting time in these fantasy chats.

As for CEH... How many slots did this guy just move up?

I saw him most frequently as an early 3rd rounder.  He's gotta be in Miles Sanders range and ahead of Ekeler now IMO.  Would yall agree or disagree?

agree, people just like to troll. 

On the CEH part, I actually think this moves him up into the first round territory in line with Mixon, Aaron jones group.

• Like 1

I hate this news.

Williams isn’t good and at least he was keeping the value of CEH a bit lower. Now he’s going to be a high second round pick and will probably even go in the first in some drafts. Tough to justify him over someone like Sanders...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

As for CEH... How many slots did this guy just move up?

I saw him most frequently as a 3rd rounder.  He's gotta be in Miles Sanders range and ahead of Ekeler now IMO.  Would yall agree or disagree?

FFC had him right around the 2/3 turn in PPR.   I'm ready to bump him up in the Mixon/Sanders/Drake bunch myself.   In my auction keeper, he's my number one target.  

42 minutes ago, sSektor said:

CEH is gonna eat for the 3 games he plays before the season is cancelled.

Everyone gets the season is in jeopardy. Now let people enjoy talking about football and not have the ramifications of COVID shoved down their throat at every turn. These comments do literally nothing. If the season is cancelled so be it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

To be fair I did say he was going to do well in the first half of that comment lol. I'll chill with the negative season outlook talk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

All aboard the CEH train, departing now. Chugga chugga, chugga chugga, toot toot.

Edited by MurderInc

I entered him straight into the tier with Chubb and Mixon. Reid has a clear history of favoring a lead guy he likes. As long as CEH can withstand the workload, he'll feast. I'm pick ten in a redraft, and I'm praying he falls to the turn in round two. 

Would anyone take CEH over Cook, Henry, or Kamara? I'm not saying I would, but CEH has top 5 potential if he's the 3-down back in the Chiefs offense. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Everyone gets the season is in jeopardy. Now let people enjoy talking about football and not have the ramifications of COVID shoved down their throat at every turn. These comments do literally nothing. If the season is cancelled so be it. 

These are my thoughts as well as a few seem to get off on mentioning it in every sentence 

Edited by Savatage79

15 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

Would anyone take CEH over Cook, Henry, or Kamara? I'm not saying I would, but CEH has top 5 potential if he's the 3-down back in the Chiefs offense. 

I'd put him right behind those guys with a negligible difference.............if this was a normal offseason.    

14 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

image.jpeg.8d5a1a1e37174c71d734113c274cd302.jpeg

Yes the upside is there but I'm not taking him over proven guys.  

On 5/11/2020 at 12:42 PM, pushaZ said:

Im gonna go on a limb here and say that he's in the discussion for no. 1 pick next year with McCaffrey

Please allow me to take my victory lap before the first snap of the season😎

• Like 1

I get that people are going to be wary because he's a rook and he's had no offseason because of Covid.  But the learning curve is faster for RBs at the pro level than pass catchers.  Hold on to the rock, catch the rock, and hit the hole.  

I remember taking Zeke in the mid first round in his rookie year and people had the same comments about taking a rookie over a proven first rounder.  Don't be afraid and believe in the talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CooL said:

I get that people are going to be wary because he's a rook and he's had no offseason because of Covid.  But the learning curve is faster for RBs at the pro level than pass catchers.  Hold on to the rock, catch the rock, and hit the hole.  

I remember taking Zeke in the mid first round in his rookie year and people had the same comments about taking a rookie over a proven first rounder.  Don't be afraid and believe in the talent.

One other small thing they have to do, protect the QB...Half billion dollar man!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MurderInc said:

It would give me pause taking him over proven guys but, I think I would in my league (14 team, 2 keeper, full ppr).  I could keep CEH longer plus, there's also question marks about the other guys: Kamara - QB situation could change next year, Cook - possible holdout, Henry - not used in the passing game.

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I hate this news.

Williams isn’t good and at least he was keeping the value of CEH a bit lower. Now he’s going to be a high second round pick and will probably even go in the first in some drafts. Tough to justify him over someone like Sanders...

Couldn't agree more. Without DW, CEH may feel like a "safer" pick, but the rise in ADP will be disappointing for the OG supporters who were high on him already (with or without DW) but haven't yet drafted.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In the league i'm in he is 100% going in the 1st round. Anywhere from 4 to i would say 8. They pretty much went nuts when the news broke

Edited by NInsko

6 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Couldn't agree more. Without DW, CEH may feel like a "safer" pick, but the rise in ADP will be disappointing for the OG supporters who were high on him already (with or without DW) but haven't yet drafted.

A good argument to draft early

I liked CEH in college, and was an advocate of his before he got drafted as potentially the best RB in the draft class for today's style of NFL given his receiving chops, but he's still a rookie in a truncated offseason that's 5'7 207 pounds and while getting a lion's share of the work at LSU last year still split time and averaged about 18 touches per game in a historically dominant offense that got over 70 plays per game.  

Now people are saying they'll take him over Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook and Alvin Kamara?

Devonta Freeman GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I suspect this thread ends up in a flame war with one of the other Chiefs backs' threads who emerges as a little bit more "change of pace-y" than you were hoping.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MurderInc said:

Yes I would go even higher than those players you listed. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I liked CEH in college, and was an advocate of his before he got drafted as potentially the best RB in the draft class for today's style of NFL given his receiving chops, but he's still a rookie in a truncated offseason that's 5'7 207 pounds and while getting a lion's share of the work at LSU last year still split time and averaged about 18 touches per game in a historically dominant offense that got over 70 plays per game.  

Now people are saying they'll take him over Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook and Alvin Kamara?

Devonta Freeman GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I suspect this thread ends up in a flame war with one of the other Chiefs backs' threads who emerges as a little bit more "change of pace-y" than you were hoping.

I think you have to think about it in terms of where Zeke, Saquon went there rookie years as I think CEH will be in a similar environment. He doesn't have the talent level like Zeke/Saquon but he is on a much better team with the opportunity to dominate snaps. I think that alone warrants consideration of a top 10 fantasy draft pick honestly.