thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Top 6 overall pick

Behind CMC/SB/Zeke/AK/MT

Ahead of D Cook.

Just narrowly ahead of D Adams.

Went 6th in our draft. CMAC Barkley Zeke Cook MT CEH. Makes sense I think...could argue he's ahead of Cook and Alvin Kamara even as an unproven rookie. The situation and opportunity is pristine. 

9 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Went 6th in our draft. CMAC Barkley Zeke Cook MT CEH. Makes sense I think...could argue he's ahead of Cook and Alvin Kamara even as an unproven rookie. The situation and opportunity is pristine. 

In anything less that full PPR id take him in front of Michael Thomas too but that’s just me. I think he’s a top 4 or 5 guy in most set ups.
I heard a great stat the other day. In all the games that pat mahomes has started for the chiefs the RBs have averaged 1.7 TDs per game. If he gets bell cow touches he could lead the league in TDs. When Kareem hunt was with mahomes he had 14 TDs in 11 games that’s 1.3 TDs per game.

I kno you can’t just extrapolate that data and bank on 18TDs this season from CEH but it’s certainly comforting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I understand he has an elite setup.  Perfect coach for RBs, best player/QB in the game, great offense.  He will probably catch tons of passes and get lots of YAC.

But is nobody worried about actual carries? Is he going to get a lot of carries between the tackles? He's 5'7.  I know there have been good small backs before, but that's the exception not the rule.  So even if he's getting a lot of catches, do we anticipate him getting 200 carries even? If he is getting runs between the line, will he be getting the sh*t kicked out of him? Can he take that? 

There are still a lot of questions IMO.

Edited by Mustangt125
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

I understand he has an elite setup.  Perfect coach for RBs, best player/QB in the game, great offense.  He will probably catch tons of passes and get lots of YAC.

But is nobody worried about actual carries? Is he going to get a lot of carries between the tackles? He's 5'7.  I know there have been good small backs before, but that's the exception not the rule.  So even if he's getting a lot of catches, do we anticipate him getting 200 carries even? If he is getting runs between the line, will he be getting the sh*t kicked out of him? Can he take that? 

I would think he is Miles Sanders 2.0 in terms of carries to receptions ratio...although Sanders is an elite athlete compared to CEH. Then you add in Mahomes and the chiefs offense...yeah...seems too easy of a draft pick. Although you're going to lose your season if he busts in some capacity compared to the other sure things in the top-6. 

56 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

i don’t think him being 5’7 matters at all. Hight isn’t a big deal with RBs usually. Plenty of short guys dominate. Weight is usually a little more concerning but CEH has similar size to Brian Westbrook, shady, hunt, and jamaal Charles so I think he’ll be fine. 

4 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

Yeah, CEH's size at only 5'7" does concern me but there have been other successful workhorse backs like Maurice Jones-Drew who were built similar.  I passed on him in a couple drafts that I did for more proven players like Joe Mixon.

Why is height a concern at all? The only reason 5'7" would be a concern is if he was 185lbs. CEH is 207. He's a thick RB...kid has thick legs. The makeup of his physique is far more important than how tall he actually is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Why is height a concern at all? The only reason 5'7" would be a concern is if he was 185lbs. CEH is 207. He's a thick RB...kid has thick legs. The makeup of his physique is far more important than how tall he actually is. 

precedent, if not obligatory

GIF find sports news - animated GIF on GIFER

• Like 3

I’m pretty sure I won’t have CEH in any leagues this year cause I’m not willing to pay the ticket for him that I see the majority of people are... NO WAY I’d take him over Cook, Henry, Mike Thomas , Kamara type players... 

On 8/10/2020 at 5:15 PM, Flyman75 said:

I worry about concussions if he tries to take on defenders like Freeman or Kamara does to a degree.  If I take him, I hope they give him a Kamara like workload and not have him grinding out short yardage plays all the time.  

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I worry about concussions if he tries to take on defenders like Freeman or Kamara does to a degree.  If I take him, I hope they give him a Kamara like workload and not have him grinding out short yardage plays all the time.  

But why is that a CEH-specific concern, and what does his height have to do with it? He’s already low to the ground and most RBs get low when contact is about to be made. Him being 5’7” doesn’t make him more prone to concussions. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

But why is that a CEH-specific concern, and what does his height have to do with it? He’s already low to the ground and most RBs get low when contact is about to be made. Him being 5’7” doesn’t make him more prone to concussions. 

Unless he runs head-first into some DTs jockstrap.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

It's not CEH specific.   And I don't have any data whatsoever to back it up.  But in my mind, a shorter running back is going to take shots to the head more than a taller guy just because his head will never be completely above the defender.   So if you have an aggressive short RB, he's probably going to take more hits to the head than a taller RB.  

7 minutes ago, K197040 said:

It's not CEH specific.   And I don't have any data whatsoever to back it up.  But in my mind, a shorter running back is going to take shots to the head more than a taller guy just because his head will never be completely above the defender.   So if you have an aggressive short RB, he's probably going to take more hits to the head than a taller RB.  

Short man head in danger of hits. Tall man head fall from sky longer to ground. Medium man head, just right.

• Haha 1

Is this guy worth the 5th pick? So torn between MT13/CEH/Sanders 

9 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Short man head in danger of hits. Tall man head fall from sky longer to ground. Medium man head, just right.

LOL.   Like I said, I don't have any data to back it up.   But was just thinking of a shorter guy like Freeman who would lower his head and look for contact.   Seemed like he was taking a ton of shoulderpad to head shots.

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

the safe pick is Thomas ... i never won a cotdamn thing playing it "safe"

zero ballz, zero glory. 

good luck 🦗

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

zero ballz, zero glory. 

good luck 🦗

Not disputing the fact he's safe and may even outscore some of the RBs there..  It's just that you're maybe looking at Gurley as your starting RB.   And hoping you can get a rookie that catches fire. 

If you read this thread I like this dude a lot. I’ve been hyping him from the start.

With that in mind....6th overall is batshit crazy. There’s no way you can convince me CEH is a better pick than guys like Kamara, Mixon, Henry, Cook, and Sanders.

• Thanks 1

Yeah taking over other guys who have already done in on the field, not sure about that. Nobody knows though. I got him in second round in my dynasty league startup at pick 2.05.

40 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If you read this thread I like this dude a lot. I’ve been hyping him from the start.

With that in mind....6th overall is batshit crazy. There’s no way you can convince me CEH is a better pick than guys like Kamara, Mixon, Henry, Cook, and Sanders.

Yea I’m wit you on that... it seem like every year it’s a player that gets overhyped Up into the first round. I wouldn’t ranked him that high in a normal year im for sure not in a year with no real offseason no preseason etc...on a team with the best QB in the league .. he may do well overall but I can’t see top 5 pick stats comin from him at all 

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

zero ballz, zero glory. 

good luck 🦗

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Agreed, hype train is a bit out of control on this one, even if CEH balls out taking him top 6 is a bad value pick. 

Reliable studs in the first 2-3 rounds is nearly always the better play over gambles if you calculate the projected value.

3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

That's absurd to me.  Considering this guy over MT?  Wow.