thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

18 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

That's absurd to me.  Considering this guy over MT?  Wow.  

You can't just look at them in a vacuum though.   If you take Thomas, then your first RB is going to be pretty shaky.   The difference between CEH and that RB you get coming back is probably smaller than the difference between Thomas and JuJu or whoever.   Plus you still need at least one more RB.   Plenty more chances at finding a decent WR than a decent RB later.   At least risk wise.   Can't remember the exact stat but until last year, Thomas had never been a top 3 WR (maybe top 5).   Now the Sants arguable have the best WR2 they've had in years.  It's not like Thomas is a lock for the WR1.   He's probably a top 5 for sure.  But CEH has a pretty good case for being top 5 (floor) as well.

I landed first pick in the rookie draft as part of a start up dynasty league and it’s a hot commodity. Considering I have no clue how my team will stand, it’s hard to want to trade this pick. This kid finds himself in such a great situation, but I do agree with others— Michael Thomas in a redraft is definitely the move, imo. Just so much less risk.

48 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You can't just look at them in a vacuum though.   If you take Thomas, then your first RB is going to be pretty shaky.   The difference between CEH and that RB you get coming back is probably smaller than the difference between Thomas and JuJu or whoever.   Plus you still need at least one more RB.   Plenty more chances at finding a decent WR than a decent RB later.   At least risk wise.   Can't remember the exact stat but until last year, Thomas had never been a top 3 WR (maybe top 5).   Now the Sants arguable have the best WR2 they've had in years.  It's not like Thomas is a lock for the WR1.   He's probably a top 5 for sure.  But CEH has a pretty good case for being top 5 (floor) as well.

this x infinity. 

i'd much rather start up with the likes of King Hendry/Miles Standish/Clyde, and then wrap top shelf WR in the 2nd.

... a better start than MT13 and a lower tier RB. 

• Like 2

In standard, I am strongly considering CEH over MT as well.  There's just so much depth in WR this year and Andy Reid RBs have never done me wrong.  

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

If you pick like 6th or 7th and take Thomas your first RB is likely to be someone like Gurley or Bell. Ugh.

That being said there’s like 4-5 RBs I’d take over CEH around that range.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If you pick like 6th or 7th and take Thomas your first RB is likely to be someone like Gurley or Bell. Ugh.

That being said there’s like 4-5 RBs I’d take over CEH around that range.

Fair enough.   But you hit the nail on the head about probably needing to take an RB fairly deep into the 1st round.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Fair enough.   But you hit the nail on the head about probably needing to take an RB fairly deep into the 1st round.

Yeah I’m a big advocate of taking the best player available early on but it’s a problem when it forces you to reach like crazy later on.

At 5-7 Thomas is without a doubt the best player available. However, the best player available at 19-22 isn’t a back either. It’s like Jackson, Godwin, Kittle, Kelce, or someone like that. In the early 30s the best player may be a back with guys like Gurley, DJ, and Bell there but in the early 40s that batch is gone so the best available isn’t a RB either.

So going strictly of best available you are looking at like WR, QB/WR/TE, RB, WR in the first 4 rounds. In PPR that’s MAYBE workable but in half and standard you’re just in deep water with only 1 RB in the first 4 rounds especially with that RB being a third round pick. So there’s only 3 real options.

1) “Reach” a few picks in the mid first for a very good RB like Sanders, Mixon, and I suppose CEH if you are into the hype.

2) Reach like crazy for someone like Bell, Gurley, or Johnson in the second (taking these guys around 20 makes me want to puke).

3) Draft best available and have your RB1 most likely be someone past their prime and RB2 either a rookie that may or may not produce or someone in an RBBC

The first option seems easily the best IMO. It allows you to draft with pretty much as much flexibility as you want the next 3 rounds. Especially with the WR depth in the 30-50 range.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah I’m a big advocate of taking the best player available early on but it’s a problem when it forces you to reach like crazy later on.

At 5-7 Thomas is without a doubt the best player available. However, the best player available at 19-22 isn’t a back either. It’s like Jackson, Godwin, Kittle, Kelce, or someone like that. In the early 30s the best player may be a back with guys like Gurley, DJ, and Bell there but in the early 40s that batch is gone so the best available isn’t a RB either.

So going strictly of best available you are looking at like WR, QB/WR/TE, RB, WR in the first 4 rounds. In PPR that’s MAYBE workable but in half and standard you’re just in deep water with only 1 RB in the first 4 rounds especially with that RB being a third round pick. So there’s only 3 real options.

1) “Reach” a few picks in the mid first for a very good RB like Sanders, Mixon, and I suppose CEH if you are into the hype.

2) Reach like crazy for someone like Bell, Gurley, or Johnson in the second (taking these guys around 20 makes me want to puke).

3) Draft best available and have your RB1 most likely be someone past their prime and RB2 either a rookie that may or may not produce or someone in an RBBC

The first option seems easily the best IMO. It allows you to draft with pretty much as much flexibility as you want the next 3 rounds. Especially with the WR depth in the 30-50 range.

Agree 100%.   I've done plenty of mocks where I start of Thomas/Kittle/WR  and I end up with an A+ on Fantasy Pros.  But when I look at the team, I pretty much hate it because I'm screwed at RB. 

Y’all should start doing auctions instead of snake and ya can put ya team together however ya want 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

Y’all should start doing auctions instead of snake and ya can put ya team together however ya want 🤷🏾‍♂️

to an extent, yes ...

but if i want a CMC/Barkley/King Hendry backfield (one as flex), i'm pretty much starting you as my wr1. 

auctions have budgets, folks.

52 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

I prefer snake drafts. Different strokes and all that. 

29 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

to an extent, yes ...

but if i want a CMC/Barkley/King Hendry backfield (one as flex), i'm pretty much starting you as my wr1. 

auctions have budgets, folks.

🙄 of course you’re not gonna get all that in any draft...... I’m referring to the building block(s) to your team as opposed to having to wait in line 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I prefer snake drafts. Different strokes and all that. 

Yea I feel that. It’s all a preference. I agree 

6 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

🙄 of course you’re not gonna get all that in any draft...... I’m referring to the building block(s) to your team as opposed to having to wait in line 

nah, you can still construct thru snake, providing you do your homework. 

of course the example i gave was extreme, because auction does not afford you leeway to be any stronger than a savvy snake drafter, it's one of the biggest fallacies of this gig. 

cut and dried. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Without hijacking.

1st IMO CEH is too risky as a first round pick over established guys like Mixon, Henry, Drake. Your 1st picks have to be a lock. He almost always goes 7-9 in the yahoo mocks I have seen.

Now in FULL ppr I am okay with going. 1. Adams/2.Kelce/3.DJ Moore/ 4.Bell or Fournette. That would be an ideal start all 4 of those guys are relatively safe and you can follow it up with another ppr guy like white, hunt, boston scott, cohen, or even a guy like peterson to keep you afloat for a couple weeks and work the waivers. RB were amazingly healthy in 2019, 2020 is pretty much guaranteed to have rbs out so load up on your mattisons, ryquels, chase edmunds, etc. 

TLDR- CEH is too risky as a 1st round pick, pick safer WRs or established RBs. 

Edited by nmartinez12443

14 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

1st IMO CEH is too risky as a first round pick over established guys like Mixon, Henry, Drake. 

Mixon and drake? Established? Wut?

its very simple. you want the rb thats going to be in the best offense in fb or you dont. (over 35 pts per game 2018, 28 per game last year, so 30+ pts per game seems like floor with healthy mahomes

im all for floor but to say cook (inj) or mixon CIN ha, or drake sample size or henry td dependent no rec, are safer seems silly. i dont see how he doesnt get enough touches to be as "safe" as other mid 1 rders. zero chance i take him over MT in full ppr. dont care what rb are available later.

zero shares.

would take him over cook, henry, mixon, drake, in full ppr without thinking twice. no chance i would take ceh over mt or the front 4 of kamara, zeke, cmc, barkley

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Mixon and drake? Established? Wut?

Yes, they will be getting the lions share of carries and touches. Drake got paid and fits the system like a glove. Mixon has been doing it for a couple years now. Plus they both have clear and free handcuffs, which is important in covid 2020.

Are you 100 sure it wont be like last year and be a three man committee with williams, washinton, CEH, with a little darwin sprinkled in at least in the beginning?

Is he more kareem hunt or boston scott?

Can you count on a rookie with no/limited practice reps to come out and be your bell-cow?

So for me it is too risky and I want the guy thats gonna get me 250 total touches as a baseline. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

its very simple. you want the rb thats going to be in the best offense in fb or you dont. (over 35 pts per game 2018, 28 per game last year, so 30+ pts per game seems like floor with healthy mahomes

im all for floor but to say cook (inj) or mixon CIN ha, or drake sample size or henry td dependent no rec, are safer seems silly. i dont see how he doesnt get enough touches to be as "safe" as other mid 1 rders. zero chance i take him over MT in full ppr. dont care what rb are available later.

zero shares.

would take him over cook, henry, mixon, drake, in full ppr without thinking twice. no chance i would take ceh over mt or the front 4 of kamara, zeke, cmc, barkley

Must of missed the playoffs last year cook is  not injured, prone yes just get mattison. Plus is in a contract year.

Drake will be in a top 10 off himself and has an established role and in full ppr 50 catches should be his floor.

Mixon 3 down back also involved in the passing game 275 touches all but guaranteed.

Henry I hate in full ppr so CEH over him be my guess, but at least with henry your getting 300 touches.

In full MT should be over CEH, 120 catches should be his floor especially with NO schedule. I know you agree but many dont.

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1

lotta "safe" players up in here ... 6-7 or 7-6, bounced out first round if ya make the playoffs. 

winning is never about safe, it's about ballz.

grow a set, and ATTACK!!!1!!1!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ESPN's Adam Teicher reports Chiefs first-rounder Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the "featured back" in Friday's practice.

Coach Andy Reid confirmed as much in his post-practice presser, stating Edwards-Helaire will continue to get "a lot of work" with the first-team unit. "Is everything perfect?," Reid continued. "No, not right now. But he's working to get there.'' If anything, it's the first confirmation we've received that this is CEH's job to lose following Damien Williams' opt-out. DeAndre Washington arguably has standalone value as the rookie's backup at his current 14.10 ADP as the overall RB62, but Edwards-Helaire remains a top-seven discussion point ahead of padded practices.

Aug 14, 2020, 11:48 AM ET

Should be a #2 overall pick in fantasy if he is indeed the guy....In this offense its a no brainer over the likes of Elliott, Kamara, DH and others....

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Should be a #2 overall pick in fantasy if he is indeed the guy....In this offense its a no brainer over the likes of Elliott, Kamara, DH and others....

Tough to put him over Zeke. He’s just sooooooooo steady. After that though I’m in. #4 on my board. 

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

lotta "safe" players up in here ... 6-7 or 7-6, bounced out first round if ya make the playoffs. 

winning is never about safe, it's about ballz.

grow a set, and ATTACK!!!1!!1!

Upside plays are for rounds 4-12. 2019-Josh jacobs, godwin, henry, sanders, lamar jackson  etc. The first three picks of your need to bench floor guys with some upside. IMO. He also has no clear handcuff like the other top rbs.