thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

37 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Upside plays are for rounds 4-12. 2019-Josh jacobs, godwin, henry, sanders, lamar jackson  etc. The first three picks of your need to bench floor guys with some upside. IMO. He also has no clear handcuff like the other top rbs.

Handcuffs are overrated. There’s maybe 3-4 I would actually want. Pollard, Murray, Edmonds. There might be another couple, but most backfield go to an RBBC when a starter gets hurt. 

• Like 1

Top 6 overall pick.

After CMC, Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, and Thomas....you shouldn't take anybody else over CEH.

CEH deserves to be the #6 overall player in Fantasy drafts. 

Pendulum is starting to swing too far for me, as someone who has drafted both Zeke and Saquon in round 1 in their rookie years, that was not a tough decision because they checked off every single box in terms of ability, versatility, health...maybe situation not so much for Saquon but his off the chart ability made up for that.  Even though they were rookies they still felt like relatively safe picks.

For CEH, some of these things I don't feel as comfortable with as Zeke and Saquon when it was their time.  At 5 or 6, you're buying the upside in that offense at that price (meaning you better hope Mahomes stays healthy as well).  He's a solid RB and had a good year, but he's not Zeke or Saquon good.

I like him at the end of the 1st, but just feel like there's too many variables to take him over a few of the proven guys.  It's a big hill to climb if your 1st rounder doesn't live up to expectations.  I mean he can definitely do it, but at #5 or 6 you better hope he does.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yes, they will be getting the lions share of carries and touches. Drake got paid and fits the system like a glove. Mixon has been doing it for a couple years now. Plus they both have clear and free handcuffs, which is important in covid 2020.

Are you 100 sure it wont be like last year and be a three man committee with williams, washinton, CEH, with a little darwin sprinkled in at least in the beginning?

Is he more kareem hunt or boston scott?

Can you count on a rookie with no/limited practice reps to come out and be your bell-cow?

So for me it is too risky and I want the guy thats gonna get me 250 total touches as a baseline. 

First, yes 100 sure it won’t be a rbbc. 

Second, the only reason you compare him to Scott is the height. Why compare him to Sproles while you’re at it. 

Three, yes, I believe you can. 

As for Drake, I’m not so sure he’ll get as many touches as you think. I believe Edmonds is going get a good many touches even if Drake is healthy. Mixon I agree with you on...he’s gonna ball out this year. 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, Impreza178 said:

it’s fun to see your guys play in primetime,  as @MrCantaloupe suggested....

whether there is any truth to it being a boon for fantasy scoring.....ehhhh.    I’d love to see the stats on that DHC.

Add a no-fans-in-attendance prime time and its not really prime

On 8/14/2020 at 6:20 PM, PisEdiRin said:

Top 6 overall pick.

After CMC, Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, and Thomas....you shouldn't take anybody else over CEH.

CEH deserves to be the #6 overall player in Fantasy drafts. 

Agreed. CEH should be a first-rounder.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

CEH will be the best in the league. Watch out!

giphy.gif

I agree with this sentiment, but I can't bring myself to give you a like due to the gif. As someone that worked with him, Coach O is the worst. Just to give an example, he is one of those guys that almost exclusively refer to themselves in the 3rd person.

Edited by Jwook

40 minutes ago, Jwook said:

I agree with this sentiment, but I can't bring myself to give you a like due to the gif. As someone that worked with him, Coach O is the worst. Just to give an example, he is one of those guys that almost exclusively refer to themselves in the 3rd person.

228da76f-1cd1-4a3c-a198-47b72a92e69d_tex

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

How many togches are you guys projecting? Projecting what kind of split between him and the rest if the rbs? 

10 minutes ago, scheibler said:

How many togches are you guys projecting? Projecting what kind of split between him and the rest if the rbs? 

IF he stays healthy

IF he lives up to the hype

... then a 250 touch floor is all but a certainty (210, 40).

ps- expect more, 'cuz you're gonna get it - yes 👍 

2 hours ago, HTXMade said:

I would have no problem with taking him 1st overall

I like the way you think.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I like the way you think.

nah if you want him that bad you still draft CMC with the first and as soon as the draft is over trade CMC for CEH and someone else ya like. Don’t jump the gun... unless ya know someone like you is gonna draft him and won’t trade him for anything then I guess you gotta reach for him. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

nah if you want him that bad you still draft CMC with the first and as soon as the draft is over trade CMC for CEH and someone else ya like. Don’t jump the gun... unless ya know someone like you is gonna draft him and won’t trade him for anything then I guess you gotta reach for him. 

Dear god who would trade CMC for CEH that’s the worst move ever

I can't believe I'm contemplating CEH over MT, but I'm most likely going CEH lol. I always kill the draft, except for my 1st rdr so be warned 😆

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

I can't believe I'm contemplating CEH over MT, but I'm most likely going CEH lol. I always kill the draft, except for my 1st rdr so be warned 😆

CEH over MT? Bold move my friend you’ll be a genius if your right

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

CEH over MT? Bold move my friend you’ll be a genius if your right

Yea main reason is bc by the time I pick again the best two rbs will be ekeler or conner. Think I'd rather risk it with CEH and grab a guy like Godwin or Golladay or even go rb again

Edited by scheibler