Rotoworld.com Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

Goal line thing and no catches seems like a weird 1 game anomaly. The dude is the TRUTH on those cuts.

Houston just made some really great plays at the goal line, I don't think it mattered who was getting those carries, would have gotten stuffed either way IMO. And I'm hoping they get him going more in the passing game once he gets more comfortable in the offense, I wasn't really expecting him to get all that work in his first NFL game. The most important thing is this dude passed the eye test...he's gonna be good!

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Goal line thing (JJ Watt) and no catches seems like a weird 1 game anomaly. The dude is the TRUTH on those cuts.

Yeah he did a couple sideways jump cuts that were sick. I can't wait to see how many routes he ran, Mahommes was looking his way frequently. I can't wait until they start getting a few screens his way.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Goal line thing and no catches seems like a weird 1 game anomaly. The dude is the TRUTH on those cuts.

Absolutely stellar on his jump cuts. Just you wait, some of those are going for 60+ yard home runs. 

• Like 4

He looks really hard to tackle too.  Broke so many of them.  Low center of gravity, lot of power....arm tackles aren't going to work well against him.

The biggest worry I actually had was that Darrel Williams was gonna be the goal line back.  Clearly not the case.  Plus, Darrel looked very pedestrian tonight compared to CEH.  Nothing to fear from a workload perspective anymore.

An example of, if you didn’t see the game, you would clearly be happy but if you did, you would be happy but also disappointed. Clearly a talented player and JJ Watt made all pro plays that quite literally singlehandedly stopped 2 additional scores.

Pretty remarkable.

Just now, n4sa said:

Wow, so glad I jumped on him in auction draft. I know it says he had 5.5 ypc tonight but it really was more like 7 after getting stuffed at the GL that many times.

Exciting player to watch for sure.

Those goal lines would have been tough for anyone.  Way too much penetration which forced CEH to make cuts behind the line of scrimmage.  

2 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

That 3rd down catch where he ran right into the defender and was tackled immediately was incredibly pedestrian. It was so unimpressive I laughed.

Exactly!  I laughed as well.  Laughed cause I have stock in CEH and laughed cause Darrel is just a good player in a high octane offense.  CEH is mini Barkley in a high octane offense.  I'm chubbing up...gonna have to log off. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat
1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

That 3rd down catch where he ran right into the defender and was tackled immediately was incredibly pedestrian. It was so unimpressive I laughed.

Yep.

Darrell Williams is extremely competent.  That's it.

Useful skill.  He won't f up.  But he won't give you anything extra either.

CEH is the man in this backfield.  And in a more competitive game, he's going to get the rock in myriad ways