thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

KC probably won't see a catch-up mode all season tho

Which is fine, because then they're in clock killing mode.  CEH was the clock killer last night.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FeastMode said:

Don’t know about numbers but I noticed several times when CEH leaked out into the flat Houston had someone staying with him. I don’t assume that gameplan was necessarily designed to stop CEH versus Mahomes tendency to throw to RB’s generally. But there were a few times Mahomes looked his way but he wasn’t open.  I’m not worried about his receiving role last night, because he’s too good and too dangerous out of the backfield for the chiefs to keep him one dimensional and Telegraph run vs passing plays.

Yes.  There was a RZ play that Mahomes was leaking left looking down CEH.  CEH was running the flat and got stuffed up by a Houston defender.  That was surely going to be TD #1.  Ended up being the Kelce TD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Two targets doesn’t really indicated that he was Mahomes first read. It would seem that if he was the first read many times, he would have received more than a couple of poorly thrown targets. 

Reads =/= Targets. On the int that was overturned in the fourth it was a designed play for CEH. He had another in the 1st before Kelces td.  He looked his way many times but Mahommes didnt force it.

I really liked the Chiefs o-line last night.  Looks like they have stepped it up a notch.  Felt like they had the ability to play a little smash mouth now.  

CEH got stuffed 2 or 3 times near the goal line and his one near-reception was a fiasco.  But apart from those few plays, his performance was very encouraging.

I will be curious to see how CEH performs against better opposing defenses.  6 man boxes are a thing of beauty for a running back.

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

CEH got stuffed 2 or 3 times near the goal line and his one near-reception was a fiasco.  But apart from those few plays, his performance was very encouraging.

I will be curious to see how CEH performs against better opposing defenses.  6 man boxes are a thing of beauty for a running back.

The Texans are a better opposing defense. No defense is going to let Mahomes beat them through the air. They are going to attempt to slow that down before the running game. The Chiefs running game should be wide open all season.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think it was more that 3. He doesn't have the experience yet as to how to run in the NFL. He ran exactly where the play called for and you have to be able to pick a different lane in the NFL if you don't have that all star o line. they also didn't run plays to his strength. Toss it out to him and let him make someone miss. he's not big enough to power thru a DL.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

he's not big enough to power thru a DL.

He's a pretty stout and powerful dude.  He almost got that first goal line stance with a second effort after Watts busted the line.   He is going to be no match with a DL that busts the line and is coming at him with speed....but he will be able to move and bounce off big guys.  

• Like 1

Darrel Williams is really good on the goal line.  But the Chiefs seem determined to turn CEH from a first-round-pick into an NFL star.  So it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I mean JJ Watt was a force on some of those goal line plays, not sure a whole lot could of been done on those runs..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Darrel Williams is really good on the goal line.  But the Chiefs seem determined to turn CEH from a first-round-pick into an NFL star.  So it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Darrell Williams career carries from the 5 or closer...

image.png.d95d43bfa96f48e5a4f7a721c2419062.png

He did convert 2 TD's against the Lions in a close game, so deserves credit for that. The Lions also ranked 29th against fantasy RB's in 2019. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

JJ Watt literally made HOF plays blowing up the backfield. They will get better at the goalline and the passing game will pick up.

even with getting stuffed multiple times at the goalline and having no catches he put up 19 points in 0.5PPR as a rookie RB in his first nfl game with 25 touches and broke off a 27 yd TD run.

19 POINTS with ZERO catches

how is this a problem or room for darrel williams? Cmon guys

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

Should’ve drafted this dude over CMC 🤣

edit: just kidding before I get grilled 

Edited by LAeagle

3 hours ago, jccouger said:

Big mad you didn't draft him lol 

Why would I be big mad?? I have DJ who i drafted round 5 and got more points than CEH because he contributes in the passing game.

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... for the click averse:

LFG !! This kid is the real deal Holyfield. Trust it don't bust it

I just wish he punched in one of those GL plunges, just to see this thread go bonkers. He's a very special player 

2 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Why would I be big mad?? I have DJ who i drafted round 5 and got more points than CEH because he contributes in the passing game.

this will not age well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this will not age well. 

Age well??? Its fact That DJ outscored CEH in ppr in week 1, not sure how that wont age well...... lol

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Let's not turn this into a Darrel Williams thread.

This is a thread about a league winner....not the league's most pedestrian 1b.

4 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Age well??? Its fact That DJ outscored CEH in ppr in week 1, not sure how that wont age well...... lol

11 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Why would I be big mad?? I have DJ who i drafted round 5 and got more points than CEH because he contributes in the passing game. 

you said contributes, not contributed ... which allows that you foresee it as the way the rest of the season will play out. 

HTH

• Thanks 1