thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

As a flex play, I playes Henry, JT and Robinson today. 2 out of the 3 outperformed CEH on a bad team. Volume gives a safer floor, and CEH is a good piece to the offense but like many have said KC didn't look great for a big part of the game. 

I don’t think you understood what I said. 

Y'all still going back and forth on this? Fantasy football players have preferences similar to music. 

I think Henry is a JAG who just got lucky lady year, DHC thinks he's an other worldly talent. 

Some of us think CEH has top 10 potential, JacobThunder15 doesn't. Agree to disagree, peeps. 

No different than people like rap, hating rap, like electronic, hating electronic, etc. 

Edited by oliminator123
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Youre probably a guy who didnt get Ekeler last year and complained that he was on a bad offense only to get beat him, same with Mixon the 2nd half of the year. Agree to disagree

You're absolutely right, I didn't grab Ekeler last year lol. I had Aaron Jones and King Henry. I also didn't grab Ekeler this year, I grabbed Joshua Kelley though.

2 minutes ago, n4sa said:

You're absolutely right, I didn't grab Ekeler last year lol. I had Aaron Jones and King Henry. I also didn't grab Ekeler this year, I grabbed Joshua Kelley though.

Congrats. Lets agree to disagree, sometimes luck has a role in fantasy as well. And this year over many, injuries are playing a bigger role and allowing guys who wouldnt necessarily see volume some good opportunities to flourish. We may be talking about someone completely different by week 10

He'll be fine. Looked great out there. It was not a favorable game script and the Chargers D is legit. Not worried at all. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

No different than people like rap, hating rap, like electronic, hating electronic, etc. 

This doesn't make sense at all. It's completely different. At the end of the year everyone can easily and objectively say who the better fantasy player was. People are never going to come to the same conclusion about their taste in music. There's no conclusion to that debate, no finish line

Just now, cs3 said:

This doesn't make sense at all. It's completely different. At the end of the year everyone can easily and objectively say who the better fantasy player was. People are never going to come to the same conclusion about their taste in music. There's no conclusion to that debate, no finish line

Yes, but we're at week 2, so everyone's take is subjective. Go to the Henry thread, where the rushing leader last year is struggling to put up RB4 numbers. The end of the year versus week 2 versus week 10 are all completely different and subjective. It's all opinion, which is why you get arguments about JRob vs Hines vs Kelley. Nobody knows - it's personal preference of who potentially has the best opportunity, and why. We don't have any sort of stats to back anything up. Most fantasy players drive off of gut instinct at this point of the year (rightfully so, even more so with rookies). 

10 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

He'll be fine. Looked great out there. It was not a favorable game script and the Chargers D is legit. Not worried at all. 

Yep. Chargers dominated TOP, there were long droughts and KC could never establish the ground game. 

In all honesty, the Chargers were the better team today, the Chiefs just had Mahomes, and stole a W. 

Clyde also had a couple of nice gains called back on penalties, notably a 25 yard dart he caught from Mahomes. There will be better days. Floor game today. 

• Like 1

This is going to happen. There will be games where the run game isn’t working initially and Mahomes is an ultra elite QB who isn’t afraid to abandon it entirely. And Reid operates the same way....he’ll let Mahomes throw 50-60 times if he has to  

You can’t expect 20-25 carries a game on this team, it’s just not realistic. I think around the end of the season he will settle in that 15 carries range with some work in the passing game. And honestly that’s all he needs to be an RB1 

Edited by Klientel

15 hours ago, Klientel said:

This is going to happen. There will be games where the run game isn’t working initially and Mahomes is an ultra elite QB who isn’t afraid to abandon it entirely. And Reid operates the same way....he’ll let Mahomes throw 50-60 times if he has to  

You can’t expect 20-25 carries a game on this team, it’s just not realistic. I think around the end of the season he will settle in that 15 carries range with some work in the passing game. And honestly that’s all he needs to be an RB1 

How does the run game not work when the defense is more concerned with the pass. Makes no sense. They should run the ball more, it's not like they were down by 30 points. His usage was definitely concerning, I don't care what anyone says. 

16 hours ago, cs3 said:

Disagree. With this logic, Jonas Gray was the best running back in the NFL for two weeks in 2016 or whenever that was.  There is a qualitative and quantitative side to all this.  

No concern moving forward. He got his feet wet this week with some pass catching duties which will help Reid and Mahomes be more comfortable looking to him in the passing game. He has goal line and carries locked up for possibly the best offense in football. He is what we drafted him to be. Everyone has down games, he will be fine. No need for one game overreactions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

No concern moving forward. He got his feet wet this week with some pass catching duties which will help Reid and Mahomes be more comfortable looking to him in the passing game. He has goal line and carries locked up for possibly the best offense in football. He is what we drafted him to be. Everyone has down games, he will be fine. No need for one game overreactions.

AnguishedSelfreliantDodobird-size_restri

On 9/19/2020 at 10:43 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Cincy offense vs Chiefs offense.

😂

This aged well... didn’t want to say I told you so... but...

44 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

How does the run game not work when the defense is more concerned with the pass. Makes no sense. They should run the ball more, it's not like they were down by 30 points. His usage was definitely concerning, I don't care what anyone says. 

It does make sense. Run stopping versus Pass stopping is not a dichotomy. Some teams are just exceptional at stopping the run whether or not they are focused on stopping the pass. Think about Tampa/NO lately. They undoubtedly work towards stopping the pass in many games, but their run defense is so good that even if they're skewing towards pass, you can't run on them well.

I don't disagree with the usage concern, but he's still a rookie and this is still Mahomes team, so to me it's not a concern but an expectation.

51 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

sometimes the run game won’t be there for them. It is what it is....

And at the end of the day Mahomes is the best player on the team, and it’s a pass first team. The Chiefs feel he gives them the best chance to score, and rightfully so. If they aren’t in a clock kill mode then there is a high chance that Mahomes will dominate the touches. That’s just the nature of the team. 

He’s not going to get Derrick Henry levels of usage. Week 1 was an outlier. 

Seems a bit absurd to be questioning the usage of a rookie RB after just his second NFL game, the first in which he went 25/138. Not to mention a truncated training camp and zero preseason.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

This aged well... didn’t want to say I told you so... but...

What are you saying I told you so about? 1 week? Check back when the season is over, guru.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What are you saying I told you so about? 1 week? Check back when the season is over, guru.

That the Chargers defense wouldn’t play a factor... you’re a Bama fan right? 

You of all people should know a good defense can slow down a good offense. 

Positives:

1. He won't be facing the Chargers defense every week.

2. He's healthy. I can think of 4 other first rounders we can't say that about right now.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

That the Chargers defense wouldn’t play a factor... you’re a Bama fan right? 

You of all people should know a good defense can slow down a good offense. 

Fire up Clyde next week and every week till week 16.

38 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Seems a bit absurd to be questioning the usage of a rookie RB after just his second NFL game, the first in which he went 25/138. Not to mention a truncated training camp and zero preseason.

I have 2 rookie rbs I'd start over him at the moment. JRob and JT. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Week 1 was an outlier. 

I hate when people make claims like this after 2 games - of a fookin' rookie. Especially after a game in which KC looked like Cleveland. 

• Like 1