thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

Anyone not named Zeke or CMC has this type of floor. Might be another floor type game against the Ravens too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

Anyone not named Zeke or CMC has this type of floor. Might be another floor type game against the Ravens too.

Even CMC has this type of floor.  It doesn't happen often but the Bucs shut him down last year.    And with Mahomes and the WRs, it'll be much harder to game plan just for CEH.

As long as he's involved in the passing game, I'll be happy.

13 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Even CMC has this type of floor.  It doesn't happen often but the Bucs shut him down last year.    And with Mahomes and the WRs, it'll be much harder to game plan just for CEH.

As long as he's involved in the passing game, I'll be happy.

CMC's bad game last year was that ridiculous TNF game where, despite the fact Cam Newton couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, they only gave CMC like 15 touches. I think generally speaking his floor is the highest along with Zeke. But yea, the point basically stands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

He said something about rookie rbs. Rookie rbs are notorious for starting strong. 

Ok. I still don’t get it. What is the takeaway supposed to be as it pertains to CEH?

I can't believe the amount of handwringing about a 13 point PPR performance in an unfavorable game script. You could really see CEH's potential and Mahomes comfort in him towards the end of the game, a positive sign for the relatively few negative game scripts he may endure.

• Like 1

Darrel Williams hurt his ankle in the game. If he misses this week I’d expect extra work for CEH.

Ravens will be a tough matchup. But like any RB1, they can produce regardless of the matchups.

Perfect week for CEH to make his receiving presence known. 

The kid is smooth in space, I'd like to see them expand his receiving work, where Maholmes is at his best and use the run to complement the pass. Still early for the young'n basically going into his 3rd preseason game.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:56 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Perfect week for CEH to make his receiving presence known. 

The kid is smooth in space, I'd like to see them expand his receiving work, where Maholmes is at his best and use the run to complement the pass. Still early for the young'n basically going into his 3rd preseason game.

Yeah I see a Kamara type game here. There will be a ton of pressure on Mahomes, I expect him to dump it off early and often. Last week we saw more trust in the passing game, I expect even more of that this week.

"Patrick Mahomes has been pressured on 33% of his dropbacks in 2020. Ravens D- 45 total pressures in 2020 (T-4th)" - PFF

Edited by n4sa

What’s the game plan? At this point trying to run on the ravens looks like a waste of a play. Throw it at Humphrey and peters? Probably not the best idea. So how do the chiefs move the ball? Kelce gonna eat in the middle and getting the ball out to CEH out in space. He needs 8-10 catches for the chiefs to move the ball today. 

• Like 1

With all the pressure the ravens will put and the shiftiness of CEH, it’ll only take one hole for chunk yards.

Chubb avg 6 yards a carry, hunt averaged 5.5 totaling 132 yards combined. David Johnson got 3.1 yards but Houston and running is funny.

I am a bit concerned but if he can get 5 or more targets, I think he will return rb2 value at worst.

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

What’s the game plan? At this point trying to run on the ravens looks like a waste of a play. Throw it at Humphrey and peters? Probably not the best idea. So how do the chiefs move the ball? Kelce gonna eat in the middle and getting the ball out to CEH out in space. He needs 8-10 catches for the chiefs to move the ball today. 

Fwiw KC RBs went for 124 yards on 20 carries last season. Mahomes is 2-0 vs Lamar but both those games were at Arrowhead (with a live crowd obviously). Going to be interesting to see how much the KC offense struggles

8 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Fwiw KC RBs went for 124 yards on 20 carries last season. Mahomes is 2-0 vs Lamar but both those games were at Arrowhead (with a live crowd obviously). Going to be interesting to see how much the KC offense struggles

Ravens also added Calais Campbell and Derek Wolfe. Two tremendous run stuffers. 

2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Benched for James Robinson, Jonathan Taylor and Josh Jacobs. 

Well that's easy when you got every RB lol. 

• Like 1

Expect 10-12 carries sprinkled in to keep the LBs honest but there won’t be any room to run against Bal. Mahomes is gonna win this with his arm. Hopefully CEH can get 6-8 targets 

2 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Expect 10-12 carries sprinkled in to keep the LBs honest but there won’t be any room to run against Bal. Mahomes is gonna win this with his arm. Hopefully CEH can get 6-8 targets 

I'd be happy with 16-20 touches on this offense

Ravens pass rush is still kind of weak, Tavon Young is out for the year hurting the corner depth, and Patrick Queen has looked good so far but has yet to be tested in coverage.  Kelce will likely have a big game with the young and untested LB + S groups.  Other than that, I'm sure Chiefs will move Hill around to line him up against Averett who has getting roasted by Cooks last week.  

I'd expect CEH to be the least productive of him, Kelce, and Hill.  This game is probably going to come down to Mahomes making plays.  CEH's involvement in the passing game should dictate how well he scores.

Still performed well this week against the ravens and boring playcalling. Passing game is encouraging

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

That was a pretty sweet game. 25 touches and 134 yards

Yea, up against the Ravens he had an outstanding game. 

4 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Yea, up against the Ravens he had an outstanding game. 

It didn't feel like it either.  Maybe because I kept seeing him get stuffed for like 2 or 3 yards.  Might be the quietest 134 yard game i ever saw.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kp96 said:

It didn't feel like it either.  Maybe because I kept seeing him get stuffed for like 2 or 3 yards.  Might be the quietest 134 yard game i ever saw.

Which is a pretty good sign.

Nothing splashy, but at the end of the day productive. 

Big things in store when he puts both together.