thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

A little concerning that they were in goal to go situations and the FB, Tackle and QB put it in.  Other than that outstanding.

That ravens D line is no joke...he looked nice in the passing game though, good seeing some designed plays there.

They need to design better run plays for him. As I mentioned in the GD thread, they are running him up the gut far too often. Some misdirections, toss plays or pulls would be nice. Fantastic night without scoring. He could’ve done the same damn thing as the fb, but seeing 25 out there draws more attention than 41, and that was the plan.

• Like 2

Couldn't be happier (Okay, a big play or a TD, I could be, but still) with today's output. He was dominating snaps and touches and looked really good BOTH as a rusher and receiver. Not only is he agile and slippery but he's a tackle breaking machine and he has a lot of power with his low center of gravity and strength. All arrows pointing up after this game. The games where he's dominating in the red zone and getting ~2 TDs will be there in this offense.

• Like 1

Like what we saw this week. First week I felt like KC was scheming to throw the ball to CEH. He should be safe for 5-6ish targets a game moving forward which keeps his floor high. His upside is RB1 to me still. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really happy with his passing work, CEH did some damage with 5/70 receiving today

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

Like what we saw this week. First week I felt like KC was scheming to throw the ball to CEH. He should be safe for 5-6ish targets a game moving forward which keeps his floor high. His upside is RB1 to me still. 

IMO. I don't think he's enough of an offensive centerpiece to be the RB1 this year. But he should settle in as a middle tier RB1 and be really consistent with a nice floor and ceiling, and hopefully a really nice second half once the training wheels are off.

1 minute ago, aapox said:

IMO. I don't think he's enough of an offensive centerpiece to be the RB1 this year. But he should settle in as a middle tier RB1 and be really consistent with a nice floor and ceiling, and hopefully a really nice second half once the training wheels are off.

At this point if he stays healthy. There are too many injuries for him not to be top 5 or so. His range will be around 3-6 overall with running backs I would think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aapox said:

That is fair. Only guys I would take over him at RB would be Kamara for sure and maybe Zeke and AJones. We have yet to see the blowup games for CEH, but they are coming. In PPR redraft today, I would take him 2nd after Kamara I believe.

• Like 1

I also think we'll see some really big rushing games from him when they play some pretty bad teams/defenses and can run it on them in the second half. TDs should hopefully come with that too...I wish they trusted him more to pound the ball when they get close, but it's hard when you have to compete for scoring opportunities with Mahomes.

• Like 1

Eeeeeeeelaire

That is all the takeaway I have after this game. Other than that, pretty much as expected. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, he looks hard to bring down.  5'7" and can squat 600 lbs (which is crazy btw).  Think about how much power he has in that condensed mass and the low center of gravity.  He has so much leverage on a taller defender, and the smaller DB's can't match his power.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Now if we could just get some touchdowns please 

agreed. 

BUT -

he hasn't had a blowup game yet, only has one TD ...

still averages 16+ per in ppr thus far - as a "floor" average, that's as good as any rb could hope for 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

3 of the top 4 I was bullish on in the off-season 👀

... you needed more Chubb 😁

• Haha 2

In my league we have to start 3 Rbs, so this is rough news.  How many are just going to leave him in and roll the dice hoping the game gets played?  It's either that, or sub in for like Swift, yikes.  

9 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

In my league we have to start 3 Rbs, so this is rough news.  How many are just going to leave him in and roll the dice hoping the game gets played?  It's either that, or sub in for like Swift, yikes.  

I will sadly sub him out for David Johnson.  Too much doubt this game will be played this week.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Im rolling the dice 

Edited by affliction

14 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

It depends.  Do you have anyone half decent?  Just remember that they could reschedule to Monday night but if either team has a positive Minday morning, that game is done.  So you're taking a huge risk.  If you are a big underdog or have nothing rb5's on your bench, then fine but hes out of every lineup I have this week.  Sucks.

14 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Im waiting until the 4PM games to make a call, hopefully we know more then.

It’s between him and pascal for me, that colts game got moved to 4pm thankfully so I’ll have a little extra time to see what happens.