thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Move him to the flex and maneuver a Packers or Falcons player to be on your bench.

Maybe MVS/B Hill/Gage?

If you need to pick up one of these guys and you stream kickers. Drop your kicker...pick up a Falcons/ Pack player.

Frye from Atalanta is available in all leagues and can be picked up if needed on Monday.

This moving of games is playing out exactly like the Titans game...I would expect with as load mouthed and social that Cam is, others will be infected and the game will move off of week 4.

Edited by mar1kle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Move him to the flex and maneuver a Packers or Falcons player to be on your bench.

Maybe MVS/B Hill/Gage?

If you need to pick up one of these guys and you stream kickers. Drop your kicker...pick up a Falcons/ Pack player.

Frye from Atalanta is available in all leagues and can be picked up if needed on Monday.

This moving of games is playing out exactly like the Titans game...I would expect with as load mouthed and social that Cam is, others will be infected and the game will move off of week 4.

I didn't think of using a gb or atl player as backup.  Smart.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mar1kle said:

Maybe MVS/B Hill/Gage?

Great idea, I moved CEH to Flex and picked up MVS off waivers.

Worst case scenario I have a high ceiling play to fall back on.

Lazard is out, Adams Questionable, playing the Falcons.

The situation blows but what can you do. 

But for everyone out there ... plan accordingly to have a substitute, just incase. 

Edited by RunCMC

5 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

It’s between him and pascal for me, that colts game got moved to 4pm thankfully so I’ll have a little extra time to see what happens. 

That's my plan. I have CEH in the flex right now and keeping Robert Woods in the afternoon game slate as my backup plan. If we don't hear of anything negative for the Chiefs/Pats outlook by then, I probably just roll the dice and keep CEH in. You can also use this plan to see how the first games go...if it looks like you're doing well compared to your opponent then go with your safer backup plan. If it's looking like you need to make up a lot of ground after the first games, then it's probably worth rolling the dice and keeping CEH in.

53 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

That's my plan. I have CEH in the flex right now and keeping Robert Woods in the afternoon game slate as my backup plan. If we don't hear of anything negative for the Chiefs/Pats outlook by then, I probably just roll the dice and keep CEH in. You can also use this plan to see how the first games go...if it looks like you're doing well compared to your opponent then go with your safer backup plan. If it's looking like you need to make up a lot of ground after the first games, then it's probably worth rolling the dice and keeping CEH in.

NFL just said they could decide what to do about the game as late as Monday night or Tuesday morning. At this point I’m rolling out pascal. It’s to hard to take a donut. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

NFL just said they could decide what to do about the game as late as Monday night or Tuesday morning. At this point I’m rolling out pascal. It’s to hard to take a donut. 

Can’t be Tuesday morning, if indeed they play that day.

Theres logistics involved, traveling, etc

I could be wrong.

My best guess is Monday by noon there will be a decision. Test results should come in as well.

Maybe do additional testing tomorrow + Monday. Get those results in Tuesday AM hopefully. 

From there if no one tests positive, the game can go on as scheduled.

Or canceled.

The incubation period can last up to 4-5 days even, so the above plan mitigates those risks as best possible. imho

What a clusterfack of a year.

As if all these injuries weren’t bad enough ... a quarter into the season.

Now gotta deal with covid players & postponed games. 

Ehhh, but I digress.

Edited by RunCMC

I was "fortunate" enough to snag Jamaal Williams for Monday - I don't have the RB depth to flex CEH. 

I could play Gaskin but I'm holding out for Pats/Chiefs playing. No way we don't know before MNF what's going on w/Chiefs/Pats. Best case we know before 10AM PDT.

I don't see that happening unfortunately. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I was "fortunate" enough to snag Jamaal Williams for Monday - I don't have the RB depth to flex CEH. 

I could play Gaskin but I'm holding out for Pats/Chiefs playing. No way we don't know before MNF what's going on w/Chiefs/Pats. Best case we know before 10AM PDT.

I don't see that happening unfortunately. 

Idk the nfl has been fumbling (no pun intended) covid planning so far. I hope we know before the Sunday games

4 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

I hope we know before the Sunday games

That would be the least they can do. If not for fantasy I imagine gambling interests will be squeezing just a bit on that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Idk the nfl has been fumbling (no pun intended) covid planning so far. I hope we know before the Sunday games

The main issue is there's no way of knowing if anyone else will test positive or not after tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is only the first of several hoops that we have to get through before the game can be played. Negative tests will better the odds, but once Sunday games kick off you just have to gamble a bit and make the call if you think anything else will happen between then and Tuesday night.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

THings starting to shape up nicely for a Monday night game. 

Think you play him.. 

I'm starting him. I do have someone from the Falcons/Packers game as a backup. If you don't have a Falcons/Packers player, it's a little dicier. They're going to retest everyone tomorrow, and based on that we'll know if the game is on or off.....so unfortunately you miss all the chances to start Sunday players. If you're rolling with CEH and you don't have a Falcon/Packer...maybe see if Gage (most likely not), Brian Hill, MVS, Lazard are available as a backup. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Try to throw him in the flex and grab an alternate from the Falcons/Packers game. Good options may be Tonyan, MVS, or even Jamaal Williams from packers. Maybe Gage or Brian Hill is available or if not, with the questionable tags although i expect them to play for Julio and Ridley, maybe a deep flier on someone like Olamide Zaccheus to avoid getting the donut if CEH does not play. 

Edited by MMLSU
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MurderInc said:

I'm starting him. I do have someone from the Falcons/Packers game as a backup. If you don't have a Falcons/Packers player, it's a little dicier. They're going to retest everyone tomorrow, and based on that we'll know if the game is on or off.....so unfortunately you miss all the chances to start Sunday players. If you're rolling with CEH and you don't have a Falcon/Packer...maybe see if Gage (most likely not), Brian Hill, MVS, Lazard are available as a backup. 

Lazard is on IR, just a heads up.

1 minute ago, MyFistYourFace said:

NFL confirmed game Monday at 7:05pm ET. 

It’s only confirmed pending negative testing on Monday. If anyone tests positive it’s cancelled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

It’s only confirmed pending negative testing on Monday. If anyone tests positive it’s cancelled.

This. If you're rolling with CEH, you must have someone from the Falcons/Packers. We don't know if the Chiefs/Pats game is getting cancelled until tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

[...] The news seems to suggest that the game is on but if it only takes one positive test (with false positives having shown up already) it's gonna be hard to gamble. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I’m rolling him out there, the dudes I would play instead are likely to get me sub 10 points regardless. 

Luckily my league we decided to allow if you ask before the 12pm game just can’t go back. He is going through the roof tomorrow... Patriots are going to try and stop kelce and hill and good ole CEH is gonna get his.

• Like 3