thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

This feel like a CEH blowup game to anyone else? Pats will do whatever they can to slow mahomes down including letting CEH be the one to beat them imo.  That, plus their run D is mediocre and CEH feels due for a blow up.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

This feel like a CEH blowup game to anyone else? Pats will do whatever they can to slow mahomes down including letting CEH be the one to beat them imo.  That, plus their run D is mediocre and CEH feels due for a blow up.     

I need this badly so I’m hoping it happens tonight.

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Been saying this all year. Gotta be right sooner or later right?

2 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

This makes the most sense ... Which is exactly why it won't happen lol. 

I kid I kid.

Tyreek Hill should get the Gilmore treatment all game. 

Kelce I'm exactly sure what kind of defensive looks Bill will throw at him.

Logic here says looking like a big ground and pound game. 

This seems like a game for Helaire to do really well. We all know what Belichick does by now. He takes out your best weapon period and makes you beat him with your 2nd or 3rd weapons. He will double down Kelce, and shadow Hill as well with a 2nd defender. Helaire should have a lot of free space tonight. Hopefully he can capitalize. 

• Like 1

CEH by the book ...

o/u 70.5 rush yds:

-115 either way

o/u 4.5 receptions:

-175u, +130o

o/u 28.5 rec yds:

-165o, +110u

-150 to score TD (favorite of the entire game pool, Kelce next at -125)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

MEH

MEH is hilarious. 

Having said that, I would expect multiple TDs against Vegas. And that Pats d is no joke. 

Edited by Gandalfthecat
  • Like 1

The Chiefs just seem to be a bad run blocking team.  There is rarely space for CEH do do anything with the ball.  Just a lot of 2-5 yards in a pile of bodies.  This guy may just not do much this year.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

MEH is hilarious. 

Having said that, I would expect multiple TDs against Vegas. And that Pats d is no joke. 

I’m still really happy with CEH. He’s getting majority usage and touches. More involved in the passing game. Looks great. The TDs will come. Not every play inside the five is going to be a gimmick lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aapox said:

I’m still really happy with CEH. He’s getting majority usage and touches. More involved in the passing game. Looks great. The TDs will come. Not every play inside the five is going to be a gimmick lol

Not every play... but the majority? We’re a quarter into the season, and since they were repeatedly stuffed running at the goal line in week 1 they really haven’t gone back to it.  Pretty concerning from where I’m standing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, aapox said:

Not returning first rd value yet.   Let's hope you're right, and maybe the TDs will come in bunches this year.

• Like 1

While he hasn’t been the gamebreaker I was hoping for, he hasn’t been that bad either. Double digits every weeks. Steady to say the least. Hopefully he has a couple of blow up games on the horizon. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

The Chiefs just seem to be a bad run blocking team.  There is rarely space for CEH do do anything with the ball.  Just a lot of 2-5 yards in a pile of bodies.  This guy may just not do much this year.  

Couldn’t agree more. Seems like every time he gets a carry it’s directly into a pile of bodies. Is it simply a matter of being an o-line that focuses on pass pro vs run blocking? They just don’t seem to open any lanes.  

I legit am not concerned at all. The TDs will come. He's quick. He's talented. He's got great hands and on a great team. Imagine drafting Kenyan Drake?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Chargers, Ravens, and Pats arent easy matchups especially on the ground. Its not like he's failing to produce against the Lions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Love it, despite being a MEH owner.

In it for the long haul in dynasty.

The touchdown upside has been nonexistent, and I think that's what we were counting on, in addition to more creative use in the passing game. So many of his routes are predictable, short, and easily nullified because Mahomes' tendency is to keep his eyes downfield anyway.

He's a good player. And a good piece for this team.

For FF, it will come together, but it was probably foolish of any of us to think of him as a centerpiece when there are so many all-galaxy studs around him, and he's a rook.

So for now...

MEH

the longer the season wears on, the longer i think it becomes evident that JJ Watt roooned this kid's season on opening night. 

oh, don't get me wrong ... he'll still certainly finish as an rb1, simply by attrition - workhorse back on this offense can't help but to ascend like that.

and i do believe he's extremely talented, to boot ... he's not a bust as a player - he'll be more valuable to the Chiefs in real foosball than he will be to us. 

6 tries from inside the 5 on opening night.  stuffed each time. Watt was beastly. 

definitely shook KoolAid's faith in him, and it had to eff with the kid's psyche, as well. 

those goal line stuffs prevented him from having a highly potent debut ... and i think it has laid the groundwork for how they are deploying him now ... he got zero looks down close tonight. 

this is the 'Homie show ... Clyde will sprinkle in enough dazzle and brilliance to make things interesting, and to keep defenses honest - again, more valuable in real life, in that respect. 

... but - JJWatt, man ...

CEH converts at least one of those and i think we see a different mindset from KoolAid & co. 

we have a surefire rb1, no question ... but those opening night stuffs have taken the shine off this kid reaching that super elite rb1 tier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Chargers, Ravens, and Pats arent easy matchups especially on the ground. Its not like he's failing to produce against the Lions.

They’re not perhaps and we’ll see as the season unfolds.  

But we should consider the very real possibility that the legendary Andy Reid RB production may have died when Mahomes lined up under center.

This is the problem, theres too many options to get the Ws. He is a RB1, but top 5? No. Not until the TDs come, its almost like the big upside in this offense is limiting him

6 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

They’re not perhaps and we’ll see as the season unfolds.  

But we should consider the very real possibility that the legendary Andy Reid RB production may have died when Mahomes lined up under center.

What about Hunt?? Honestly the stats will be fine.  He just doesn't have goaline size or wiggle(don't have to be a big back if you can get small) at this point.  His time will come probably at end of the year.  Everybody always compared him to Westbrook.  But those teams westy was the top option.  On this team CEH is three or four.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

What about Hunt?? Honestly the stats will be fine.  He just doesn't have goaline size or wiggle(don't have to be a big back if you can get small) at this point.  His time will come probably at end of the year.  Everybody always compared him to Westbrook.  But those teams westy was the top option.  On this team CEH is three or four.

Hunts big year came with Alex Smith.