Rotoworld.com Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Hunts big year came with Alex Smith.

Hunt was a top 5 back and actuallty getting better as season went on(plus Williams was a top 4 rb through playoffs replacing hunt).  I know I had hunt and lost to team that get 30 plus from williams.

10 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

They’re not perhaps and we’ll see as the season unfolds.  

But we should consider the very real possibility that the legendary Andy Reid RB production may have died when Mahomes lined up under center.

CEH is still on pace for 1732 yards which is still great for a rookie. Does he have 15 TD potential like we all thought? Probably not this year but the TD positive regression will come.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I legit am not concerned at all. The TDs will come. He's quick. He's talented. He's got great hands and on a great team. Imagine drafting Kenyan Drake?

nobody took drake over kamara and cook...

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

He’ll be totally fine. I’m not worried for a second. Usage is there which is all that matters with the receptions.

no one here is calling him a bust ... of course he'll be "fine", we all agree on that. 

but we want finer - nature of this gig, we're greedy bastids 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

He’ll be totally fine. I’m not worried for a second. Usage is there which is all that matters with the receptions.

I like the optimism and hope you’re right.  I’ve been along this line of thinking but it’s hard to dismiss the trend at this point

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Nobody should have taken CEH over Kamara. Cook is understandable given how fragile he is.

People did with how the Kamara contract was working out if you drafted early and the upside of this kid on the best offense in football, and Kamara got a shot in his back that had ppl concerned. Its not far fetched, but youre right

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

Nobody should have taken CEH over Kamara. Cook is understandable given how fragile he is.

the earlier drafters may have done so due to both AK and Cook having uncertain contract issues, and double whammy on AK for the epidural shots ... not saying it was the right or wrong call for those drafters at that time, but, putting it in that context explains it a tad better. 

I mean this is fantasy football, nobody has a crystal ball. A lot of Kamara's production you can attribute to the Michael Thomas injury. His receptions get cut by at least 1/3 if MT is playing. He's still probably the fantasy rb1 with MT, but these 40 point games are an anomaly you can attribute to the lack of options for Brees right now. Unpredictable stuff.

Edited by harck
  • Like 3

The only concern I have is the lack of creative play calling for him. A lot of hard I plays into a pile of dust. How are they not creating cut back plays, wheel routes and misdirections for him? Makes no sense to me. However the good news is most of the yards he gets is absolutely on his own. No help of his o-line and for damn sure no help with the play calling. I’m trying to buy him. He’s too good to waste away with generic plays. I think Reid will hopefully take the cuffs off soon. Otherwise what a waste of talent, even if he is the 3/4 option. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, leroy712 said:

The only concern I have is the lack of creative play calling for him. A lot of hard I plays into a pile of dust. How are they not creating cut back plays, wheel routes and misdirections for him? Makes no sense to me. However the good news is most of the yards he gets is absolutely on his own. No help of his o-line and for damn sure no help with the play calling. I’m trying to buy him. He’s too good to waste away with generic plays. I think Reid will hopefully take the cuffs off soon. Otherwise what a waste of talent, even if he is the 3/4 option. 

Thats the problem. Him being the role he is now, and they are still 4-0. The creativity comes for the olympic sprinters on either side of the field, not for the guy who can create for himself

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, leroy712 said:

This is much of the problem as well.  Are they just handcuffing him or has he indicated to the staff he can’t grasp the more elaborate stuff.  None of they other RB’s are getting anything creative either so it has to be the former.  Which takes me back to Mahomes.  It’s his world on CEH is just living in it.

I never fell for the Hype, there was no way I was gonna even consider taking him over Kamara, Zeke, Cook, Henry, Aaron Jones etc.. I don’t see how his expectations and draft rank was so high playing on a team with Mahomes... did people think they were just gonna go away from Mahomes and make a Rookie RB the centerpiece Orrrr was the expectation they would score 70 points a Game or somethin... I don’t get it 

he looks like a helluva player don’t get me wrong, but the Hype train was a lil too much

Edited by jharv2k1
4 minutes ago, jharv2k1 said:

I never fell for the Hype, there was no way I was gonna even consider taking him over Kamara, Zeke, Cook, Henry, Aaron Jones etc.. I don’t see how his expectations and draft rank was so high playing on a team with Mahomes... did people think they were just gonna go away from Mahomes and make a Rookie RB the centerpiece Orrrr was the expectation they would score 70 points a Game or somethin... I don’t get it 

Very few people took him above those listed besides maybe Cook and Jones. 

Look at 2018 Kareem Hunt pre getting cut....

High octane offense. Positive game script for RBs. Pretty easy to see the hype. 

Still on pace for 1700+ total yards...

TDs will come. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

Just like some are saying the TDs will come. His floor is about as safe as can be. We’re just lacking the TDs which again will come. He’s a rookie and his usage is what I like the most. There’s going to be better game scripts, easier matchups and he should get better as the season goes on. Some are saying RB2 but I can’t name 10 other RBs I would rather have over him. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 3

Lol. Too many of y’all need to stop acting like the first 4 games are absolutely predictive of the rest of the season. Especially for a rookie. 

Every year I do my biggest review/look forward after week 4, because now we have a decent sample size and something substantial to look at. But that doesn’t mean what’s happened is what is going to continue to happen. 

Meh blocking? Yes. Lack of creative play calls? Not entirely imo, but valid point. Not the centerpiece of the offense? Agreed, of course. 

Still, he’s a clear RB1 and the lead guy on the best offense in football. The big games will come. I know it’s hard to look at guys like Dalvin right now and be bummed, but if we want to be overly predictive off the past when you need Dalvin he’ll be hurt and this guy will be getting it done. 

At the end of the day I think it’s just a difference in expectations. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

Just like some are saying the TDs will come. His floor is about as safe as can be. We’re just lacking the TDs which again will come. He’s a rookie and his usage is what I like the most. There’s going to be better game scripts, easier matchups and he should get better as the season goes on. Some are saying RB2 but I can’t name 10 other RBs I would rather have over him. 

The TD's will come no doubt.

Definitely not time to panic yet .. at least the usage is there. 

Outside of Week1 against Houston,  they've played some solid defenses: @LAC, @BAL , NE 

Color me concerned if the kid doesn't blow up next week vs the Raiders. 

5 hours ago, RunCMC said:

The TD's will come no doubt.

Definitely not time to panic yet .. at least the usage is there. 

Outside of Week1 against Houston,  they've played some solid defenses: @LAC, @BAL , NE 

Color me concerned if the kid doesn't blow up next week vs the Raiders. 

yo, C ... i don't see much panic in here at all ... just some rationale about what disturbing trends we're noticing. 

think we all know we have a very steady rb1 on our hands, no denying that. 

but, tbh, the lack of TDs is now looking like it's more by design rather than (bad) luck.

since the great Watt stuffing of week one, i think the kid has had one look down close (inside the 5)? and that was an errant 'Homie toss, not a carry ... when we see dialed up monkey shines for the likes of Fisher and Sherman, instead of our boy here, well ... that's a tell, mah man. 

even last night ... 'Reek & Hardman inside the 5 - no totes for the rook. 

i'm sure he'll finish in the 8-10 TD range if we get the full 16 in - but i got a feeling we'd be looking at 3 or 4 right now had he punched one in through the great wall of Watt. 

yes, vs the Raiderz has all the makings of the get well elixir his TD deficiency is thirsting for.

but i'd like to see some carries down close ... counting on 20+ yd scampers ain't gonna cut it. 

• Like 1