thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

Not many goal line opportunities since week one.  He got stuffed a couple times that game and I think the coaching staff felt he lacked the size and strength to be a goal line back.  

I love the talent and the use between the 20 yard lines is outstanding.  But the coaching staff’s lack of confidence in him in scoring situations is troubling.  

[ AC post removed.  Questions about trade value in your league need to be asked in the AC forum. ]

• Haha 2

I thought he'd outperform his ADP, but that just hasn't come to fruition yet. He's still pretty solid though just not not RB1 production right now. You have to think the defenses they've faced play a large part in his slow start.

44 minutes ago, NeverEnough- said:

Is it time to sell in dynasty?

srsly?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, NeverEnough- said:

LOL sell to me please

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NeverEnough- said:

That’s waaaayyy too early for that lol

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Not many goal line opportunities since week one.  He got stuffed a couple times that game and I think the coaching staff felt he lacked the size and strength to be a goal line back.  

I love the talent and the use between the 20 yard lines is outstanding.  But the coaching staff’s lack of confidence in him in scoring situations is troubling.  

Disagree. Chiefs were too obvious there, everyone knew they were going to run it to run the clock out. Reid gets creative at the goaline, which will hopefully open up the running game in the future. Teams will have to respect the short passing game in the redzone so they won't sell out to stop the run. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Like 1

The touchdowns will come, I don't understand what people are complaining about. He's on pace for 1,732 yards from scrimmage, which would have been 5th in the league last year. 

• Like 2

I'd be trying to buy this guy low anywhere his owner might be down on him. The TDs will come. He's still the 3-down back on the best offense in the league. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

The touchdowns will come, I don't understand what people are complaining about. He's on pace for 1,732 yards from scrimmage, which would have been 5th in the league last year. 

Touchdowns are worth 6 fantasy points.  CEH hasn’t got many.  That’s what people are complaining about.  Not sure what is tricky to understand.  

35 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Touchdowns are worth 6 fantasy points.  CEH hasn’t got many.  That’s what people are complaining about.  Not sure what is tricky to understand.  

ha. usage and offense pt totals is all that matters.

td hard to predict alot of variables. see mixon this week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ha. usage and offense pt totals is all that matters.

td hard to predict alot of variables. see mixon this week.

Usage is my concern.  His usage in the middle of the field is great.  But they don’t seem to trust him to pound the rock inside the ten.

And I get the whole KC is different, Andy Reid is a mad scientist ya da ya da.  But the reality is CEH isn’t getting the touches in scoring situations folks who drafted him hoped for.  At least not yet

1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

again, i don't see complaining or panicking anywhere in here. 

i see some owners discussing his obvious shortcoming thru this first third of the magick foosball season - he has not been called on down at the gl since the Watt stuffs in week one. 

full.  stop.  end.  of.  story.

this is his player outlook, and we are the cats who drafted him ... pointing out these issues is not 'complaining', it's 'discussion'.

should we take it to Orleans Darkwa thread? 

should we all put our heads in the sand about Reid NOT calling on him ONCE since week one?

i don't understand how bringing this to light is somehow construed as 'complaining'  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

again, i don't see complaining or panicking anywhere in here. 

i see some owners discussing his obvious shortcoming thru this first third of the magick foosball season - he has not been called on down at the gl since the Watt stuffs in week one. 

full.  stop.  end.  of.  story.

this is his player outlook, and we are the cats who drafted him ... pointing out these issues is not 'complaining', it's 'discussion'.

should we take it to Orleans Darkwa thread? 

should we all put our heads in the sand about Reid NOT calling on him ONCE since week one?

i don't understand how bringing this to light is somehow construed as 'complaining'  

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the type of discussion you outlined above. But I can see his point when people are asking, "Is it time to sell him in Dynasty?" Like, career-wise, he's still in diapers. It's not like he is shitting the bed. Those are the types that attract the STOP COMPLAINING posts. 

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the type of discussion you outlined above. But I can see his point when people are asking, "Is it time to sell him in Dynasty?" Like, career-wise, he's still in diapers. It's not like he is shitting the bed. Those are the types that attract the STOP COMPLAINING posts. 

any trade talk should be weeded out by the mods ... but, yes - i agree with that aspect of your post ... i just chose to ignore the ridiculousness of a dynasty duck quacking away. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

spacer.png

😂😂😂😂😂😂  that is Funny lol

Edited by jharv2k1

Complaining, pessimism, panicking, whatever you want to call it. I don't believe I ever said folks shouldn't be discussing him... nevertheless looking to sell because he only has one TD is an overreaction. 

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

Complaining, pessimism, panicking, whatever you want to call it. I don't believe I ever said folks shouldn't be discussing him... nevertheless looking to sell because he only has one TD is an overreaction. 

that was ONE dynasty schnook who said that. 

it's actually been refreshingly level headed in here, that foolishness notwithstanding.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

that was ONE dynasty schnook who said that. 

it's actually been refreshingly level headed in here, that foolishness notwithstanding.

Well good. Glad everyone but one schnook is on the same page.

What does everyone think of his trade value in redraft? How do we compare his against a guy like Jacobs? I dont really want to trade him before this raiders game but I don't want to pass up on a good offer too if I can upgrade some other areas of my team and add a little depth

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

What does everyone think of his trade value in redraft? How do we compare his against a guy like Jacobs? I dont really want to trade him before this raiders game but I don't want to pass up on a good offer too if I can upgrade some other areas of my team and add a little depth

I’d hold tight, better days ahead.

But if your adamant about moving him .. wait for a blow up game or 2.

His stock is currently at an all time low. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Disagree. Chiefs were too obvious there, everyone knew they were going to run it to run the clock out. Reid gets creative at the goaline, which will hopefully open up the running game in the future. Teams will have to respect the short passing game in the redzone so they won't sell out to stop the run. 

Everyone already knows this about Reid.  But next time - next time Andy Reid gets creative it will open up the run!  Honestly, the run probably is there, but they can pretty much score however they want to. It’d be nice to see CEH get the type of usage that Damien Williams got in the playoffs last year. He might not get it this year though. His lack of TDs is not a statistical fluke that will automatically correct itself - he isn’t getting the touches there.

• Like 1

A quarter of the way through the season, CEH is averaging 21.25 touches per game. Over the course of a full season, that equates to 340 touches. Three. Hundred. And. Forty. Touches. On the best offense in the NFL with the best QB in the world under center. He’s on pace for 56 receptions (to go with 284 carries) despite not catching a pass in week one. Rookie RB who had no preseason games and an abbreviated training camp due to the pandemic and is still on pace for 340 touches. He’s only going to get better and more familiar with this offense as the year goes on. That can only make the rest of those 340 touches he’s on pace for even more valuable and efficient further down the road.

Did I mention that he’s on pace for 340 touches this year? Just checking.

• Like 3