thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

22 hours ago, devaster said:

NEXT KAMARA

There it is.  👏👏👏

Jake Ciely's updated "way too early draft rankings" has CEH at the RB6, behind only CMac, Barkley, Zeke, Cook and Kamara.

Holy poop.  Late first rounder, off the board before Henry?

I am profoundly out at that price.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Jake Ciely's updated "way too early draft rankings" has CEH at the RB6, behind only CMac, Barkley, Zeke, Cook and Kamara.

Ridiculous indeed.   
Rookie fever.    It usually abates by preseason when these analyst nits realize veterans dont just disappear.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I’m a big CEH fan, and...no. Just no. 

• Like 2

Absolutely no chance that ADP holds.

Keeper leagues and dynasty sure he can go in the 1st round, but anything before round 4 is probably going to be an over reach. His adp is 30, with an average deviation of 12. That is a lot of uncertainty. Got it this was Pats request, but as long as he can't show what he is fully capable, Reid is going to trust Dwill. 

Just now, dontclapGonorrhea said:

but anything before round 4 is probably going to be an over reach.

I feel like this is likely.

I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and say that he will be gone in an overwhelming majority of redraft leagues before round 4.

My best chance to be a CEH owner in redrafts this season will probably be on a buy low attempt if DWill gets a majority of touches out of the gate and someone gets dispirited.

32 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I feel like this is likely.

I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and say that he will be gone in an overwhelming majority of redraft leagues before round 4.

My best chance to be a CEH owner in redrafts this season will probably be on a buy low attempt if DWill gets a majority of touches out of the gate and someone gets dispirited.

I very much doubt that , gone before the 4th round no way . Would love to play in those leagues. His current ADP is around 90-100 Overall . This is from fantasy pros & fantasy football calculator . Yes I know its very early , and he will definitely rise in the coming months. Realistically I see him settling in rounds 5-6 . We have 2 KC homers in our yahoo big money league , and even they wouldn’t touch him at the earliest 4th round.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

His current ADP is around 90-100 Overall . This is from fantasy pros & fantasy football calculator .

Not sure on the date ranges on that, is it pulling composite data before he was drafted?

If you look at the expert rankings on FantasyPros they've got him at #29 overall in PPR.  Half at 22 and standard at 19.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ppr-cheatsheets.php?filters=84da28c006

90-100 is looking like a pipe dream come August.  Jake Ciely, one of the more accurate guys in the biz and a sometimes trendsetter had him #8 overall in his rankings yesterday

Edited by JE7HorseGod

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Not sure on the date ranges on that, is it pulling composite data before he was drafted?

If you look at the expert rankings on FantasyPros they've got him at #29 overall in PPR.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ppr-cheatsheets.php?filters=84da28c006

90-100 is looking like a pipe dream come August.  Jake Ciely, one of the more accurate guys in the biz and a sometimes trendsetter had him #8 overall in his rankings yesterday

Won’t let me open the link . Im talking specifically ADP, not Rankings . Come September I see him anywhere from #40-60 in real drafts. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/clyde-edwards-helaire.php

Edited by RunCMC

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Won’t let me open the link . Im talking specifically ADP, not Rankings . Come September I see him anywhere from #40-60 in real drafts. 

A lot of times the expert rankings are a leading indicator for the ADP, which looks like in your link was based in data before he got drafted by the Chiefs on Thursday night and his stock went bonkers.

Just go to the Fantasy Pros expert rankings and check it out.  The Yahoo folks (who yahoo usually uses to build their predraft ranks) have him at 20, 34, 7 (!), 22, and 27 respectively.

Long time to go, lot can change.  But right now?  I would expect him to go somewhere before pick 36 in most of the leagues I'll play in.  Which makes it a no go for me.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

A lot of times the expert rankings are a leading indicator for the ADP.

Just go to the Fantasy Pros expert rankings and check it out.  The Yahoo folks (who yahoo usually uses to build their predraft ranks) have him at 20, 34, 7 (!), 22, and 27 respectively.

Long time to go, lot can change.  But right now?  I would expect him to go somewhere before pick 36 in most of the leagues I'll play in.  Which makes it a no go for me.

Thats not how ADP works my man . It’s exactly what it means average draft position , from mock drafts that have been happening. Granted theres alot of Bots rn mixed in with actual people , but the closer to Aug/Sept we get the better the data will be. When most the mock drafts are done by real folks. Not saying you , but in general, anyone who just uses a Top100 rankings to do a draft , is a major rookie. But we’re just arguing semantics now. Definitely in agreement here, not touching him until the 4th at the earliest.  

Just now, RunCMC said:

Thats not how ADP works my man . It’s exactly what it means average draft position , from mock drafts that have been happening. Granted theres alot of Bots rn mixed in with actual people , but the closer to Aug/Sept we get the better the data will be. When most the mock drafts are done by real folks. Not saying you , but in general, anyone who just uses a Top100 rankings to do a draft , is a major rookie. But we’re just arguing semantics now. Definitely in agreement here, not touching him until the 4th at the earliest.  

LOL.

Ok, how about this, if CEH's ADP data specifically in the month of August suggests he is being drafted before pick 36 on average, you have to put somewhere in your signature that John Elway is the GOAT, and likewise if he is below 36 I'll put the same in mine for CMac.

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

LOL.

Ok, how about this, if CEH's ADP data specifically in the month of August suggests he is being drafted before pick 36 on average, you have to put somewhere in your signature that John Elway is the GOAT, and likewise if he is below 36 I'll put the same in mine for CMac.

Haha alright brodie but pick#40 😎 basically a standard 10 teamer 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, RunCMC said:

Haha alright brodie but pick#40 😎 basically a standard 10 teamer 

LOL that's 5th round then!  I thought I was being charitable with the 12 team assumption!  :)

But sure, bet.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

LOL that's 5th round then!

Ohh yeah before 4th right , ok that’s fine . Your’e prolly betting on the winner though, I have no faith in the general public. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RunCMC said:

Ohh yeah before 4th right , ok that’s fine . Your’e prolly betting on the winner though, I have no faith in the general public. 

Alright, we'll leave it at 36, I won't ask for the additional 4 picks, because yes, I have the "wisdom" of the crowd on my side.

• Like 1

Went 27th overall in my 1st best ball draft of the year to Jules Mclean. spacer.png

2nd best ball is underway.

At the NFFC 2 drafts have been completed since Friday, Helaire was chosen on Thursday and he went 23rd and 26th.

RedRyder

Posted (edited)

These are quotes about Clyde-Edwards-Helaire from coaches, players, and GMs...

“A lot of respect for him. He’s a different dude. For us, just watching them, he’s the heart and soul of their offense.” - Brent Venables, DC Clemson

“Clyde’s special. Defenses have tried to put linebackers on him, and they can’t cover him. Others have brought a free safety down, and can’t cover him. He’s a weapon that they have to pay attention to. He’s a difference-maker.” - Steve Ensminger, OC LSU

“Listening to what I hear from other coaches, he’s the hardest guy to game-plan because he’s a receiver in the backfield, but he’s also a great running back.” - Ed Orgeron, HC LSU

“Nothing’s too hard for him.” - Ed Orgeron, HC LSU

“Clyde was my best friend on the team. We spent a lot of time together and became really, really close...He is going to play a long time [in the NFL]. He’s so good and he’s one of the best guys I’ve been around.” - Joe Burrow, QB Bengals

“He’s a monster. He’s a total package for a running back.” - Tanner Muse, S Clemson

“I think he’s a special back. He’s the prototypical running back size, speed, agility, balance. He’s able to catch the ball coming out of the backfield. He had a huge year at LSU. I admire his game.” - Mark Ingram, RB Ravens

”He reminds me of myself. He has a long, promising future ahead of him. I’m rooting for him.” - Mark Ingram, RB Ravens

”Clyde.” - Patrick Mahomes, QB Chiefs

“This is a great story. Reid and Veach reached out to Patrick Mahomes before the draft. They said, ‘Patrick, when you study this, who is the one guy you’d like to see us take?’ He said, ‘Coach, the one guy that I think would be unbelievable in our offense would be Clyde Edwards-Helaire.’” - Adam Schefter, Sagittarius

“He is a great kid and such a special football player. We’re excited to put him in this offense and cut him loose.” - Andy Reid, HC Chiefs

“His strengths are his ability to run the zone scheme and the gap scheme that they did at LSU. He has a unique ability to push the line of scrimmage in the run game and make his lateral cut and then accelerate up the field. I’d tell you that’s kind of what separated him from the other guys. He’s got a real knack for that. In the pass game, as many times as you get single coverage with linebackers on the backside, it gives you some nice matchups potentially. His ability run routes and catch passes are all pluses.” - Andy Reid, HC Chiefs

”He is better than Brian Westbrook.” - Andy Reid, HC Chiefs

”Coach Reid said he is better than Westbrook.” - Brett Veach, GM Chiefs

“This was an easy one - I mean everybody loved this guy. It was one of those things from the moment you put him on...and you’re like ‘Wow.’ It was like that from me to all of my personnel guys who watched him, to our coaches. It was really a joint effort in that we all, as soon as we watched him on tape, fell in love with him.” - Brett Veach, GM Chiefs

“All of a sudden you get a guy like Clyde Edwards-Helaire and second-and-8s now become second-and-2s and 3s. I don’t know how you can defend that.” - Brett Veach, GM Chiefs

“I feel like everything I do is something that can’t be matched.” - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, himself

“Whatever you need me to do, I’m there - no matter the situation, in life or in football.” - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, himself

“Throw your heart across the line and your body will follow. I live by that motto, and it happens.” - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, himself

Honestly, I think CEH should opt to forego his NFL career and just start a religion, because it seems the ranks of college and pro football coaches and players are full with members of the cult of CEH. I think most of these guys quoted above would suck off CEHs dink, including CEH himself, if he asked. The man is basically already a god. 

But really, it’s hard to ignore everything swirling around this guy. And then the quotes from the man CEH himself are like Muhammad Ali level motivational and inspirational. I am going from skeptical to fully on board the CEH hype train in real time here.

Edited by LostAtSea
  • Like 2

On the other hand, at least one person does not agree with the consensus that this CEH guy walks on water...

”I get this message on Friday morning that Andy Reid said that this kid that hasn’t played a down in the NFL is better than me already. It took me years to perfect my game, and it took me years to get better at my craft. And this young kid that hasn’t played a down in the NFL is better than me already. It’s baffling.” - Brian Westbrook, RB Eagles, retired

Actually you know, even Westbrook may have technically kinda let the truth slip through with his second to last sentence: “And this young kid that hasn’t played a down in the NFL is better than me already.” Alright Brian, I guess you’re on board too. I won’t argue with an RB who was good enough to be compared to CEH!

• Like 1

Don't know if the guy will be the next Kamara, but sure do know he is fast a poop and will be a great compliment to a basher type RB. Hands down CEH was a fantastic selection in the late 1st round. 

He just went 12-13 with Ekeler in a $35 best ball, I guess if want him he likely doesn't fall to his next pick at 36. Taken over Chubb and Aaron Jones.

I’m tripping out where he’s getting drafted. I messed around with a few mock drafts just now. Kid went 2nd round a couple times, & the rest in the 3rd.  @JE7HorseGod Why wait till August , I shall eat crow now 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

@RunCMC @JE7HorseGod

I want in on this. If his ADP is exactly 36 you both get a Mike ditka tattoo and if it’s before or after pick 36 I’ll get both of y’all a tattoos. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

@RunCMC @JE7HorseGod

I want in on this. If his ADP is exactly 36 you both get a Mike ditka tattoo and if it’s before or after pick 36 I’ll get both of y’all a tattoos. 

God damnit Stone ...  I should’ve known the job was dangerous before I took it. Never trust a man named Clyde, with the last name Edwards. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2