thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I’m tripping out where he’s getting drafted. I messed around with a few mock drafts just now. Kid went 2nd round a couple times, & the rest in the 3rd.  @JE7HorseGod Why wait till August , I shall eat crow now 😂

I release you from our terms, as you already know it to be true that John Elway is the GOAT in your heart.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

@RunCMC @JE7HorseGod

I want in on this. If his ADP is exactly 36 you both get a Mike ditka tattoo and if it’s before or after pick 36 I’ll get both of y’all a tattoos. 

No deal.

My body is temple, and that temple is reserved for Tiger King face tattoos.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Keeper leagues and dynasty sure he can go in the 1st round, but anything before round 4 is probably going to be an over reach. His adp is 30, with an average deviation of 12. That is a lot of uncertainty. Got it this was Pats request, but as long as he can't show what he is fully capable, Reid is going to trust Dwill. 

trust d will ? they clearly dont they traded for mccoy last year then drafted a running back in the 1st this year 

if mccoy could have held onto the ball last year d will would have probably barely played 

34 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

trust d will ? they clearly dont they traded for mccoy last year then drafted a running back in the 1st this year 

if mccoy could have held onto the ball last year d will would have probably barely played 

A lot of speculation here.  Mccoy wasn’t traded, he was signed off waivers for a one year deal worth a couple mill.  

DW then proceeded to be a huge part of their SB run.   Also consider...The Chiefs have demonstrated lately they’re willing to spend and draft whatever it takes to give Mahomes endless weaponry on offense.  They traded up and reached for Hardman.   Then reached for CEH.   Both guys will be contributors but in this case....draft position doesn’t mean elite volume.   It’s a role they want a perfect fit for-  nothing more or less.

Will be a solid backfield option in the leagues most lethal offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

A lot of speculation here.  Mccoy wasn’t traded, he was signed off waivers for a one year deal worth a couple mill.  

DW then proceeded to be a huge part of their SB run.   Also consider...The Chiefs have demonstrated lately they’re willing to spend and draft whatever it takes to give Mahomes endless weaponry on offense.  They traded up and reached for Hardman.   Then reached for CEH.   Both guys will be contributors but in this case....draft position doesn’t mean elite volume.   It’s a role they want a perfect fit for-  nothing more or less.

he started 6 of 11 games what happened the other 5 ? is that showing trust not even naming him the starter ? 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Ceiling: Alvin Kamara

Floor: Bishop Sankey

when was the last time andy Reid had a running back be as bad as bishop sankey was? 

Edited by Stonej14

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

when was the last time andy Reid had a running back be as bad as bishop sankey was? 

3 of them last season

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

What does this even mean? Are you trying to say CEH will only be a role player, and the Chiefs don't want more out of him? Get outta here.

FYI - After drafting Patrick Mahomes in 2018, the Chiefs have only selected offensive skill position players with 5 of their next 23 picks (one being Kareem Hunt). And what makes you think they reached for Hardman and Clyde? Daniel Jeremiah had Mecole Hardman listed as his 57th prospect, and CEH his 32nd - they were drafted at 56 and 32 respectively. Seems like you're saying other people shouldn't speculate, but you're speculating AND exaggerating. Which is fine - opinion can vary and speculation can be useful, but don't let it get in the way of the facts.

Here are the facts useful for projecting CEH's rookie performance:

Damien Williams was an undrafted free agent.

In his first 4 years with the Dolphins, Damien Williams rushed for 477 yards on 133 carries (3.59 yards per carry).

In March 2018, Damien Williams was signed by the Chiefs to a 1-year $790,000 contract, to play behind Kareem Hunt and Spencer Ware.

In November 2018, Kareem Hunt was sent home by the Chiefs following the release of the TMZ video.

In December 2018, Spencer Ware, an upcoming free agent, went down with a hamstring injury and was unable to return until the AFC Championship game.

In December 2018, Damien Williams was signed by the Chiefs to a 2-year extension, with only $900,000 guaranteed.

Following the Spencer Ware injury, Damien Williams started the final 5 games of 2018, rushing 69 times for 414 yards (6.0 yards per carry).

In August 2019, Andy Reid said "we'll do that here" when asked if the Chiefs would implement a running back by committee approach in 2019.

In September 2019, 31 year old LeSean McCoy was signed by the Chiefs to a 1-year deal, with $3,000,000 guaranteed.

One week after being signed, LeSean McCoy carried the ball 10 times for 81 yards. Damien Williams carried the ball 13 times for 26 yards (2.0 yards per carry).

Between weeks 2 and 8 (while missing weeks 3 and 4 due to injury), Damien Williams carried the ball 35 times for 74 yards (2.11 yards per carry).

In week 9, Damien Williams carried the ball 11 times for 34 yards (3.09 yards per carry), in addition to this straight up the middle run for 91 yards.

In the following 8 games (playoffs included), Damien Williams carried the ball 108 times for 385 yards (3.56 yards per carry), in addition to this 5 yard run that turned into 84 yards when the Chargers defense stopped playing before the whistle.

Outside of those 2 monster runs, Damien Williams finished the year rushing 167 times for 519 yards (3.11 yards per carry), with a 34.95% snap percentage during the regular season.

Damien Williams is 28 years old and has 1 year left on his contract.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the only player in SEC history with over 1,000 rushing yards and 50 receptions in a single season.

The SEC has had 95 running backs drafted to the NFL since 2000.

The SEC has had 15 running backs drafted to the NFL in the 1st Round since 2000.

Patrick Mahomes said "the one guy that I think would be unbelievable in our offense would be Clyde Edwards-Helaire"

The Chiefs drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire with the 32nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Andy Reid said Clyde Edwards-Helaire is "such a special football player", "better than Brian Westbrook" and the Chiefs are "excited to put him in this offense and cut him loose."

Chiefs GM, Brett Veach said “All of a sudden you get a guy like Clyde Edwards-Helaire and second-and-8s now become second-and-2s and 3s. I don’t know how you can defend that."

Clyde Edwards-Helaire can't turn second-and-8s into second-and-2s and 3s, unless he is playing on 1st down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

What does this even mean? Are you trying to say CEH will only be a role player, and the Chiefs don't want more out of him? Get outta here.

FYI - After drafting Patrick Mahomes in 2018, the Chiefs have only selected offensive skill position players with 5 of their next 23 picks (one being Kareem Hunt). And what makes you think they reached for Hardman and Clyde? Daniel Jeremiah had Mecole Hardman listed as his 57th prospect, and CEH his 32nd - they were drafted at 56 and 32 respectively. Seems like you're saying other people shouldn't speculate, but you're speculating AND exaggerating. Which is fine - opinion can vary and speculation can be useful, but don't let it get in the way of the facts.

Here are the facts useful for projecting CEH's rookie performance:

Damien Williams was an undrafted free agent.

In his first 4 years with the Dolphins, Damien Williams rushed for 477 yards on 133 carries (3.59 yards per carry).

In March 2018, Damien Williams was signed by the Chiefs to a 1-year $790,000 contract, to play behind Kareem Hunt and Spencer Ware.

In November 2018, Kareem Hunt was sent home by the Chiefs following the release of the TMZ video.

In December 2018, Spencer Ware, an upcoming free agent, went down with a hamstring injury and was unable to return until the AFC Championship game.

In December 2018, Damien Williams was signed by the Chiefs to a 2-year extension, with only $900,000 guaranteed.

Following the Spencer Ware injury, Damien Williams started the final 5 games of 2018, rushing 69 times for 414 yards (6.0 yards per carry).

In August 2019, Andy Reid said "we'll do that here" when asked if the Chiefs would implement a running back by committee approach in 2019.

In September 2019, 31 year old LeSean McCoy was signed by the Chiefs to a 1-year deal, with $3,000,000 guaranteed.

One week after being signed, LeSean McCoy carried the ball 10 times for 81 yards. Damien Williams carried the ball 13 times for 26 yards (2.0 yards per carry).

Between weeks 2 and 8 (while missing weeks 3 and 4 due to injury), Damien Williams carried the ball 35 times for 74 yards (2.11 yards per carry).

In week 9, Damien Williams carried the ball 11 times for 34 yards (3.09 yards per carry), in addition to this straight up the middle run for 91 yards.

In the following 8 games (playoffs included), Damien Williams carried the ball 108 times for 385 yards (3.56 yards per carry), in addition to this 5 yard run that turned into 84 yards when the Chargers defense stopped playing before the whistle.

Outside of those 2 monster runs, Damien Williams finished the year rushing 167 times for 519 yards (3.11 yards per carry), with a 34.95% snap percentage during the regular season.

Damien Williams is 28 years old and has 1 year left on his contract.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the only player in SEC history with over 1,000 rushing yards and 50 receptions in a single season.

The SEC has had 95 running backs drafted to the NFL since 2000.

The SEC has had 15 running backs drafted to the NFL in the 1st Round since 2000.

Patrick Mahomes said "the one guy that I think would be unbelievable in our offense would be Clyde Edwards-Helaire"

The Chiefs drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire with the 32nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Andy Reid said Clyde Edwards-Helaire is "such a special football player", "better than Brian Westbrook" and the Chiefs are "excited to put him in this offense and cut him loose."

Chiefs GM, Brett Veach said “All of a sudden you get a guy like Clyde Edwards-Helaire and second-and-8s now become second-and-2s and 3s. I don’t know how you can defend that."

Clyde Edwards-Helaire can't turn second-and-8s into second-and-2s and 3s, unless he is playing on 1st down.

well acquainted with the facts-  But thank you for the history lesson anyway.   

I’ve detailed my opinion on previous pages as to the Chiefs likely Rb split.  

Summary:  I’m a fan of CEH,  but this season will see more DW than most are willing to admit.   

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

3 of them last season

Well you’re almost right. andy reid had 2 backs put up bishop Sankeys best season stats all in one season last year. But 500 yards in 16 games wasn’t that hard to get too. 

2 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Well you’re almost right. andy reid had 2 backs put up bishop Sankeys best season stats all in one season last year. But 500 yards in 16 games wasn’t that hard to get too. 

Haha yeah that was a bit of a softball.   Sankey isn’t the worst floor comp stylistically.    Seems unlikely tho

I think ceiling is Ekeler's first month last year over the course of a full year.

Thing is, some folks are paying for that ceiling in drafts already.

8 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Hardman was drafted literally the day after the audio recording between Tyreek and his fiancee was released (and many people thought Tyreek was facing a suspension at the least). 

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think ceiling is Ekeler's first month last year over the course of a full year.

Thing is, some folks are paying for that ceiling in drafts already.

So roughly 2000 total yards - 24 total tds - 96 catches. As a ceiling ya I could see that. Highly unlikely but ya it’s doable. If CMC can do it with the high school backup at QB then ya CEH can do it with mahomes and Reid.

Jamal Charles has a 1900- 20td - 70 catch season and shady had a 1800-20td 45 catch season but neither of them had mahomes.

• Like 1

Just now, Corleone said:

Hardman was drafted literally the day after the audio recording between Tyreek and his fiancee was released (and many people thought Tyreek was facing a suspension at the least). 

I don’t pretend to know if they would have taken Hardman without the Hill drama-  but it’s telling that Sammy and Robinson are both back.  Everyone has a role on KC.   Hardman will continue to perform his and make the team better.   Wr3/4 in fantasy.   

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I don’t pretend to know if they would have taken Hardman without the Hill drama-  but it’s telling that Sammy and Robinson are both back.  Everyone has a role on KC.   Hardman will continue to perform his and make the team better.   Wr3/4 in fantasy.   

At the end of the day, KC drafted Hardman a day after news that made it seem very likely that Tyreek would be suspended.
Then after Tyreek got injured, Hardman saw 22 targets across the 4 games Tyreek missed. Hardman had 19 targets in the other 12 games.
If you think that Hardman was drafted solely as a gadget player for a specific role, in spite of the two above things, to each their own.

44 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

well acquainted with the facts-  But thank you for the history lesson anyway.   

I’ve detailed my opinion on previous pages as to the Chiefs likely Rb split.  

Summary:  I’m a fan of CEH,  but this season will see more DW than most are willing to admit.   

I mean, only 5 backs finished 2019 with a snap count over 70%, so you're correct to assume there will be a time share. But could you elaborate on what you expect to see from Damien Williams this year and why? He finished 2019 with a snap count of 34.95%. Do you expect that to go up?

All I see in your prior posts is hyperbole: Labeling DW the "playoff MVP if not for Mahomes", saying the 31 other teams are thanking Andy Reid for this CEH pick, calling CEH "James White", implying Andy Reid can't draft RBs because he drafted two "bust" running backs last year (FYI - He drafted only one running back, 6th round RB - Darwin Thompson, who ended up playing 206 snaps for a Super Bowl winner - hardly a bust), saying "Andy Reid has always shown faith in DW. Injury has always been the critical factor" (It's literally been the opposite. Injuries/suspensions to other players gave DW his opportunity. Even then, Reid has since acquired at least 4 other running backs and guaranteed DW very little money), saying "Reid has a sense of nostalgia that betrays the obvious at times" (What evidence is there of this???).

Finally, you reference that you are speaking "statistically" in your posts, but I am yet to find a single statistic. To me, your opinion comes across as unfounded.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I mean, only 5 backs finished 2019 with a snap count over 70%, so you're correct to assume there will be a time share. But could you elaborate on what you expect to see from Damien Williams this year and why? He finished 2019 with a snap count of 34.95%. Do you expect that to go up?

All I see in your prior posts is hyperbole: Labeling DW the "playoff MVP if not for Mahomes", saying the 31 other teams are thanking Andy Reid for this CEH pick, calling CEH "James White", implying Andy Reid can't draft RBs because he drafted two "bust" running backs last year (FYI - He drafted only one running back, 6th round RB - Darwin Thompson, who ended up playing 206 snaps for a Super Bowl winner - hardly a bust), saying "Andy Reid has always shown faith in DW. Injury has always been the critical factor" (It's literally been the opposite. Injuries/suspensions to other players gave DW his opportunity. Even then, Reid has since acquired at least 4 other running backs and guaranteed DW very little money), saying "Reid has a sense of nostalgia that betrays the obvious at times" (What evidence is there of this???).

Finally, you reference that you are speaking "statistically" in your posts, but I am yet to find a single statistic. To me, your opinion comes across as unfounded.

I’m crushed you don’t approve of my opinion Mr Cantaloupe.   🍈 

Still think DW outtouches CEH in 2020

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Chiefs GM Brett Veach said Damien Williams will remain the starter, but first-round rookie Clyde Edwards-Helaire will "compete for playing time."

“I certainly think it’s going to be a shared load,” Veach said. “Damien has been in this offense for a long time and certainly has shown what he can do on that playoff run. The guy’s a really good pass protector [and] can catch the football. I mean, both these guys can run and catch and certainly Damien will come in as the starting running back and Clyde will have to come in here and compete for playing time, which we think he’ll do. But I think it will be a one-two punch.” No matter how Veach feels, the fact is Williams hasn't handled more than 111 carries and 30 catches at any point in his six-year career. The Fresh Prince of Helaire is fully expected to handle Kansas City's third-down role while Williams splits early down carries, and that workload isn't projected to change barring an immense breakout for either during the league's hypothetical preseason. It's very clear both will share touches unless an injury separates the two mid-year

May 1, 2020, 12:01 AM ET

•  
  • Thanks 1

if reid was saying that ok but the GM ? he makes the calls on who starts ? 

32 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

if reid was saying that ok but the GM ? he makes the calls on who starts ? 

It feels like mostly that interview was designed to massage DW's ego when I read the whole thing in context.  I don't know how much impact this statement will have when the pads are on.

That said, anyone who takes a piece of this backfield as a highly drafted player in fantasy should be aware it has the potential to be messier, volume wise, than some other situations in the league.  Like for instance if Leonard Fournette is healthy, there's little doubt he'll have more touches than CEH.  The Chiefs offense could offset that volume for sure.  But it's not a slam dunk.

• Like 1

This news is and was expected. Everyone is hoping for Kareem Hunt right out of the gates against New England. Just like coach Boone says just like Novocain give it time baby. He his going to be the guy and in keeper or dynasty leagues he is going in the top 5. Redrafts use caution or you will take some lickings early.

• Like 2