thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

50 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

well I didn't see this happening to make my CEH prediction come true.  Most overrated 1st rnd RB since David Wilson

CEH has already flashed more NFL promise then Penny or Michel...plus Trent Richardson in David Wilson's own draft was far more overrated then CEH. Relative to draft position and the way his counterparts in surrounding years have performed Leonard Fournette would be overrated by any measure. He was drafted before Christian McCaffrey. I'm not sure he'll be the best back in his class but I'd be surprised if he didn't at least have a solid career based on what we've seen so far.

Edited by Benjamin1984

This is my first year playing FF and I was puzzled why CEH was being taken in the 1st round over proven guys like Jacobs, Cook, and Mixon. 3rd round seems reasonable but 1st round I just don't get.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

This is my first year playing FF and I was puzzled why CEH was being taken in the 1st round over proven guys like Jacobs, Cook, and Mixon. 3rd round seems reasonable but 1st round I just don't get.

It’s called HYPE, that’s all. 

writing is on the wall, stop acting like this rookie is Barry Sanders. 

After a big Week 1, it's been a slow burn for Edwards-Helaire, who was drafted in the first round of many fantasy drafts. The rookie out of LSU hasn't topped 64 rushing yards or scored in a game since the season opener, and he's only once been over 40 receiving yards all season. 

Clearly, the Chiefs feel CEH is missing something if they felt the need to acquire Bell. This might be because of concerns about CEH's ability to finish around the goal line, and it also might be because of some issues he's had in pass-blocking.

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

"but i'm a simple man ... i like lollipops in my mouth, and butter ... up my ___ ... and all i wanna do is make a dollar and a cent in this business"

Floyd Gondolli "Boogie Nights"

the name of this game is making coin ... those playing for orange slices and juice boxes may excuse themselves forthwith.

how do ya make coin?

by having your magick foosball cats consistently outscore the other guy's magick foosball cats ... it's a very rudimentary principle, achieved simply by awaiting results of which you have zero control over.  FUN. do this enuff to manuever into the playoffs, then it's every man for his chaotic self ... any (and every) thing can happen.

for the past 4 weeks my first rd selection here has averaged THIRTEEN pernts (ppr).  i have been discussing the obvious shortcomings for the past couple weeks, mostly rebuffed with calls of "RELAX!", etc.

but we've had no blowup games, no 30 spots ... hell, not even a 20 spot - so he's not exactly shoveling the coin train now, is he?  

this is a gambling endeavor, when it's all said and done.  if one plunks cheese on enough events long enough, then one better have a keen eye for trends, lest one wind up a mendicant skulking the Bowery's alleyways.

CEH has received TWO looks inside the five over the past month - both passes - one 'Homie misfire, one nullified by Kelce penalty.  

but zero rushing attempts down there.  we've seen razzle dazzle to the FB, an o-lineman, 'Reek, Hardman, even a couple 'Homie totes.  but ZERO from our boy here. 

i opined a couple weeks ago that JJ Watt effectively sunk any blowup value this kid had on opening night.  it torpedoed the confidence of KoolAid & 'Homie, and had to have dented the kid's swag quite a bit.  

that take of mine was also met with the same "RELAX!" type pushback ... but, again, as the weeks wore on it was obviously a trend, not a coincidence ... designed goal line plays dialed up for the effin' popcorn vendor, but not CEH.  

the R.O.I. on this gamble, ergo, was bearing extremely diminished returns as a result.  so ya plug him in yer lineup, watch the 14/48 rushing stat lines sap his explosiveness as he ceded valuable magick foosball snaps (2 minute/hurry up/ketchup) to the esteemed duo of Darrell/Darwin.  

basically, we wuz effed. 

13 PPG THE PAST MONTH. 

hell, i got 2 satelite kids (ol' GasCan/Edmonds) producing similar if need be ... not to mention an arthritic Gurley, who is at least used to punch it in.  those guys have not seen my lineup yet.  my badski, as YMMV. 

13 PPG THE PAST MONTH

ok, so a few doods on yer roster gotta exceed their normal output by roughly 4 pernts per week to manufacture that deficit ... far from an Herculian task. 

13 PPG THE PAST MONTH

best case scenario for us owners, as i mentioned the past few days, is that Bell absorbs the early down slams for the paltry 2/3 yds ... this will keep CEH fresher for those splash plays that have been non existent since the 28 yd TD scamper on opening night, before Watt brought the house down. 

so we trade those measly 4 or 5 points he's been laboring for on the ground lately for similar, if not more, on choice pass plays when the 'Homies go pedal to the metal. 

Bell also excels in that facet, so we gots a problem here ... but, if i had my druthers, i'd much rather see Clyde in that passing down role instead of the early down sacrificial stooge.  

and what of Bell? 

even with the Stillers prolific offense he was never a big TD guy, think he only topped double digits twice, and never had double digit rushing TDs  ... those assuming he's gonna pop from the stripe on the reg are sadly mistaken, imo ... will he be more successful in the role than CEH?  well, one would certainly expect that ... there is an extremely low bar set. 

13 PPG THE PAST MONTH

we get one last hurrah Monday night ... and who knows what lies ahead.   i will say this, those tossing dirt on him are gonna eat some crow, methinks. 

i will in no way, shape or form put him in the week 7 lineup.  nahh ... eff that.  im'ma have to sit back and evaluate how this shakes out ... i'm sure i can replace the 13 ppg somehow - as Rocco offered in "Godfather II" about offing Hyman Roth: "difficult, but not impossible"

we rook a gamble here ... as of now, it has failed. most crucial aspect of gambling is knowing when ish has blown yer bankroll ... but also having a thick enough skin, and a short enough memory, not to throw ya on a TILT. 

the book is far from closed ... Bell has been a mercurial cat the past few years ... and CEH is not getting relegated to Palookaville, no matter how many wanna come in and tap dance on his/our misfortune. 

no, the book is not closed - but 13 PPG THE PAST MONTH is more like a pamphlet, amirite?

the book hasn't been written ... yet. 

there will be coin, folks ... oh, there will be coin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Lots of dumb dumbs made the mistake of drafting him in the first round. Myself included.

I dont think it was a mistake but the hype went through the roof when Williams opted out. In hindsight that ended up hurting CEH's value the most.

Starting with confidence RoS....

He was handpicked be Andy and seconded by the 1/2 billion $ kid before selecting. Bell is insurance and possibly and good meatshield on 3rd down to provide GREAT pass-pro. 

48 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

He was handpicked be Andy and seconded by the 1/2 billion $ kid before selecting. Bell is insurance and possibly and good meatshield on 3rd down to provide GREAT pass-pro. 

I wasn't even starting him with confidence before Lev Bell. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Watch Helaire score on the goal line Monday....twice. 

I like. 

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

CEH has received TWO looks inside the five over the past month - both passes - one 'Homie misfire, one nullified by Kelce penalty.  

Is that for real? Then why are the peeps writing CEH is not a goal line back? 10-20 pages ago i asked how many touches has CEH has gotten inside the 5 from guys who spew he wasn’t a goal line back. I never got an answer looked on football reference couldn’t find. 

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

there will be coin, folks ... oh, there will be coin. 

Heads or tails? 

Edited by shakestreet

3 minutes ago, stevieglick said:

I wasn't even starting him with confidence before Lev Bell. 

Come on now. He’s had a safe floor. Should have had 15+ last week again if not for Kelce and his ridiculous OPI that had nothing to do with the play.  He also only had 10 rushes inexplicably. 

KC is going to have to run the ball more if for no other reason than to keep their deflated defense off the field for longer 

59 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

So, it's your position Bell was signed to back-up CEH? Is that what you're saying? 

1 hour ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Like how Hardman was hand picked and has continued to play behind Watkins? 

what a silly assumption.    KC cares not for appearances or justifying their draft pick values. 

9 minutes ago, rizon said:

Come on now. He’s had a safe floor. Should have had 15+ last week again if not for Kelce and his ridiculous OPI that had nothing to do with the play.  He also only had 10 rushes inexplicably. 

KC is going to have to run the ball more if for no other reason than to keep their deflated defense off the field for longer 

I know, just a frustrated CEH owner this morning!😩

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Like how Hardman was hand picked and has continued to play behind Watkins? 

what a silly assumption.    KC cares not for appearances or justifying their draft pick values. 

Hardman was hand picked as the Hill replacement (back when he was facing expulsion from the league). Not even comparable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Hardman was hand picked as the Hill replacement (back when he was facing expulsion from the league). Not even comparable.

Oh but it is.   This is how KC is going to operate.  Put proven vets into big time roles and let the rooks/youngsters fill in the gaps.  

This thread is delusional to think Bell is there to be a meat shield while CEH isn’t impacted.   

Edited by Impreza178

12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Heads or tails? 

gist of my point was that i feel that if one can mitigate the 13 ppg until we get clarity, then this kid will return value in the long term. 

get to the dance, then watch him waltz us to 'chip coin ... fortune favors the bold, shakey - we will be smiled upon. 

feelin' lucky?

ThunderousWelltodoEarthworm-size_restric

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Oh but it is.   This is how KC is going to operate.  Put proven vets into big time roles and let the rooks/youngsters fill in the gaps.  

This thread is delusional to think Bell is there to be a meat shield while CEH isn’t impacted.   

I agree.

• Thanks 1

Outstanding real football move by the Chiefs. 

As good as CEH was/may be, it was quite obvious he was not a guy who could pick up the must have short yards rushing (3rd-4th down/goal line). He was abysmal in short yardage duty (no stats), eye test only, but it stood out. Bell can pass protect/run routes, and/or convert the short yardage. They will both get run, within the offense.

...this makes the entire KC offense better, and for fantasy, Mahommie is the real winner.

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

So in theory you’re saying rooks/youngsters don’t play a big role in KC ... at first glance it sure looks like Hill & Kelce did 

CEH value is definitely impacted ... how much we shall see. 

Monday is going to be a make or break game for CEH as far as I'm concerned.  Either he goes out there and says "I'm fighting for my job" or he sulks and sucks.  Either way I'm probably benching him for JRob.

• Haha 1