Rotoworld.com Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, straightfire118 said:

Well MEH sucks as a goal line back so it’s safe to assume he will lose those duties. So Bell being the goal line back on the chiefs and being to be able to catch passes is very valuable.

Somebody post CEH has had 2 looks inside the 5 yard line in the past month. Does that translate he sucks? 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are 64 pages of @Gohawks talking terribly about CMC.  @joshua18 has an extremely selective memory and refuses to acknowledge anything he got wrong, but to make it worse he never shuts up about w

Comments like these are just old and tired. Yeah, it may happen, no one is denying it. It's exhausting seeing the gloom and doom on every page of every player though. If that's all you can ta

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, oban14 said:

All the people freaking out about Bell, let me remind you of one thing:  Bell sucks.  He sucked this year, and he sucked last year.  When he didn't suck, he was hurt.  I get that people want to blame Gase and the Jets, and I guess there is no better place for an RB to land to see if they're the problem or the Jets were, but I'm not too worried about Bell suddenly looking like the 2016 version.

Remember Damien Williams?

I guarantee you it was Gase, I just traded for CEH though .....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Clyde honestly hasn't been as great as everyone who took him in the first round thought he would be running the ball, but he's been saving himself in PPR with some good receiving numbers. I think this probably ends up a pretty straight 50/50.  Where I think Bell really hurts CEH value is at the goal line.  I don't see themusing CEH to punch it in over Bell.  Bell is just a bigger back. 

3 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I don't see themusing CEH to punch it in over Bell.  Bell is just a bigger back. 

I’m not sure I understand this, and it’s not just you.  Bell definitely has had a nose for the endzone with the Steelers, but as far as actual size he came back fit this year 6’1 210.  CEH is 207 but 5’7”... one would say that height aside, CEH is a bigger back when it comes to size in relation to height as far as bruising style at the goal line.  I like bell for his different running style and catching ability but I just never saw him as goalline back

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

I’m not sure I understand this, and it’s not just you.  Bell definitely has had a nose for the endzone with the Steelers, but as far as actual size he came back fit this year 6’1 210.  CEH is 207 but 5’7”... one would say that height aside, CEH is a bigger back when it comes to size in relation to height as far as bruising style at the goal line.  I like bell for his different running style and catching ability but I just never saw him as goalline back

I understand what you're saying, but hasn't he already been stuffed a few times at the goal line?  Not that that doesn't happen to everyone at one point or another, but I don't think he's been someone who they will trust to punch it in 2nd and goal from the 1.  

Bell has also always had pretty good vision.  I guess we'll see, but I just think at this point in their careers, Bell is better suited for a goal line role. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I understand what you're saying, but hasn't he already been stuffed a few times at the goal line?  Not that that doesn't happen to everyone at one point or another, but I don't think he's been someone who they will trust to punch it in 2nd and goal from the 1.  

Bell has also always had pretty good vision.  I guess we'll see, but I just think at this point in their careers, Bell is better suited for a goal line role. 

I agree that he may have a nose for the endzone... good example is Aaron Jones who is not a big back either. But all I’m saying is that the size rationale has been used by all the analysts and I just don’t see it as punch it in “goalline guy”.  I only own bell and I wrote on the bell forum how I think he has elite vision and field awareness vs elite athleticism and speed, but I just don’t see people saying that it’s because of his size. If anything a bowling ball like Ceh in theory would be better build for it.   Now it’s understandable that CEH has failed at the goalline sensationally with the touches he’s had, but not related to bell being a bigger back, just him running straight into the line

Split Bell out, he will garner a lot of attention, plenty room for Helaire to run. I can see times where they both will be on the field. CEH isn’t going to get as many touches but the ones he does get just might be better. 

10 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Split Bell out, he will garner a lot of attention, plenty room for Helaire to run. I can see times where they both will be on the field. CEH isn’t going to get as many touches but the ones he does get just might be better. 

They already have so many weapons capable of lighting defenses up. Is Bell more dangerous split out than Hill, Hardman, Watkins, or Robinson? Kelce also splits out. I’m just not sure that splitting out Bell a few times a game will equate to CEH having a significant impact. 

13 minutes ago, yardimatt said:

They already have so many weapons capable of lighting defenses up. Is Bell more dangerous split out than Hill, Hardman, Watkins, or Robinson? Kelce also splits out. I’m just not sure that splitting out Bell a few times a game will equate to CEH having a significant impact. 

Watkins is hurt. Robinson isn’t really a threat like Hill and Hardman. Bell isn’t more dangerous but he is dangerous. I can’t imagine having a talent like Bell on the field (lined up at wr) not being a positive for the run game. Just my opinion. Like I said, the amount will go down but the per could go up with CEH. 

Edited by Taxman
34 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Watkins is hurt. Robinson isn’t really a threat like Hill and Hardman. Bell isn’t more dangerous but he is dangerous. I can’t imagine having a talent like Bell on the field (lined up at wr) not being a positive for the run game. Just my opinion. Like I said, the amount will go down but the per could go up with CEH. 

Watkins could be back when Bell is ready to be inserted into the lineup which is why I mentioned him. Ultimately I want CEH to perform like the first rounder I hoped for when I drafted him. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

they’re thin at the position is the obvious answer.

No way! That couldn’t be it! It has to be because the Chiefs are terrible and it’s all Clyde’s fault. He’s only 6th in yards from scrimmage! That’s terrible! What do you do when your running back is only 6th in yards from scrimmage? Kick him to the curb! That’s obviously what’s going on here. 

This is a wait and see with CEH and Bell. If you own CEH, you're starting him. But long term, Bell is going to hurt CEH's value. There's no way around it. Bell is most likely going to vulture goal line TD's, get used in the passing game, and steal some carries. There is no paradigm shift in the Chiefs offense because of Bell. With Mahomes the Chiefs will always be a pass first offense, this isn't a Cleveland Chubb/Hunt situation where it's a run first offense and both can eat. My hope is Bell pulls an Antonio Brown and whines he's not getting the ball or goes batshyte crazy and gets cut.

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

My guess is CEH has a good game this week but this eventually turns into a RBBC where Reid rides the hot hand week to week. I see Bell getting at least 12 touches a game and most goaline work. I think selling CEH is a good move if you can get anything of value. 

The only challenge with this is that no one really knows what CEH's value is anymore.  With him "struggling" to start the season and now with Bell there, I can't imagine any owner of quality is going to be buying at anything near initial value until things shake out.  Even worse would be trading him at a deflated price due to the uncertainty and then he ends up still having a strong role. 

He won't get phased out completely regardless so it's not like his value is completely nothing, but no one knows where it is right now.  I'm not even sure if the Chiefs fully know what the plan is yet. 

1 hour ago, MurderInc said:

This is a wait and see with CEH and Bell. If you own CEH, you're starting him. But long term, Bell is going to hurt CEH's value. There's no way around it. Bell is most likely going to vulture goal line TD's, get used in the passing game, and steal some carries. There is no paradigm shift in the Chiefs offense because of Bell. With Mahomes the Chiefs will always be a pass first offense, this isn't a Cleveland Chubb/Hunt situation where it's a run first offense and both can eat. My hope is Bell pulls an Antonio Brown and whines he's not getting the ball or goes batshyte crazy and gets cut.

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so.

lol @ this (The stone cold comment, not your content). I guess there’s a non-zero chance Bell spoils the milk in KC but I just can’t see that happening. I know he’s had his ups and downs and diva type nature but one I think he’s agree was misguided (steelers holdout) and the other was honestly understandable. 

No more player friendly and liked coach in the league then Kool Aid. I don’t see Bell walking in mid season and demanding anything especially when we anticipate the team to be winning. There is a much higher chance of him stealing points from CEH then there is of him becoming a distraction.