thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

CEH has skill all over the field. He’s younger, more agile, prob a better burst... bell isn’t taking anything except a few touches... goal line touches the ones CEH doesn’t get anyways lol

Bell was never an explosive or game breaking cat ... his last full year with the Stillers, he did top 2,000 total yds, but averaged less than 5 yds per touch ... not per carry, but per touch. (Gurley avg over 6 yds per touch that same year, for comparison).  his longest gain that year was 39 yds, on a pass play ... no runs over 25 yds. 

volume hog on an offense that relied on him to play hardball and get the tough yds ... he is a remarkably patient runner, with incredible vision. 

but not fast ... this Chiefs offense is nuttin' if not fast. 

Shady's skillset was better suited to KoolAid's schemes, but there was little left in the tank last year. 

Bell was also never a prolific TD guy ... topped double digits only twice, iirc, and never topped double digit rushing TDs - those thinking he's coming in and hanging up mega TDs are gonna be let down. 

it's 'Homie's show. 

Bell is one of the greatest route running rbs we've ever seen ... i can see that facet of his game flourishing in KC. 

but that's the area we wanted/needed CEH to excel in ... it's supposedly his greatest strength, as well.  

Bell will be taking the Darrel snaps to start, and maybe get a featured series or two. 

but it still remains to be seen if he can adapt to the breakneck speed of this offense ... the Stillers were laden with great talent, but nothing along these lines, as far as consistent tempo goes. 

CEH showed tonight he will need to be reckoned with - Bell having great success here is far from a fait accompli ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These RW blurbs are all over the place: after the Bell signing CEH was destined to be a COP back, and in today's he's a low-end RB1. You have to be encouraged about CEH's performance today regardless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

These RW blurbs are all over the place: after the Bell signing CEH was destined to be a COP back, and in today's he's a low-end RB1. You have to be encouraged about CEH's performance today regardless.

It's encouraging for sure but he was already at the low-end RB1 level before the signing. Now we're hoping Reid doesn't try to get overly fancy with Bell in the mix. We wont know how it will shake out for a few weeks. 

Just now, Guwop said:

It's encouraging for sure but he was already at the low-end RB1 level before the signing. Now we're hoping Reid doesn't try to get overly fancy with Bell in the mix. We wont know how it will shake out for a few weeks. 

yep, he should be "up to speed" just in time for the Jets in week 8

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I don’t understand to this day why anyone pays attention to RW blurbs.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I don’t understand to this day why anyone pays attention to RW blurbs.

Prime time entertainment. I don’t understand to this day why they add so much subjectivity into them. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Guwop said:

and yet the chiefs still did what they did smh...could have left it alone and addressed that defense and blocking issues on runs instead

From a non-fantasy perspective, this was a great pickup by the Chiefs, regardless of Bell's role.  I mean, what happens if they lose CEH (knock on wood)?  They're gonna win another SB with the Darrel and Darwin show?  No disrespect to them, but that is a steep drop off from CEH and the opposition wouldn't need to respect the run.  

Now, they have some additional depth at RB that would be very hard to find later in the season, and have a guy who can certainly spell CEH competently.  I could see Bell running out the clock at the end of games too (which is obviously bad for CEH for fantasy but great in real life).

CEH's value took a hit, there's no doubt, but I don't think it's huge.  Bell will take all of Darrel and Darwin's work, which is probably 8-12 touches per game.  You figure he'll siphon off 5-10 touches from CEH, so that sucks.  But CEH will still have plenty of touches to turn in solid RB2 numbers with upside.

I definitely think tonight's game basically assures us that CEH is going to have a big role when Bell joins.  He's gonna have a decent leash.  The only way Bell is going to get into a 50-50 timeshare is if he is as good as what we saw from CEH tonight, and that's asking a lot.

• Like 1

Been arguing with my league mates in the slack chat for an hour over whether he’s good or not.  Everyone is very split but most seem to think CEH is a bum and is a product of this offense (the old “anyone could put up yardage numbers in this offense” argument), plus can’t handle short yardage situations and Bell will come in and be the guy from the start. Only a few of us believe in the kid.  Really hoping he comes out on top so I can get em with the “I told you so’s”.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:03 AM, SyNdicateZ said:

Enjoy this last pedestrian start for CEH. The Kraken will be released next week....

Oooops 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Been arguing with my league mates in the slack chat for an hour over whether he’s good or not.  Everyone is very split but most seem to think CEH is a bum and is a product of this offense (the old “anyone could put up yardage numbers in this offense” argument), plus can’t handle short yardage situations and Bell will come in and be the guy from the start. Only a few of us believe in the kid.  Really hoping he comes out on top so I can get em with the “I told you so’s”.

I mean, watch the game (them)? He was a beast today. 

1 minute ago, aapox said:

I mean, watch the game (them)? He was a beast today. 

“Anyone could be a beast in that offense” is the sorry a** rebuttal but I feel you 

10 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

No concerns with the late game mistakes? 

He didn't run out of bounds... what else did you see? I mean if he hadn't rushed for 161 yards and caught everything thrown at him, I'd be more worried about that mental error. 

Edited by Buckmcbuck
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

“Anyone could be a beast in that offense” is the sorry a** rebuttal but I feel you 

Just send them this picture in the form of a mic drop then:

gUMCNfr.png

• Haha 1

Just now, Buckmcbuck said:

He didn't run out of bounds... what else did you see? I mean if he hadn't rushed for 169 yards and caught everything thrown at him, I'd be more worried about that mental error. 

The almost fumble is what I'm guessing he's referring to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I think Bell brings down CEHs ceiling more then anything. He already isn’t getting RZ work. 

His ceiling was already low and he isn’t getting 30 touches every game. If CEH ends up as Middle RB 2 we should consider ourselves lucky. 

6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

His ceiling was already low and he isn’t getting 30 touches every game. If CEH ends up as Middle RB 2 we should consider ourselves lucky. 

Sometimes I just give up.

• Like 1

If the name attached wasn’t what it was nobody would even give a **** the Chiefs picked up a guy with his pathetic numbers. The last time he was useful Patrick Mahomes wasn’t even a starting QB.

36 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

If the name attached wasn’t what it was nobody would even give a **** the Chiefs picked up a guy with his pathetic numbers. The last time he was useful Patrick Mahomes wasn’t even a starting QB.

Gotta give him more credit then that. I don’t even consider players from the Jets humans. They are more like matter that’s just occupying space. He was decent last year and before that was arguably the best back in the league. If anyone thinks Bell is like Fournette I think you are in for a surprise. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Oooops 

?? Reid gave CEH as many rushes as he could since this was CEH's last week as the starter. Im not surprised and expected the over usage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Sometimes I just give up.

I really hope I’m wrong. I want him to be successful but I just see too many negatives and not enough positives. No goal line work, not catching enough passes, has not been successful from the goal line when given chances. And now they bring in a big time name like Leveon bell. It doesn’t matter even if he’s not 2017 bell. He has some juice left. He’s too young to not have anything left in the tank and they are going to give him a lot of looks. Now if this team ran the ball like the browns and had the game go through their RBs I wouldn’t be as worried. But it’s just not the case. This team goes through mahomes. Todays game was an outlier.  

Edited by StevenSC400