thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, kp96 said:

He's not young.  Even the article you just cited shows that he's on the wrong side of the hill.  Doesn't mean he can't have the best year of his career, but it is less likely than if he was 24 or 25.  That's all I'm saying and the article you just posted agrees with me, not you.

Lol. You keep saying 24 or 25 but the article clearly disagrees with you. It’s saying RBs on average hit their peak production at 27. Bell is 28 and missed a whole year of football. You keep talking about him like he’s 30 years old. Again on average even with him being 28 he may be 15% off his peak. You keep trying to ignore the very real possibility that he is still at or very close to his peak level of production. And if he is another real possibility is he takes over completely and CEH turns into a COP back to learn. But I think it seems easier to just ignore all of this. 

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Lol. You keep saying 24 or 25 but the article clearly disagrees with you. It’s saying RBs on average hit their peak production at 27. Bell is 28 and missed a whole year of football. You keep talking about him like he’s 30 years old. Again on average even with him being 28 he may be 15% off his peak. You keep trying to ignore the very real possibility that he is still at or very close to his peak level of production. And if he is another real possibility is he takes over completely and CEH turns into a COP back to learn. But I think it seems easier to just ignore all of this. 

You're putting words in my mouth.  I even said that it's entirely possible that he has his best season.  All I'm saying is that he's on the wrong side of the hill in terms of age.  I mean, you just said "RBs on average hit their peak production at 27".  What are you arguing with me for?  You're proving my point and arguing at the same time.  Unbelievable.

He's not young, despite what you have been arguing earlier.  OK?  OK.

2 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

It was a walk in that was obviously called back.  Are you really impressed by that?  Yes, theoretically he should fall into the end zone a lot in this offense but he’s a jag when the defense actually plays the run.  They grounded Mahomes in this game which is obviously an aberration.  

I think he leading the league in yards as a rookie. He is no Barry Sanders/Saquon Barkley but he is not a "jag" He could also end up easily still being the rookie of the year also. And lastly if he would have not had the two TD's called back the last two weeks he would probably be the 3rd or 4th running back in fantasy.

Just now, kp96 said:

You're putting words in my mouth.  I even said that it's entirely possible that he has his best season.  All I'm saying is that he's on the wrong side of the hill in terms of age.  I mean, you just said "RBs on average hit their peak production at 27".  What are you arguing with me for?  You're proving my point and arguing at the same time.  Unbelievable.

He's not young, despite what you have been arguing earlier.  OK?  OK.

Yeah he’s old. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Lol.

• Haha 1

Word on the street this was a pity game. They gave him all these touches cuz he cried after the trade. 

lev 80/20 split ROS 

• Haha 4

So glad I didn't listen to the voies telling me to sell high and abandon ship. Great output. Im sure those voices will persist until the narrative matches their reality again for a week. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

btw, not for nuttin' ... but -

two straight ugly losses on National TV (game was never in doubt for KC last night), it's quite apparent that it is/was the Bison who are starving for help in the backfield. 

they were the team that always made most sense to me for Bell - and they were in it up 'til the 11th hour. 

they are extremely limited with no help for Josh from a consistent rb ... now, i still remain skeptical of just how much Bell has left, but, whatever it is, Buffalo needed it more. 

we shall see.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

btw, not for nuttin' ... but -

two straight ugly losses on National TV (game was never in doubt for KC last night), it's quite apparent that it is/was the Bison who are starving for help in the backfield. 

they were the team that always made most sense to me for Bell - and they were in it up 'til the 11th hour. 

they are extremely limited with no help for Josh from a consistent rb ... now, i still remain skeptical of just how much Bell has left, but, whatever it is, Buffalo needed it more. 

we shall see.  

Respectfully disagree with this assessment.  For such a one sided game it is remarkable that the outcome actually was in doubt.  KC was only up by 6 late in the 4th.  They had a fumble scare, and then had to convert a 3rd and 12 to keep the drive going - otherwise Buffalo would have had the ball, momentum, and a chance to win.  

I think that the fact that the game was close could bode well for CEH.  Buffalo was determined not to let Mahomes dominate. They let KC dominate the line of scrimmage - most of CEH runs came with 6 or fewer men in the box. As poorly as Buffalo played they still had a chance to win. These seems like a reasonable approach against KC - avoids getting into shootout with best offense in the NFL.

• Like 1

Just now, Sherlocklock said:

Respectfully disagree with this assessment.  For such a one sided game it is remarkable that the outcome actually was in doubt.  KC was only up by 6 late in the 4th.  They had a fumble scare, and then had to convert a 3rd and 12 to keep the drive going - otherwise Buffalo would have had the ball, momentum, and a chance to win.  

I think that the fact that the game was close could bode well for CEH.  Buffalo was determined not to let Mahomes dominate. They let KC dominate the line of scrimmage - most of CEH runs came with 6 or fewer men in the box. As poorly as Buffalo played they still had a chance to win. These seems like a reasonable approach against KC - avoids getting into shootout with best offense in the NFL.

did you honestly think KC was in danger of losing at any point?  laying the 5.5 was a gift. 

c'mon. 

agree to disagree.  very much so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherlocklock said:

It’s reasonable but comes with its own set of issues.    You’re giving Mahomie 2nd and 4/ 3rd and 1 over and again.  With a tired defense on the field and minimal time for your offense to work.   

id call that strategy a bust. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It’s reasonable but comes with its own set of issues.    You’re giving Mahomie 2nd and 4/ 3rd and 1 over and again.  With a tired defense on the field and minimal time for your offense to work.   

id call that strategy a bust. 

It's only a bust if it doesn't work. But I agree, eventually a defense will tire out. The best strategy against high powered offenses is to keep them off of the field. Buffalo doesn't have the rushing attack to do that. 

Watch out for the rookie wall. It hit Kareem Hunt when he was in KC. 

There's a reason KC signed Bell.

• Haha 1

The Chiefs brought Bell in as insurance, in case of an injury to their #1 RB. It is a 70/30 split. We all know this team is all about the two divas Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. These three always eat eat ... 

Now if your upset that you’ll drafted CEH that is on you. You didn’t think this through, the writing was there this is the Mahomie show. Mahomes stars in KC. 

The facts— CEH is ranked 11th in 1/2 ppr. And he only scored 1 TD.
Just imagine those 2 TDs weren’t somehow not magically called back that would push CEH at 6th.

Just now, shakestreet said:

The Chiefs brought Bell in as insurance, in case of an injury to their #1 RB. It is a 70/30 split. We all know this team is all about the two divas Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. These three always eat eat ... 

Now if your upset that you’ll drafted CEH that is on you. You didn’t think this through, the writing was there this is the Mahomie show. Mahomes stars in KC. 

The facts— CEH is ranked 11th in 1/2 ppr. And he only scored 1 TD.
Just imagine those 2 TDs weren’t somehow not magically called back that would push CEH at 6th.

None of this speaks to the pending workload split.    Andy did have “the talk” with CEH about staying in his lane and controlling what you can.  I expected Helaire to come out strong this week and Buff made it easy.   Doesn’t mean a thing when Bell is deemed good to go.   

I'd give it another year before KC turns into the Greatest Show on Turf (without the turf) 2.0. The CEH projections were just off for a year or two.

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

None of this speaks to the pending workload split.    Andy did have “the talk” with CEH about staying in his lane and controlling what you can.  I expected Helaire to come out strong this week and Buff made it easy.   Doesn’t mean a thing when Bell is deemed good to go.   

My money is on in favor of CEH. 

9 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

It is a 70/30 split.

We shall see ... TBD 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fachowski said:

I'd give it another year before KC turns into the Greatest Show on Turf (without the turf) 2.0. The CEH projections were just off for a year or two.

Last night a bit underwhelming for some people? Jaysus. What did you want? 

Anybody who was worried should be officially unworried in my opinion. CEH has his warts, but those warts won't get worse with Bell around. 

The onus is now on Bell to come in out play CEH and if he wants to outplay the guy who played last night? Good luck. 

Edited by Gandalfthecat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Word on the street this was a pity game. They gave him all these touches cuz he cried after the trade. 

lev 80/20 split ROS 

[...] no rookie is playing that game. Especially not a RB on a pass first team led by Mahomes with Reid as the head coach.

Edited by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

did you honestly think KC was in danger of losing at any point?  laying the 5.5 was a gift. 

c'mon. 

agree to disagree.  very much so. 

KC had control of the game through the night, but they absolutely were in danger of losing after the Bills pulled within 6 points in the 4th with about 5 minutes left.  Buff needed a stop and a score.  They also had all their timeouts.  Perfectly doable.  I will say that it was probably the only point in the game where I thought Buff could pull it off.  To say KC was never in danger of losing is incorrect though.

6 minutes ago, kp96 said:

KC had control of the game through the night, but they absolutely were in danger of losing after the Bills pulled within 6 points in the 4th with about 5 minutes left.  Buff needed a stop and a score.  They also had all their timeouts.  Perfectly doable.  I will say that it was probably the only point in the game where I thought Buff could pull it off.  To say KC was never in danger of losing is incorrect though.

my friend, not only were they not in danger of losing, i never felt they were in danger of not covering the 5.5 i laid 🤷‍♂️

never had a doubt ... at all. 

ETA: proof is in last night's game thread ... i never once mentioned worry about the spread, let alone losing. 

all i mentioned was the OVER, which i laid off. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

CEH is 2nd in the league in rushing.  Any thought that they're just going to send him straight to the bench bc of Bell is ludicrous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kp96 said:

CEH is 2nd in the league in rushing.  Any thought that they're just going to send him straight to the bench bc of Bell is ludicrous.

... gonna be a lot of surprised folks when Clyde remains the lead dog - he'll be firmly entrenched as the bellcow as we hit our playoffs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... gonna be a lot of surprised folks when Clyde remains the lead dog - he'll be firmly entrenched as the bellcow as we hit our playoffs. 

Optimism 

makes life easier to bear 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Optimism 

makes life easier to bear 

name the stakes, we'll take it to a wager ... i will back my assertion up with plenty of coin, ya hear?