thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

Wait for the gameday inactives...

31 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Wait for the gameday inactives...

Bells playing - wait for it...it's coming!.

Who cares abt bell, this is CEH thread.. 16/107/0 3/34/1

snowy and cold, you ain’t tackling Clyde 

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Who cares abt bell, this is CEH thread.. 16/107/0 3/34/1

snowy and cold, you ain’t tackling Clyde 

Kidding aside you’re prob right.   CEH is a must start this week.   Bell is a risky flex 

• Like 4

Arrow pointing down

Bell took half the work in 1 week, CEH will get little to zero passing work and gets no goalkine work. 

Bells usage will increase weekly. He's a TD dependent boom/bust flex now. From low end RB1 to RB3 in a week. 

8 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Arrow pointing down

Bell took half the work in 1 week, CEH will get little to zero passing work and gets no goalkine work. 

Bells usage will increase weekly. He's a TD dependent boom/bust flex now. From low end RB1 to RB3 in a week. 

I don't believe it'll increase. This will probably be what it looks like going forward. Alternate series pretty much. I can live with that as long as he's still getting dumpoffs. Missed a Receiving TD too today. Still has a good chance to score weekly. The defense ST won't score twice every week

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I don't believe it'll increase. This will probably be what it looks like going forward. Alternate series pretty much. I can live with that as long as he's still getting dumpoffs. Missed a Receiving TD too today. Still has a good chance to score weekly. The defense ST won't score twice every week

He was barely getting by and doesn't get that many TDs as is. Also remember this was a low volume passing day from mahones and bell will get more of that which also cuts into CEH production. Bell is a problem on usage alone and this is with one week of learning the playbook. Without the d/st scores they probably air it out more instead of run as well. It's not full blown loss but those RB1 hopes are done for barring injury. TD dependent with have his normal touches? Ouch

9 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

He was barely getting by and doesn't get that many TDs as is. Also remember this was a low volume passing day from mahones and bell will get more of that which also cuts into CEH production. Bell is a problem on usage alone and this is with one week of learning the playbook. Without the d/st scores they probably air it out more instead of run as well. It's not full blown loss but those RB1 hopes are done for barring injury. TD dependent with have his normal touches? Ouch

Though the offense is still amazing and he will get a good amount of touches regardless. But with a somewhat decreased workload will decrease the chances of a injury. I have been extremely lucky in that regard so far this season besides AJ Brown. But it is always around the corner.

20 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Yeah I get it. I already accepted the rb1 is no more but I do think he's good for 10+ , with good chances at 15+ most weeks. I don't think that's too crazy

• Haha 1

Let me get this straight: people are happy with the guy getting NINE touches and getting his score line puffed by a non-goal line TD to get to low double digits?  Even though the team led the whole game and scored 43 points... and this only Bell's first game active?

Forgive me for not sharing in the optimism.  If others share it, I'd suggest you try to sell now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Let me get this straight: people are happy with the guy getting NINE touches and getting his score line puffed by a non-goal line TD to get to low double digits?  Even though the team led the whole game and scored 43 points... and this only Bell's first game active?

Forgive me for not sharing in the optimism.  If others share it, I'd suggest you try to sell now.

Who said anyone is happy? It was a bad game for most of the Chiefs offense.

I’m curious to see the snap counts. Were they alternating in and out, or were they given their own series?

I will say this, KC didn’t have the ball a lot because of the pick six and the kick off TD. Basically gave up two series. Between Bell and CEH, they only had 14 carries, that is not going to be the normal. Going forward they will probably have close to 25 carries between the two of them. 

Just my opinion, but the game was out of hand before halftime. This was an easy game to get Bell up to speed in a game that was all but done.

But yeah, not a bad time to sell high on CEH after two nice games.

15 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I think panic is an okay reaction, but this game was an outlier. They had two touchdowns scored on defense and special teams. They only ran 14 times between Bell and CEH. 

I still think CEH keeps RB2 value, hard to know with Bell.

57 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I think panic is an okay reaction, but this game was an outlier. They had two touchdowns scored on defense and special teams. They only ran 14 times between Bell and CEH. 

I still think CEH keeps RB2 value, hard to know with Bell.

and it's hard to see that moving forward. Bell got half the work fresh off the plane. Reid will likely increase Bells touches or at best 50/50 split which is looking less likely. People claimed bell would have a reduced role and he surpassed that week 1. CEHs best scoring outputs are largely volume based and he's losing a good portion of that volume to a good RB who just got there. We're hoping for a guy who averages less than 1 TD per game (0.28 TDs per game) to start scoring touchdowns to make up for loss of volume. Without the TD run today he only scores 5.7 points in 0.5 ppr in Bells FIRST WEEK. Do people expect bell to get less work and put up less numbers than he would after his first week? The good part with CEH was that even without TDs he could get you 10+ points. That doesn't look like an automatic thing anymore. Bell doesn't have to play like a league winning RB1 in order to tank CEHs value

Edited by Guwop

13 minutes ago, Guwop said:

and it's hard to see that moving forward. Bell got half the work fresh off the plane. Reid will likely increase Bells touches or at best 50/50 split which is looking less likely. People claimed bell would have a reduced role and he surpassed that week 1. CEHs best scoring outputs are largely volume based and he's losing a good portion of that volume to a good RB who just got there. We're hoping for a guy who averages less than 1 TD per game (0.28 TDs per game) to start scoring touchdowns to make up for loss of volume. Without the TD run today he only scores 5.7 points in 0.5 ppr in Bells FIRST WEEK. Do people expect bell to get less work and put up less numbers than he would after his first week? The good part with CEH was that even without TDs he could get you 10+ points. That doesn't look like an automatic thing anymore. Bell doesn't have to play like a league winning RB1 in order to tank CEHs value

Like I mentioned above, the game was out of hand by about the middle of the second quarter. A really easy game to put Bell in and see what he can do. We will know a lot more later. CEH’s value is definitely taking a hit, but how much we don’t know. My guess is KC probably runs close to 25-30 times a game. Even at a 50/50 split should put him between 12-15 touches in a great offense. CEH probably is a low end RB2.

Can we stop trying to extrapolate playing time from today's game?  It was so far from a regular KC game that it just doesn't make sense to.

IMO, it looks like it's gonna be a near 50-50 split, but who knows.

• Like 4

200 passing yards for Mahomes and 14 total runs. CEH could have had a much bigger day if he caught the TD pass. Brighter days ahead. Don't fret.

6 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

200 passing yards for Mahomes and 14 total runs. CEH could have had a much bigger day if he caught the TD pass. Brighter days ahead. Don't fret.

Everything is fine? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

How did he drop that I trip out. It was on the money

I needed that bad man. But yeah I'm quite optimistic things might just work out with this backfield. 

• Like 1

In a non-competitive game, I am not surprised Bell got a bit more work than we expected.  

Bell is CEH's caddy and assigned to mop-up duty.

Definitely a weird game.   Bad weather,  return td,  defense made it easy for KC. If not for the garbage td to tyreek- Mahomes puts up single digits.  How many times has THAT happened?  Lol

Next week vs Jets will be telling.   50/50 split if I had to guess.  

11 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

I’m curious to see the snap counts.

CEH 53% 27/51

Bell 37% 17/51 

Next week vs Jets will be telling.   50/50 split if I had to guess.  

Owning CEH.... gtfo with this 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1