thebadferret

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2020 Outlook

Defense/Special teams touchdowns are just killers for the QB.  Not only do you basically lose a possession, but you're likely up big now so you're just gonna run.  Those TDs were bad for the entire offense.

12 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Defense/Special teams touchdowns are just killers for the QB.  Not only do you basically lose a possession, but you're likely up big now so you're just gonna run.  Those TDs were bad for the entire offense.

Problem is they didn't do that either, only 19 rushing attempts the whole game across everyone, and only 16 with the starters in (I don't count Henne's three kneels at the end as rush attempts). Just a weird offensive script altogether.

Edited by vercrazy

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Next week vs Jets will be telling.   50/50 split if I had to guess.  

Owning CEH.... gtfo with this 

you may not like it...but it’s foolish to think bell doesn’t get a lot of work in his revenge game.  Getting him going only makes the Chiefs more dangerous and versatile.   

• Like 2

Seemed like they alternated series.  Bell started the second half.  CEH dropped a gimme TD pass in the 2nd half and he also had a couple of other balls thrown his way that he either dropped or wasn’t on the same page with Mahomes on.  IIRC CEH had another rush TD called back on holding, unless I’m mixing that up with another game.  Game flow was strange and Denver’s rush defense is solid.  I can see both having value but the chances of a pooper any given week absolutely increase with Bell in town.  His ceiling is still decent with a potent offense but his floor is way lower now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

you may not like it...but it’s foolish to think bell doesn’t get a lot of work in his revenge game.  Getting him going only makes the Chiefs more dangerous and versatile.   

Damn right having Bell in sync makes the Chiefs dangerous.  I am not one of those guys who will claim that they know who is the lead back in KC. I can only hope CEH stays healthy and the split is 70/30 in favor of my man. 

1 hour ago, FeastMode said:

Seemed like they alternated series.  Bell started the second half.  CEH dropped a gimme TD pass in the 2nd half and he also had a couple of other balls thrown his way that he either dropped or wasn’t on the same page with Mahomes on.  IIRC CEH had another rush TD called back on holding, unless I’m mixing that up with another game.  Game flow was strange and Denver’s rush defense is solid.  I can see both having value but the chances of a pooper any given week absolutely increase with Bell in town.  His ceiling is still decent with a potent offense but his floor is way lower now.

And that is a big problem. One of the best things was that even without the TDs you could count on around 10 fantasy points in ppr and not that's gone depending on how the game is going week to week

• Like 1

Bell taking half the touches on his first game was not expected. I feel like CEH is destined to be a COP back within 3-4 weeks at this pace.

6 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Bell taking half the touches on his first game was not expected. I feel like CEH is destined to be a COP back within 3-4 weeks at this pace.

COP? I doubt that.

I've said this before, but we all need to look at this situation from the "What would I do if I were Andy Reid" perspective, not "what's best for my fantasy team" perspective.

If I'm Andy Reid, I have two really good RBs now.  I've got a vet who looked pretty good on Sunday, and I have my first round RB who has flashed very well all season.

I'm gonna play both of them.  This will keep both of them fresh during the game and put a lot of pressure on the defense.  Imagine you're a defender playing in the 4th quarter and now you gotta chase down a fresh CEH?

Now...how do I divide the work?  Well, frankly, why do I have to have a set plan?  They're both pretty good at everything.  Maybe in specific situations I'll favor one over the other, but am I really going into a game saying "Bell is my 3rd down and GLB, and CEH gets all the carries between the 20's"?  Why would I do that?  I might go into a game saying "Let's start with CEH for the first couple series, then bring in Bell, and then let's see what makes sense after that".  Beyond that, why do I have to have a set plan?

This isn't a situation where you have a big back and small satellite back where you know what situations make sense.  Both Bell and CEH have shown they can have an every down role.  I've got two 3-down backs.  I don't need to put them in specific packages.

It's really going to be a touch and go situation that will be very hard to predict.  As fantasy owners, we all want to know up front what the work division will be (so that we can set our lineups correctly), but Andy Reid doesn't give a sh-t about our lineups.  He's going to manage it in-game.  He's going to see who's running well, who's winded, etc. and go accordingly.

Based on this, they're both sort of low end RB2 / Flex players with decent ceilings and unfortunately low floors.  You never know when one guy is just going to turn it on one game and they ride the hot hand.

• Like 7

So what's CEH's dynasty value? Bell re-signs or CEH takes over this backfield in 2021? Looking to deal for him in dynasty. 

I would not be surprised if this were a game where Bell would be "featured". It's the Jest - he will get his numbers. Naturally Bell is going to want to stick it to Gase and whether he's washed or not the Jest D is one that gives opponents everything their hearts desire .

By the same token (the craptastic Jest token) MEH is going to get his too - it's inevitable if he gets even 10 touches the way he's running right now. Like last Sunday this game will be over by halftime. The real losers in this situation are - once again - Mahomes owners imo. Then Henne will get in and he'll look like a champ too.

I think the next game on the schedule - Carolina - is when we finally see a serious deployment plan of these two backs.

Bell will definitely get a TD. Against the Jets though everyone should eat.

• Like 1

Bell negotiated into his contract that he will be the featured back in any games vs the Jets & Steelers.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Bell negotiated into his contract that he will be the featured back in any games vs the Jets & Steelers.

I'd have wanted that sure.

I would like to help bring Leveon and CEH owners together. I envision a scenario where Leveon Bell and CEH owners both enjoy high production and win their leagues handily. Doesn't that sound swell? Why fight over this sort of thing? You are all smart and wonderful team managers. You ALL made a good choice in selecting a RB. Feels good to say that! Hope EVERYONE wins next week! Yay!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I would like to help bring Leveon and CEH owners together. I envision a scenario where Leveon Bell and CEH owners both enjoy high production and win their leagues handily. Doesn't that sound swell? Why fight over this sort of thing? You are all smart and wonderful team managers. You ALL made a good choice in selecting a RB. Feels good to say that! Hope EVERYONE wins next week! Yay!

200.webp?cid=ecf05e4767k0cyg9y5m903t8f9m

• Thanks 1

Didn’t bell reach out to Clyde not wanting to “step on his toes and disrupt the chemistry”...maybe I’m foolish but I don’t think we will get a clear picture on the snap share this week either. 

I think it’s kinda funny that everyone just expects Bell to do well because he is playing his old team. He should do fine because it’s the Jets, but Reid isn’t going to play him a bunch so he can get revenge against his old team. It’s always a team first approach. 

Wouldn’t shock me if both Bell and CEH score on Sunday.

Revenge game for Bell is a legit narrative but hopefully all skill players will produce in this one 

Edited by affliction

2 hours ago, affliction said:

Revenge game for Bell is a legit narrative but hopefully all skill players will produce in this one 

I’m actually thinking the “game is out of hand so let’s let’s give Henne and Bell some extra reps” narrative is more likely than the revenge narrative.  

• Like 2

hoping for a miracle TD somewhere along this game. The revenge narrative or not if Bell plays well that will only hurt CEH moving forward not matter how much you'd want to use the jets as an excuse

Honestly don't know what to make of this game...

KC Home vs Jets...The score could realistically be 30-0 by halftime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Honestly don't know what to make of this game...

KC Home vs Jets...The score could realistically be 30-0 by halftime.

Exactly this could be the 2nd week in a row of Twilight Zone Football where we have no true idea after the game is over how this is split is really going to go down.