lolcopter

Jerry Jeudy 2020 Outlook

Broncos selected Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy with the No. 15 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

He'll slot in as the offense's No. 2 WR behind Courtland Sutton. Jeudy (6’1"/193) was a two-year starting receiver at Alabama with exceptional route running that allowed him to win at all depths of the field. Despite facing top-notch competition in the SEC, Jeudy separated from teammates Henry Ruggs and Devonta Smith in averaging at least 86 yards per game in back-to-back years in his age-19 and 20 seasons. He also led the FBS in 15-plus yard receptions in that span. Hands down the most polished route runner in the class, Jeudy's pedestrian 38th-percentile Adjusted SPARQ was one of Combine's biggest surprises. To win on the outside in the NFL, he’ll need to get stronger, but he otherwise projects as a go-to WR1 who can also thrive in the slot. Jeudy has been compared to Calvin Ridley and Stefon Diggs.

Apr 23, 2020, 10:03 PM ET

Great for Denver

questionable for Jeudys short term fantasy value

• Like 2

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Great for Denver

questionable for Jeudys short term fantasy value

Lock's more intriguing for fantasy purposes than he was yesterday.  Still in the bye week fill-in, injury insurance range in standard leagues.  But someone to monitor.

• Like 1

I care more about dynasty than I do for redraft.

To me he is the best route runner in the draft, he is very precise. He runs well after the catch which I like for fantasy. Locks strong arm will be good for jeudy, he has good long speed, 4.4 wheels, he evens blocks pretty well for a WR (was something he was good at in college) so overall skill if say best WR in the draft as far as his overall game. Ruggs is faster and Lamb is thicker but I think Jeudy has some the best situational awareness, he responds to the QB when the play breaks down and makes himself an available target, his body control on the sidelines is very nice.

Not much to dislike about his game to be honest, if anything you'd probably want him to put on a few pounds of muscle so he doesn't get pushed off of his routes or be physical with NFL caliber CBs and S but I  expect that to come with his body maturing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I care more about dynasty than I do for redraft.

To me he is the best route runner in the draft, he is very precise. He runs well after the catch which I like for fantasy. Locks strong arm will be good for jeudy, he has good long speed, 4.4 wheels, he evens blocks pretty well for a WR (was something he was good at in college) so overall skill if say best WR in the draft as far as his overall game. Ruggs is faster and Lamb is thicker but I think Jeudy has some the best situational awareness, he responds to the QB when the play breaks down and makes himself an available target, his body control on the sidelines is very nice.

Not much to dislike about his game to be honest, if anything you'd probably want him to put on a few pounds of muscle so he doesn't get pushed off of his routes or be physical with NFL caliber CBs and S but I  expect that to come with his body maturing.

Best case scenario, I see him being our Marvin Harrison.  Hopefully less lugars.

STUD ... love me some JJ , great landing spot . He can learn alot from Sutton while he acclimates to the NFL , but Courtland is still young enough where they can both mature together into elite wideouts . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

STUD ... love me some JJ , great landing spot . He can learn alot from Sutton while he acclimates to the NFL , but Courtland is still young enough where they can both mature together into elite wideouts . 

Actually Sutton will be the one learning from Jeudy.  Courtland's route running is galaxies away from Jeudy even as a rookie.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Actually Sutton will be the one learning from Jeudy.  Courtland's route running is galaxies away from Jeudy even as a rookie.

Fair - but Sutton really improved his route-running chops last season.

@RunCMC care to elaborate on what's so funny?  Jeudy is one of the more nuanced route runners to come out in several years, while Sutton came in very raw and still is a work in progress in that department.

Posted (edited)

Sure, what’s funny is that you say Sutton a 3yr vet will be the one learning from a rookie JJ , and then only mention route running. @El_Chingon

Edited by RunCMC

Just now, RunCMC said:

Sure, what’s funny is that you say Sutton a 3yr vet will be the one learning from a rookie JJ , and then only mention route running. 

They play WR.

• Haha 1

I’m excited to see how JJ will do in Denver. Elite route-runner and great hands. He should be a stud. 

This will be a headache to figure out fantasy-wise with Hamler

Great landing spot for Jeudy in Denver. What I want to see is how well will Lock develop in a full year with both Sutton, Jeudy and also Fant at TE. Lock also has a really good RB tandem to work with in Gordon and Lindsey. Jeudy could have a great rookie year if the QB continues to develop.

8 minutes ago, BleachyBlonde said:

Great landing spot for Jeudy in Denver. What I want to see is how well will Lock develop in a full year with both Sutton, Jeudy and also Fant at TE. Lock also has a really good RB tandem to work with in Gordon and Lindsey. Jeudy could have a great rookie year if the QB continues to develop.

Don’t forget Hamler

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 10:21 AM, Rush2112 said:

Good place for JJ to land in. 

I mean, there’s 20 or so QBs I’d rather see throwing him the ball than Lock for fantasy purposes

14 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I mean, there’s 20 or so QBs I’d rather see throwing him the ball than Lock for fantasy purposes

There's also more than one other talented receiver on the field alongside him. Really not a great landing spot at all for fantasy purposes.

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

There's also more than one other talented receiver on the field alongside him. Really not a great landing spot at all for fantasy purposes.

I was trying to be nice

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I'm not as up on Fant as some folks in the fantasy community seems to be, and while things can change in a hurry, Hammler doesn't look like a major competitor for targets ATM.

I think the bigger issue is that the Broncos have a good defense and two good RBs and will probably want to protect a young developing QB by running the ball as much as the game plan allows for.

Sutton and Lindsay are the guys I see being good potential values in fantasy drafts.  Jeudy and MGIII are probably more name than game on draft day.  My .02.

38 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Why is that?  Lock looked pretty darn good in limited time as a rook last season.  The landing spot isn’t ideal for fantasy purposes - mainly due to the surfeit of offensive weapons - but he might wend his way into WR3 status before all is said and done in his first pro season.

Jeudy is an advanced route runner especially for his age. He can play inside and outside but coach Saban said he can be most lethal out of the slot.

It's hard to predict rookie WR production especially with a 2nd year QB with not a lot of experience BUT if something is going to make his life easier it is going to be a reliable receiving option that can gain separation and make himself an easy target for the QB. I think this is where Jeudy will be the most impactful. 

Hamler is a deep threat and a good one but he is a situational WR, not an every down WR like Sutton and Jeudy.

Jeudy is so adept at route running that he need not leave the field unless he is hurt or tired. He is reliable for critical 3rd downs, he finds soft spots in the zone and knows how to sit down in them for the QB, his yards after the catch is impressive as is his moves in the open field to make people miss and pick up extra yards. It takes an elite WR to break 1,000 yards as a rookie but I think that is possible for Jeudy, mainly due to volume. Unless he gets hurt or is tired I think he gets as many snaps as he wants as a rookie. Combine that with his work ethic and God given talent he looks like a 1,000 yard 6+ TD receiver to me. Maybe something close to what devante Parker for with the dolphins last season, 1,000+ 9 TDs.

• Like 1