lolcopter

Jerry Jeudy 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He averaged over 31 PA/G last season - I don’t consider it a stretch to imagine that number rises to about 35 or so next season.

That's a really small sample size, with the Chiefs being the clear outlier driving average at 40 because they got walloped though.

If you're expecting that many throws over the course of a full season, basically you'd have to bet on the defense falling apart.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

That's a really small sample size, with the Chiefs being the clear outlier driving average at 40 because they got walloped though.

If you're expecting that many throws over the course of a full season, basically you'd have to bet on the defense falling apart.

They’re still going to have to play the Chiefs twice - and the Raiders twice and the Chargers twice.  And games versus NO, TB, TEN, ATL. Lock attempted 33 passes against DET, of all teams.  I don’t see his passing volume being contingent on the health of the defense.  And, as I stated above, I think Elway is paving the way for a transition to a more pass-centric offense given all of his draft picks.

Edited by BMcP

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BMcP said:

They’re still going to have to play the Chiefs twice - and the Raiders twice and the Chargers twice.  And games versus NO, TB, TEN, ATL. Lock attempted 33 passes against DET, of all teams.  I don’t see his passing volume being contingent on the health of the defense.  And, as I stated above, I think Elway is paving the way for a transition to a more pass-centric offense given all of his draft picks.

18/40 for 206 and a pick.    Scored 3 pts and got creamed.   This is a losing strategy for Denver.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

18/40 for 206 and a pick.    And we got creamed.   This is a losing strategy for Denver.  

Certainly was last year - but who was he throwing to outside of Sutton?  Fant was banged up with multiple injuries and missing PT.  DaeSean Hamilton?  Tim Patrick?  Nick Vannett?

It should be a different story this season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Driskell?

Jeudy not even running with the 1's yet?

... maybe Lock had the sniffles?

🤔

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... maybe Lock had the sniffles?

🤔

If that Joseph is Joseph Jones, then that's also (likely) not a starting LB.

hfs, tough room .... give the kid a break - would it be better if the blurb said the rook was befuddled and tripping over his own feet with all the grace of a three legged hippo? 

i recall some years ago when a kid by the name of Diggs was doing similar, and JJ has a step on Steffi in regard to pedigree, if nothing else. 

no, it's not exactly "Air Lock" in Donkville, but there's no need to wizz in the kid's Cheerios.

onward and upward. 

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Any SEC fan would tell you that Jeudy is an elite route-runner. I have zero doubt that he’s already one of the best route-runners in the NFL. Jeudy is crazy accurate, sharp, and quick out of his cuts. Dude is ridiculous, and I couldn’t happier that he’s not at Bama anymore. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Any SEC fan would tell you that Jeudy is an elite route-runner. I have zero doubt that he’s already one of the best route-runners in the NFL. Jeudy is crazy accurate, sharp, and quick out of his cuts. Dude is ridiculous, and I couldn’t happier that he’s not at Bama anymore. 

As a SEC guy, this statement checks out. Watching Jeudy break your team's corners' ankles play after play for 2 years was no bueno.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Stud. He will over take Sutton as WR1 on Denvers Roster

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Is he the rookie WR to target for PPR dynasty leagues?  I will admit I don't follow college football a ton but it seems like Jeudy has a great opportunity to make an immediate impact right out the gate given his lack of competition.  Seems like he could walk right into a #2 WR role as long as he doesn't colossally mess things up. 

22 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Is he the rookie WR to target for PPR dynasty leagues?  I will admit I don't follow college football a ton but it seems like Jeudy has a great opportunity to make an immediate impact right out the gate given his lack of competition.  Seems like he could walk right into a #2 WR role as long as he doesn't colossally mess things up. 

Most draft classes, he would definitely be the #1 Rookie WR. I believe he is #1 in talent, but this class was full of potential superstar receivers. Some of those landed in better QB positions with Lock being largely unproven. That being said, I rolled the dice on the talent alone and grabbed Jeudy wherever I could. 

Josh Gordon produced with who?

His new coordinator was the man who gave undrafted Thielen a chance and made him into a star. If Norv Turner remained coordinator in Minnesota who knows what would have happened. Courtland Sutton only played 11.1 % of his snaps in the slot last year so Jeudy could be his new Thielen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you're looking for a rookie that can hit the ground running, this is your guy. 

He's unguardable. Simple as that. DBs won't know what hit them, and they'll struggle to adjust. @pastorofmuppets2 mentioned diggs, but this kid is more like Odell beckham. Only question is the number of targets he'll get. OBJ became the Giants' top receiver his rookie year by default, after victor cruz went down. Jeudy has more competition for targets. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 2:47 PM, predator_05 said:

If you're looking for a rookie that can hit the ground running, this is your guy. 

He's unguardable. Simple as that. DBs won't know what hit them, and they'll struggle to adjust.

It will be “very difficult” to defend WR Jerry Jeudy, according to Kareem Jackson “He can get in and out of his breaks better than anyone I’ve ever seen before. For him to be a rookie, his tempo & his routes, the way he can change pace, the way he sells things, is very rare”

Landed him late last night. Hoping he's everything he's being billed to be thus far.

How do we like him straight outta the gate? Tennessee's got a pretty good D. May have to flex him myself. 

Good luck to all that own him this season!

• Like 1

Vonn Miller likely out for the season with an ankle tendon injury ... it weakens the D, possibly necessitating more of "Air Lock" than we anticipated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Vonn Miller likely out for the season with an ankle tendon injury ... it weakens the D, possibly necessitating more of "Air Lock" than we anticipated. 

These were my thoughts as well when I heard the news. I loaded up on rookie WRs this year that can marinate on the bench and I can bring them up once things start shaking out. I'm hoping Jeudy is the first one I can call up.

• Like 1

is anybody all in on this guy this year?  i know, risky...but would you take him over Cam Akers PPR in a vaccuum?