lolcopter

Jerry Jeudy 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He averaged over 31 PA/G last season - I don’t consider it a stretch to imagine that number rises to about 35 or so next season.

That's a really small sample size, with the Chiefs being the clear outlier driving average at 40 because they got walloped though.

If you're expecting that many throws over the course of a full season, basically you'd have to bet on the defense falling apart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

That's a really small sample size, with the Chiefs being the clear outlier driving average at 40 because they got walloped though.

If you're expecting that many throws over the course of a full season, basically you'd have to bet on the defense falling apart.

They’re still going to have to play the Chiefs twice - and the Raiders twice and the Chargers twice.  And games versus NO, TB, TEN, ATL. Lock attempted 33 passes against DET, of all teams.  I don’t see his passing volume being contingent on the health of the defense.  And, as I stated above, I think Elway is paving the way for a transition to a more pass-centric offense given all of his draft picks.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BMcP said:

They’re still going to have to play the Chiefs twice - and the Raiders twice and the Chargers twice.  And games versus NO, TB, TEN, ATL. Lock attempted 33 passes against DET, of all teams.  I don’t see his passing volume being contingent on the health of the defense.  And, as I stated above, I think Elway is paving the way for a transition to a more pass-centric offense given all of his draft picks.


18/40 for 206 and a pick.    Scored 3 pts and got creamed.   This is a losing strategy for Denver.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:


18/40 for 206 and a pick.    And we got creamed.   This is a losing strategy for Denver.  

Certainly was last year - but who was he throwing to outside of Sutton?  Fant was banged up with multiple injuries and missing PT.  DaeSean Hamilton?  Tim Patrick?  Nick Vannett?

It should be a different story this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Driskell?

 

Jeudy not even running with the 1's yet?

 

... maybe Lock had the sniffles?

🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

... maybe Lock had the sniffles?

🤔

If that Joseph is Joseph Jones, then that's also (likely) not a starting LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hfs, tough room .... give the kid a break - would it be better if the blurb said the rook was befuddled and tripping over his own feet with all the grace of a three legged hippo? 

 

i recall some years ago when a kid by the name of Diggs was doing similar, and JJ has a step on Steffi in regard to pedigree, if nothing else. 

no, it's not exactly "Air Lock" in Donkville, but there's no need to wizz in the kid's Cheerios.

onward and upward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 


Any SEC fan would tell you that Jeudy is an elite route-runner. I have zero doubt that he’s already one of the best route-runners in the NFL. Jeudy is crazy accurate, sharp, and quick out of his cuts. Dude is ridiculous, and I couldn’t happier that he’s not at Bama anymore. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:


Any SEC fan would tell you that Jeudy is an elite route-runner. I have zero doubt that he’s already one of the best route-runners in the NFL. Jeudy is crazy accurate, sharp, and quick out of his cuts. Dude is ridiculous, and I couldn’t happier that he’s not at Bama anymore. 

As a SEC guy, this statement checks out. Watching Jeudy break your team's corners' ankles play after play for 2 years was no bueno.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Stud. He will over take Sutton as WR1 on Denvers Roster

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he the rookie WR to target for PPR dynasty leagues?  I will admit I don't follow college football a ton but it seems like Jeudy has a great opportunity to make an immediate impact right out the gate given his lack of competition.  Seems like he could walk right into a #2 WR role as long as he doesn't colossally mess things up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Is he the rookie WR to target for PPR dynasty leagues?  I will admit I don't follow college football a ton but it seems like Jeudy has a great opportunity to make an immediate impact right out the gate given his lack of competition.  Seems like he could walk right into a #2 WR role as long as he doesn't colossally mess things up. 

Most draft classes, he would definitely be the #1 Rookie WR. I believe he is #1 in talent, but this class was full of potential superstar receivers. Some of those landed in better QB positions with Lock being largely unproven. That being said, I rolled the dice on the talent alone and grabbed Jeudy wherever I could. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Gordon produced with who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His new coordinator was the man who gave undrafted Thielen a chance and made him into a star. If Norv Turner remained coordinator in Minnesota who knows what would have happened. Courtland Sutton only played 11.1 % of his snaps in the slot last year so Jeudy could be his new Thielen.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're looking for a rookie that can hit the ground running, this is your guy. 

He's unguardable. Simple as that. DBs won't know what hit them, and they'll struggle to adjust. @pastorofmuppets2 mentioned diggs, but this kid is more like Odell beckham. Only question is the number of targets he'll get. OBJ became the Giants' top receiver his rookie year by default, after victor cruz went down. Jeudy has more competition for targets. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 2:47 PM, predator_05 said:

If you're looking for a rookie that can hit the ground running, this is your guy. 

He's unguardable. Simple as that. DBs won't know what hit them, and they'll struggle to adjust.

 

It will be “very difficult” to defend WR Jerry Jeudy, according to Kareem Jackson “He can get in and out of his breaks better than anyone I’ve ever seen before. For him to be a rookie, his tempo & his routes, the way he can change pace, the way he sells things, is very rare”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Landed him late last night. Hoping he's everything he's being billed to be thus far.

How do we like him straight outta the gate? Tennessee's got a pretty good D. May have to flex him myself. 

Good luck to all that own him this season!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vonn Miller likely out for the season with an ankle tendon injury ... it weakens the D, possibly necessitating more of "Air Lock" than we anticipated. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Vonn Miller likely out for the season with an ankle tendon injury ... it weakens the D, possibly necessitating more of "Air Lock" than we anticipated. 

These were my thoughts as well when I heard the news. I loaded up on rookie WRs this year that can marinate on the bench and I can bring them up once things start shaking out. I'm hoping Jeudy is the first one I can call up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is anybody all in on this guy this year?  i know, risky...but would you take him over Cam Akers PPR in a vaccuum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.