lolcopter

Jerry Jeudy 2020 Outlook

The drops will get better, game 1 jitters. His releases were so crisp beating vets in his first game out there love to see it

• Like 2

I was extremely impressed with what I saw last night. The drops aren't something I'd worry about long-term. My takeaway was just how much separation he was getting. Clearly the route-running hype was true. 

Lotta mouths to feed in a mediocre offense but Jeudy is definitely the real deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the smoothness of his play. Kid is dynamic.

If Sutton plays I have him as a start this week.   I expect at least 1 TD.

If Sutton out he is a flex...probably 4/60 line

• Like 1

Not a big fan of this week's matchup vs Pittsburgh. That Steelers defense is scary and this has the makings of a defensive slog for both teams.

looks like courtland sutton is gonna be out for a while.

i can't decide if this is good for jeudy or not - sutton being the focal point of defenses when he's playing, now that will shift more to jeudy/fant.

oh, also drew lock ... what does it all meannnnn?

I didn't watch the game but Jeff Driskel's stat line is absolutely respectable given the Steelers' brutal defense. Nothing about my outlook on Jeudy changes, really. Just being patient and hopeful that he blooms into a WR2 at some point.

Edit: Just learned of Sutton's potentially serious knee injury, so that's a boost of confidence in possibly flexing Jeudy next week. Broncos got Tampa Bay and New York Jets coming up.

Edited by dropshadows

Dude gets open but can’t catch. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

Really hoping it's just a case of the rookie jitters. Again, beating this dead horse again, but no preseason snaps for a rookie is a tough recipe for success. The upshot is his route running looks to be all it was billed to be, he's crisp. Given the targets (7-8 per so far) and the route running, he's earned another 2-3 weeks on my bench to see if he can move past this drop zone... With Sutton's potentially year-ending knee issue, this could be a leeg winner if he can just apply a bit more stick-em...

58 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

Yeah, hopefully he isn't another Alabama product in Amari Cooper. Dropsyitis.

Did he have more drops game 2? Saw the big drops week one, didnt see much of the game week 2.

21 minutes ago, Rozr1 said:

Did he have more drops game 2? Saw the big drops week one, didnt see much of the game week 2.

Yes, he dropped one over the middle that even prompted one of the announcers (Aikman, if memory serves) to say (and I'm paraphrasing from memory, but believe I've caught the intent): "Jeudy's gotta start coming down with those balls across the middle. Not every ball is going to be perfectly thrown, but that's a ball you need to come down with in the NFL."

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Well, he will have lots of targets from which to perfect his catching. 

I think it just makes Noah Fant more valuable.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Well, he will have lots of targets from which to perfect his catching. 

The announcers did say that he had a history of drops in college as well, but that they were usually the result of focus turning upfield before securing the catch (and that the same was true of week 1). I wasn't able to watch week 1, but that's something you can overcome with practice and focus, if you are hungry enough to take that coaching seriously. He seems really hungry to succeed, in all the interviews and such I've watched, so I'm holding some hope that he'll overcome in the long run. I think he'll have a blowup game or two early this year, but the back half of this year is when he really settles in. They already target him a bunch and he's got high draft capital along with the loss of their alpha, so I have a hard time not seeing this guy entering start-worthy land by 2H (and could be much sooner if he can be coached into prioritizing "maintain the catch" over "get downfield".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RomesBurnin said:

How do we feel about Jeudy with Bortles?? I dont feel good about it at all :(

Is Bortles going to be the starter? God, I hope not. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Is Bortles going to be the starter? God, I hope not. 

Bortles is not starting.  He's merely backing up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goatstain3 said:

Bortles is not starting.  He's merely backing up.

You have made my day better. Thank you for clarifying

Edited by RomesBurnin

Broncos head coach Vic Fangio said WR Jerry Jeudy will be a game time decision for Week 3 against the Bucs. 

Jeudy was listed as questionable. He was targeted seven times last week against the Steelers. If he's inactive this Sunday, rookie KJ Hamler -- who made his debut last week -- becomes a sneaky fantasy play. The speedy wideout could default into volume in what's likely to be a pass heavy Denver offense. Hamler got seven targets while playing 62 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Week 2. 

RELATED: 
Sep 25, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

So, what is this phantom injury?

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Broncos head coach Vic Fangio said WR Jerry Jeudy will be a game time decision for Week 3 against the Bucs. 

Jeudy was listed as questionable. He was targeted seven times last week against the Steelers. If he's inactive this Sunday, rookie KJ Hamler -- who made his debut last week -- becomes a sneaky fantasy play. The speedy wideout could default into volume in what's likely to be a pass heavy Denver offense. Hamler got seven targets while playing 62 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Week 2. 

RELATED: 
Sep 25, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

So, what is this phantom injury?

Rib injury, practiced in full Friday but I'd still listed as game time decision. 

• Thanks 2

Anyone happen to see how he looked Sunday? He seems to have a relatively safe 8-10 point floor in PPR. I'm probably gonna be forced to start him as my WR2 this week, hoping he can pull off a big game vs the Jets.

11 minutes ago, drisser said:

Anyone happen to see how he looked Sunday? He seems to have a relatively safe 8-10 point floor in PPR. I'm probably gonna be forced to start him as my WR2 this week, hoping he can pull off a big game vs the Jets.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat my friend. 

The bigger concern might be the change at QB though.