lolcopter

Jerry Jeudy 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat my friend. 

The bigger concern might be the change at QB though. 

I think he is a quality WR 2/3 PPR play this week. This new QB is obv nothing special, but Clay and others have noted his accuracy and ball placement were very strong in college...and he played some decent competition at Boise St, at least. The match-up isn't imposing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feels gross, but probably starting him tonight. He's probably due for a big game at this point, right? Hopefully this Rypien guy is serviceable. 

He is my starting line up and will remain.  I can only see him getting better every week.  I think he is  now the de facto #1 receiver. Although he is a rookie, he was the most NFL ready of those drafted.

Targets and opportunity make him a weekly start.

Rolling out Jeudy for the first time tonight at WR3 in place of D. Johnson. Fun fact: The Jets defense has allowed a whopping 75% completion rate from their opponents.

Giddyap!

21 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Rolling out Jeudy for the first time tonight at WR3 in place of D. Johnson. Fun fact: The Jets defense has allowed a whopping 75% completion rate from their opponents.

Giddyap!

Exactly my situation. I could pick someone up off waivers, but now I don't have to trim my nails!

9 minutes ago, drisser said:

Screw it, I'm in too. LETS GOOOO

I sometimes feel like I fire people up on Thursday night against my better judgement just to have some stake in the game. Totally going to play emotionally and throw him in there because I want to see him be awesome. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 8:08 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

I think he is a quality WR 2/3 PPR play this week. This new QB is obv nothing special, but Clay and others have noted his accuracy and ball placement were very strong in college...and he played some decent competition at Boise St, at least. The match-up isn't imposing.

That is very encouraging and helped me to make my decision to start him tonight. 

Thanks ST. STEVEN!!!

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not excited but I'm throwing him in there tonight over Cee Dee Lamb this week. It's the Jets and he should get at least 8 targets tonight. Let's go baby! Judge Jeudy is about to hand them the law.

InsistentClearcutGrizzlybear-size_restri

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In over Green for me, time for the kid to get his first NFL TD

1 hour ago, Novaray said:

In over Green for me, time for the kid to get his first NFL TD

Let's goooo

3 targets. Can't trust him again until this Rypien dude is relegated to the back of the bench where he belongs

• Like 1

Glad I started him this week (although I didn't have much choice). However, I don't think he's startable going forward until Lock gets back. Rypien sucks and this was probably the easiest matchup he'll have all season.

• Like 1

Fantasy gods gave us something at least. Can't complain about 14 points in my flex.

• Like 1

I like what I see, but the QB situation looks rough.

I will hold until that gets settled down.  Regardless, I am happy with the points tonight.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure coaches drew up a play to get him that TD like thirty seconds after I whined about him not being on the field at all in the game day thread.

Still have no idea what to make of him until Lock gets back, and I'm still wondering what's up with the extremely limited snaps.  Absolutely never wanted to play this guy without Lock and hope to never have to again because of COVID like this week, but am thankful for the TD bomb.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dmody91 said:

Regardless of the stat line, this kid doesn’t look like elite talent. 

It's hard to be judgmental when he turned what should have been an interception on an awful throw into a TD. It's also hard when one of his 4 targets was thrown into triple coverage for a pick 6. The takeaway I see from this Thursday is that Brett Rypien is a terrible QB. Some of his decisions were Trubisky-esque. Jeudy is a ++ route runner with some playmaking ability. Unfortunately, even with crisp route running you still need a QB who can find you. Considering he's topped 50 yds in every game so far in a season with no pre-season, and did that with 3 different QBs already, I am positive on his ROS outlook. After Lock comes back that is. A good QB will find ways to get the ball to their best players. He should get better. Big days should be on the horizon.

Also, to piggyback off the comment above. Very questionable snap count. Does not make much sense from a coaching standpoint.

Edited by Nickmo
Forgot to mention Snap Count
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, dmody91 said:

Regardless of the stat line, this kid doesn’t look like elite talent. 

With all due respect, I'm gonna have to disagree with your assessment.

That catch alone showed me that he is as advertised and has a bright future in this league. 

JMHO.

• Like 3

He desperately needs a QB, I don't think it improves with Lock either

47 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

He desperately needs a QB, I don't think it improves with Lock either

Disagree. Rypien was atrocious last night. Lock peppered him with targets, even in games where he played with Sutton. The bigger issue for Jeudy was his early season case-of-the-dropsies. He also struggled with those his senior year, so that's the legit concern here, but Lock was typically on target. Sounds like Lock may return next week, which would be great for his RoS outlook. Clearly needs to focus on the drops (pretty common for rookies, esp rookies in the slot, to "hear footsteps"). He needs to slow down and let the game come to him. His route running, burst, change of direction... he's got all the makings of a potentially elite receiver if he can get his drops under control.

Posted (edited)

Drew Lock is going to potentially be back Next week.

I love Jeudy - Lock coming back is going to help immensely.  Trading for him may be difficult but he is worth the goods.   I think he is a solid #2 going forward from week 5 (Lock back) and on in PPR leagues.

The TD he made he looked like he had done every day of his life.   He is that smooth.   Get the Judge on your roster and play with confidence.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Drew Lock is going to potentially be back Next week.

I really think this is a good thing.