lolcopter

Jerry Jeudy 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ShabbaRanks said:

what makes you think Lock is back next week?

Not for sure, but likely by week 6.

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said “there’s a chance” Drew Lock (shoulder) could return for Week 5 against the Patriots.

Edited by Sivaro

Against the stout NE defense and the faiures last week to throw long should point the needle for him up this week.   He is a great route runner and slot receiver, I think he is a good start for week 5.

Posted (edited)

No one talking in here about how Fant is out this game and maybe another? Jeudy is all they have left. Big time opportunity if hurting at WR

Edited by rizon

36 minutes ago, rizon said:

No one talking in here about how Fant is out this game and maybe another? Jeudy is all they have left. Big time opportunity if hurting at WR

That's the concern though. BB will game plan against him and Gordon, and they will go after whoever is playing QB hard. 

And, the TD saved him last week. 4 targets ain't gonna get it done again. 

I'd be somewhat less pessimistic if I knew Lock was back and at or near 100%. 

JJ's a fade for me this week. 

Just saw where NE is like 9th worst pass D against opposing WR's, so he has that going for him.

I still don't like the match-up. 

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

Just saw where NE is like 9th worst pass D against opposing WR's, so he has that going for him.

I still don't like the match-up. 

It gets a little easier with no Gilmore.

30 minutes ago, K197040 said:

It gets a little easier with no Gilmore.

Yup. Saw that earlier and that was my first thought as well. 

OK, so my biggest issue re; playing him this weekend is their QB situation. Do we even know who's gonna start at this point? Guessing Rypien? He looked pretty good in the first half of that TNF game last week, but I saw where he had a horrible 2nd half (I didn't stay up and watch the whole game). What the hell happened? 

• Like 1

This gives me some hope. If he plays, I'm playing JJ.

• Drew Lock (shoulder) has resumed throwing.

Lock has been throwing the last two days. His next step will be getting cleared for practice, something that could happen this week. The Broncos are holding out hope Lock can return for Sunday's Patriots matchup.

SOURCE: 9News Denver
    Oct 7, 2020, 10:45 AM ET

•  

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

Yup. Saw that earlier and that was my first thought as well. 

OK, so my biggest issue re; playing him this weekend is their QB situation. Do we even know who's gonna start at this point? Guessing Rypien? He looked pretty good in the first half of that TNF game last week, but I saw where he had a horrible 2nd half (I didn't stay up and watch the whole game). What the hell happened? 

Yeah, there's some concern.   But I don't have a lot of options over Jeudy.   But neither do the Broncos.

I'm starting him with the expectation of at least 10 PPR points but a pretty high ceiling.    

No Fant, no MGIII. Pats will dominate early.

Blowup game for JJ? 👀

1 hour ago, jwilsonxo said:

No Fant, no MGIII. Pats will dominate early.

Blowup game for JJ? 👀

WIll Gilmore be covering him?

5 hours ago, Tugginroot said:

WIll Gilmore be covering him?

that's the question Patrick and Jeudy owners want to know.  i assume they move both around - I mean they are literally the top 2 pass catching options no Gordon, Fant or Hamler.

Each WR should see a minimum of 8 targets, now what they do with them depends on the coverage but NE is bottom 10 against the pass overall, so in a game they'll have to throw one of the WR will feast , just not sure which one.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

that's the question Patrick and Jeudy owners want to know.  i assume they move both around - I mean they are literally the top 2 pass catching options no Gordon, Fant or Hamler.

Each WR should see a minimum of 8 targets, now what they do with them depends on the coverage but NE is bottom 10 against the pass overall, so in a game they'll have to throw one of the WR will feast , just not sure which one.

Normally I would've never visited this thread but as a Brees owner forced to start Lock this week did so and just wanted to say thanks for this as it's given me a little more hope.

Patriots will do what they do best.. eliminate your best offensive weapon. I have seen it happen wayyyyyy to many times. That said, Jerry Jeudy is on my bench.

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Any otber Denver WR > Jeudy in this one says Gilmore.

BB has had 2 weeks to game plan against this offense. 

No Fant and no Gordon means contain Lindsay and double their best WR. 

Just sayin'...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

BB has had 2 weeks to game plan against this offense. 

No Fant and no Gordon means contain Lindsay and double their best WR. 

Just sayin'...

sounds like you guys think Patrick is the safter play over Jeudy

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

sounds like you guys think Patrick is the safter play over Jeudy

all day..yes 

I’m rolling him out and expect a career day from the rookie. He’s improved each week and his targets have steadily increased as well. I think the game is starting to slow down for him and he’s getting more confidence and comfortable in the offense. Plus Lock is back, they had a connection in the off-season and 1st couple of games. I get what everyone is saying about Bill and the Pats, and agree to a certain extent. But it’s 2020, and the unexpected will happen. Too many positive trends for him and the Broncos for me to sit him. I’ll be back in about 4 hours to either float or eat crow.

Edited by Kolp

did GILMORE cover him all game or did TPatrick take over as the #1?  I had high hopes for this kid. bummer

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I'm mad that this guy sucks. I figured Lock coming back would help him. I'm upset.

Haven’t watched much of him but it’s equally upsetting that plenty of other rookie wrs are shining and he isnt. I do blame coaching and injury to the qb.. but not sure if this guy has the goods right now.

also not sure if the nfl is turning into immediate impacts year 1 for wrs are expected vs a few years 

Definitely expected a lot more out of him. A week before the season, Broncos insider said “wherever you’re drafting jeudy, its not high enough”. Apparently he was roasting their d backs and getting open at will in “camp”. Not sure why he hasnt done much. They seem to be using him almost primarily in the slot.  

14 hours ago, cgu112 said:

Definitely expected a lot more out of him. A week before the season, Broncos insider said “wherever you’re drafting jeudy, its not high enough”. Apparently he was roasting their d backs and getting open at will in “camp”. Not sure why he hasnt done much. They seem to be using him almost primarily in the slot.  

I haven't been watching their games closely at all, but I get the sense that the problem in general is just that he's a rookie on a bad team with suspect QB play.