Sign in to follow this  
FouLLine

Jordan Love 2020 Outlook

If I had to toss out an opinion, I would say that there is a rift between Rodgers and the Packers that is much larger than anyone is aware of. I think we can all agree that if Green Bay wanted Love, they could have gotten him much later. Grabbing him in the first round, and trading up to boot, was just a big screw you to Rodgers. Aaron is with the Packers for this year for sure, but the 2022 opt out will most likely be used, leaving Green Bay with a 17 million dollar cap hit. 

Drafting Love as the heir apparent isn't a bad idea because wherever he landed, he would have to sit and learn. And sitting behind Rodgers for at least for a year isn't a bad way to start your NFL career. 

• Thanks 2

Matt LaFleur apparently doesn't like Rodgers or Aaron Jones?

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Saints picking a first-round center after trading up for a second-round center last year (who started 16 games and has pro bowlers on either side, lol) is dumber. Lol. 

Ruiz can likely be moved over Guard

2 hours ago, ncbobcats said:

If I had to toss out an opinion, I would say that there is a rift between Rodgers and the Packers that is much larger than anyone is aware of. I think we can all agree that if Green Bay wanted Love, they could have gotten him much later. Grabbing him in the first round, and trading up to boot, was just a big screw you to Rodgers. Aaron is with the Packers for this year for sure, but the 2022 opt out will most likely be used, leaving Green Bay with a 17 million dollar cap hit. 

Drafting Love as the heir apparent isn't a bad idea because wherever he landed, he would have to sit and learn. And sitting behind Rodgers for at least for a year isn't a bad way to start your NFL career. 

Interesting perspective.  If they’re considering moving on from Rodgers...then it makes more sense.    Good luck with that Lafleur.  On a 12-4 team with a HOF qb— it’s bold and arrogant to say the least.   

️  Let the sparks fly ️ 

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Interesting perspective.  If they’re considering moving on from Rodgers...then it makes more sense.    Good luck with that Lafleur.  On a 12-4 team with a HOF qb— it’s bold and arrogant to say the least.   

️  Let the sparks fly ️ 

Imagine the Patriots telling Brady to pack his bags 

Saints telling Brees he’s done 

Yankees telling Jeter he isn’t it anymore

Good luck with that if it’s the case. I’m sure it’ll end well...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Love will see the field this year, that Baaaaaaad man who's made of glass has now become the saaaaaaaaad man. And will be on his way out of GB just like what happened to Favre. 

Now Favre can mend fences with him.  No one knows what its like to feel these feelings like he does

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

️  Let the sparks fly ️ 

Well Rodgers seems like an arrogant prick so I wouldnt be surprised if there is some rift between them already. That being said Love isnt the type of QB you take in the 1st round, let alone trade up for. Not to mention GB not even drafting one WR in a deep draft is just as mind boggling.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, BrianM said:

Now Favre can mend fences with him.  No one knows what its like to feel these feelings like he does

The Favre situation is a bit different though. Favre was threatening to retire every single season ad nauseaum, holding the team at back on what they needed to do each season, build for him or rebuild. As well, that was 20 years ago, before insane nutrition, better training techniques, and new QB rules allowed QB's to play at a high level into even the mid 40's now. Rodgers is only 36, with easily 4 years left of what you would think is prime football still left. Assessing all of that, and this is just completely asinine of a move. There must have been a major falling out between Rodgers and the Coach or GM or both. That's the only thing that could have caused such an insane draft choice here. I also think this is his last season in Green Bay.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1

Love would pretty much have to be a Hall of Famer to justify potentially squandering the opportunity The Packers have with Rodgers last few seasons of his career.  They could have filled a big need for the next 3 seasons with any non QB/RB 1st rounder as well as fill another need with the 4th rounder they gave up on the back end to move up 4 picks. 

Instead they are going to end up waiting 3+ seasons to play Love.  I just still can't get over this, 20 TDs to 17 picks in college!  Say Tua fell to 12 or 13 and then they traded up I would honestly almost be okay with that because at least Tua has shown some glimpses of transcendent talent and only slipped to 5 overall in the draft because of injury concerns.

• Like 1

Slightly comical how more than a few people think GB reached for Love at 26 (they ultimately may have, but impossible to make a definitive verdict), or even worse that his TD-to-INT ratio last year is of massive significance. He had a great 2018 and then lost his entire supporting cast (WRs/RBs) and I believe head coach left too?

I think that Love is a very volatile, but there are some awesome crude ingredients with him. I highly doubt he is ready to play, not that it matters with Rodgers anyways. 

I am not saying it was a good pick by GB, we won't know for awhile. I def would have gone with a WR, but it seems like LaFleur/Guty are swinging for the fence and want to get the QB of the future in the building. It has been highly suspected that they did not care for how off script Rodgers was operating.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, ncbobcats said:

Green Bay could not have gotten him much later. Maybe at their spot at 30. But no shot of getting him in the 2nd round. 

Our (Chiefs) GM Brett Veach said they were getting tons of calls to trade up into the first until the Packers took Love.

No doubt in my mind that Colts/Steelers would have moved into late 1st/early 2nd to grab him if the Packers if he slipped too much farther than where he was taken

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2020 at 9:51 PM, FouLLine said:

Love would pretty much have to be a Hall of Famer to justify potentially squandering the opportunity The Packers have with Rodgers last few seasons of his career.  They could have filled a big need for the next 3 seasons with any non QB/RB 1st rounder as well as fill another need with the 4th rounder they gave up on the back end to move up 4 picks. 

Instead they are going to end up waiting 3+ seasons to play Love.  I just still can't get over this, 20 TDs to 17 picks in college!  Say Tua fell to 12 or 13 and then they traded up I would honestly almost be okay with that because at least Tua has shown some glimpses of transcendent talent and only slipped to 5 overall in the draft because of injury concerns.

Packers don't have nearly as much opportunity as you would think. They were nothing special last year: a 9-win team that had good close game luck. That kind of stuff always normalizes (see: 2018 Bears, 2017 Jaguars). 

Worst 13-win team I have ever seen: barely beating garbage teams like the Redskins, David Blough-led Lions, getting pasted by the Chargers, needing the refs to beat the Lions with Stafford. Only reason they snuck by Seahawks was because half their team was dead by playoff time.

Of the real teams they played, the only one they beat had "prime-time Kirk."

They were frauds last year--two clear tiers below the top contenders, and they know it. That's why they drafted Love.

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1