Flyman75

Joe Burrow 2020 Outlook

I’ll be the LSU fan and start the Joe Burrow thread lol. I hate the landing spot because of ownership, but I really hope he can somehow change the culture in Cincy. The Bengals must build an OL for him. 

23 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I’ll be the LSU fan and start the Joe Burrow thread lol. I hate the landing spot because of ownership, but I really hope he can somehow change the culture in Cincy. The Bengals must build an OL for him. 

Waaay worse landing spots for a first-overall pick.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Waaay worse landing spots for a first-overall pick.

I’m not convinced Cincy is committed to winning a championship, and neither is the Burrow family. I do like the Higgins pick, but they have to give him some help up front. 

Really wish they used that 2nd round pick on OL. They were fine at WR.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Really wish they used that 2nd round pick on OL. They were fine at WR.

they have their first round pick from last year Jonah Williams returning from injury, and they grabbed the Cowboys guard in free agency Xavier Su'a-filo. On paper, the line should be better than last season. They certainly surrounded Burrow with plenty of wr talent, especially if Green plays. 

But yea, there's still some doubts about that o-line

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Bust like you read about.

Bust? So correct me if I'm wrong...you said you were sold on CEH after watching what he did to your Clemson team. But you're not sold on Burrow after watching what he did to the same team? 

Edited by Flyman75

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Bust? So correct me if I'm wrong...you said you were sold on CEH after watching what he did to your Clemson team. But you're not sold on Burrow after watching what he did to the same team? 

I'll correct myself...you said watching what CEH did to Clemson plus his offense...and that you'd probably be in. But Burrow did a number on Clemson, as well. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I'll correct myself...you said watching what CEH did to Clemson plus his offense...and that you'd probably be in. But Burrow did a number on Clemson, as well. 

Lol he wont bust. He’s going to a team whose last 2 full time qb’s were carson palmer and andy dalton. They werent busts, and burrow’s more talented than both. 

4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Burrow's Mahome's age, why did it take him so long? Think last season was a fluke and he busts hard.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chippa said:

Lol he wont bust. He’s going to a team whose last 2 full time qb’s were carson palmer and andy dalton. They werent busts, and burrow’s more talented than both. 

You obviously never saw Palmer play. Injuries messed him up. He was awesome.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 2

He didn't look all that thrilled when he got drafted by Cincy. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

You obviously never saw Palmer play. Injuries messed him up. He was awesome.

...Hmm, yea he had a strong arm, and he played well for cincinnati even after the steelers took his knee out. But Burrow has the better accuracy and mobility

Edited by Chippa

9 minutes ago, Chippa said:

...Hmm, yea he had a strong arm, and he played well for cincinnati even after the steelers took his knee out. But Burrow has the better accuracy and mobility

Ahhh. Not gonna argue. 

18 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

He didn't look all that thrilled when he got drafted by Cincy. 

He's known he's going there for like three months now.

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Ahhh. Not gonna argue. 

No no I get it. Your opinion is that palmer was a better talent than burrow. I cant really argue that. It’s your opinion. Palmer was a great talent, but I think burrow has more

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

No no I get it. Your opinion is that palmer was a better talent than burrow. I cant really argue that. It’s your opinion. Palmer was a great talent, but I think burrow has more

Yeah no worries. I want Tee to crush it so I hope Burrow is great.

11 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Burrow's Mahome's age, why did it take him so long? Think last season was a fluke and he busts hard.

I fail to see what age has to do with it. But to keep it short, the reason he was at OhioSt was because the OC wanted him badly, not the HC. But Urban gave in...and then that OC left to go be the HC at Houston. Urban never really was a believer in Burrow, so Burrow stayed buried on the depth chart...hence his transfer to LSU. He got to BR late in the summer and didn't have time to really work with his WRs, and he didn't have a great 2018. But if you look over the last 1/3 of the season, you see him begin to emerge. Over those four games, he completed 67 percent of his passes for 1,166 yards, 10 TD, 1 Int...in just a basic, pro-style offense. And then last year he had arguably the greatest season a college QB has ever had. He never even had a "bad" game...his worst rated game was against Auburn when he completed 76 percent of his passes and threw for 321 but had only 1 TD. 

I frankly don't get your point about age or time. Look at his film...watch him play...watch what he does...look at his intangibles. I'm not one to make bold proclamations, but I'll say that I'll be surprised if Burrow is a bust.

There was absolutely nothing flukish about his 2019 season. But since you think it's a fluke...explain why. What made 2019 a fluke? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I fail to see what age has to do with it. But to keep it short, the reason he was at OhioSt was because the OC wanted him badly, not the HC. But Urban gave in...and then that OC left to go be the HC at Houston. Urban never really was a believer in Burrow, so Burrow stayed buried on the depth chart...hence his transfer to LSU. He got to BR late in the summer and didn't have time to really work with his WRs, and he didn't have a great 2018. But if you look over the last 1/3 of the season, you see him begin to emerge. Over those four games, he completed 67 percent of his passes for 1,166 yards, 10 TD, 1 Int...in just a basic, pro-style offense. And then last year he had arguably the greatest season a college QB has ever had. He never even had a "bad" game...his worst rated game was against Auburn when he completed 76 percent of his passes and threw for 321 but had only 1 TD. 

I frankly don't get your point about age or time. Look at his film...watch him play...watch what he does...look at his intangibles. I'm not one to make bold proclamations, but I'll say that I'll be surprised if Burrow is a bust.

There was absolutely nothing flukish about his 2019 season. But since you think it's a fluke...explain why. What made 2019 a fluke? 

Maybe what he did in 2018 vs 2019

He had a historic season, 1 season. With a team full of NFL talent (a record from 1 draft I think)

He was also running the saints offense, not the Zac Taylor offense in Cinncinati.

I think he is a good guy and hope he succeeds but I'm pretty sure the detractors will say he transferred away from competition at Ohio State, then had a bad year at LSU in 2018, then they hired Joe Brady to run the Saints offense and Burrow put up the best college season ever. It leads some to believe was it Joe finally breaking into his own as a QB? Or a product of the system Joe Brady brought?

Yep. Joe Burrow is the product of the LSU system. That ability to handle pressure and maneuver the pocket? Joe Brady. The superb accuracy on downfield passes? Joe Brady.