LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

Workhorse RB with track speed (4.39). I absolutely love the landing spot with the Colts. Marlon Mack is a good back but nothing too special and injury prone. Elite offensive line and should be very good offense with Rivers. Also, very good HC and GM. Redraft and Dynasty I likey.

• Like 2

One minor nick is probable lack of passing-game usage.  Otherwise, it’s an excellent climate.

23 minutes ago, BMcP said:

One minor nick is probable lack of passing-game usage.  Otherwise, it’s an excellent climate.

Isn’t Rivers the check down king?

Turned Melvin Gordon into a ppr phenom when Gordon didn’t catch much  at Wisconsin?

I keep thinking ball security is the only obstacle with Taylor, especially behind this beastly line.

• Like 2

I was loving Marlon Mack when Phil came to town, now not so much.

Redraft leagues, this looks like a mess to me, but so is every RB situation after tonight so whatevs.

• Like 1

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Mack is a UFA in 2021, so its a good dynasty pick

Mack will be injured early. Taylor will have this backfield and the rest is history with this line. Even when Mack plays, it seems to be questionable.

• Like 1

Hoping this guy hangs around later in drafts and i can get him cheap bc people fear Mack- aka Nick Chubb Syndrome.   I think he can be dominant, especially with that line hopefully keeping Rivers clean and opening up holes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Hoping this guy hangs around later in drafts and i can get him cheap bc people fear Mack- aka Nick Chubb Syndrome.   I think he can be dominant, especially with that line hopefully keeping Rivers clean and opening up holes.  

i bet taylor is going in the 1st round by the time an actual fantasy draft happens. 

• Like 1

It's a weird situation and even though i love the talent he will most likely be a DND.

Mack is a good RB. He is a patient runner with good vision. It's not like Mack is a system RB that Taylor can just replace. He's an actual legit RB. Hines is still going to see a lot of 3rd down work as he is a good route runner and a good 3rd down back.

Bleh. No thanks. I'm not going to draft a guy that you have to hope for an injury in order for him to get legit work. He's going to be another one of those RBs going in the 3rd-5th round where people will say "He's talented so he HAS to take over the backfield." Problem is Mack is talented also. 

The pick also makes zero sense from the Colts perspective. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

It's a weird situation and even though i love the talent he will most likely be a DND.

Mack is a good RB. He is a patient runner with good vision. It's not like Mack is a system RB that Taylor can just replace. He's an actual legit RB. Hines is still going to see a lot of 3rd down work as he is a good route runner and a good 3rd down back.

Bleh. No thanks. I'm not going to draft a guy that you have to hope for an injury in order for him to get legit work. He's going to be another one of those RBs going in the 3rd-5th round where people will say "He's talented so he HAS to take over the backfield." Problem is Mack is talented also. 

Welcome to America!  First time following the draft?  Happy to help...  Please Google... Chris Ballard, Marlon Mack, and Colts Offensive Line.  
Then in September, tune into CBS Sunday morning at 10am and don’t forget to wear your glasses.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Proteus said:

Isn’t Rivers the check down king?

Turned Melvin Gordon into a ppr phenom when Gordon didn’t catch much  at Wisconsin?

I keep thinking ball security is the only obstacle with Taylor, especially behind this beastly line.

Only after Woodhead tore his ACL and SD didn’t replace him (until Ekeler 2 seasons later).

Hines is locked into the receiving RB role for IND. 

And Mack is good enough to keep JT on a very short fumbling leash.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The pick makes sense. Reich loves RBBC and he now has one for cheap.

Reminds me 100% of Nick Chubb situation entering league. I expect it to work out similarly, down to the long term committee type approach, with JT playing the 2 down Chubb role, due to coaching and FO preferences in both Indy and Cleveland for that approach. In 2 years JT will be a high floor low ceiling back end RB1 getting 300 carries and 30-40 targets per year behind a great O line. 1400 yards rushing, 300 yards receiving, 10 TDs are the kind of seasons I expect out of him, like Chubb

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

"It's a weird situation and even though I love the talent he will most likely be a DND. Mack is a good RB. He is a patient runner with good vision. It's not like Mack is a system RB that Taylor can just replace. He's an actual legit RB. Hines is still going to see a lot of 3rd down work as he is a good route runner and a good 3rd down back. Bleh. No thanks. I'm not going to draft a guy that you have to hope for an injury in order for him to get legit work. He's going to be another one of those RBs going in the 3rd-5th round where people will say "He's talented so he HAS to take over the backfield." Problem is Mack is talented also. The pick also makes zero sense from the Colts perspective."

I was leaning toward Mack, but unlike you, I'm not going to assume I know their player better than they do. When Mack came out, everything I have listed him at 205lb & they list him now at 210. A lot of surface area & not enough armor, he needed to get bigger & stronger & he hasn't done it! Too upright, wasn't comfortable taking it up inside & wouldn't finish. Now, we can believe that since that was 3 years ago, Mack has laid to rest those concerns. But this acquisition would seemingly suggest otherwise! I get the part about his contract, but that only adds to the fact they don't believe in him right now! Or, not enough to roll with just him. 

About a month ago I guess, someone put out there (may have been Mack's camp) that an extension was in the works, but Irsay publicly refuted that. Totally NG. So, Mack can go out there & mix it up, bang away, but they're not going to reward him for it. That being the premise, they're in a much better position to know how Mack is apt to respond than you or I. All I know is that I'll be drafting in early July & Taylor could be a later-mid round pick. I'm in!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Colts now got a stud RB & their first since Marshall Faulk & Edgerrin James nice pick by them. 

Edited by Rush2112
  • Like 1

They didn’t spend a 2nd and a 5th to replace a two down back with a year left on his deal with another two down back. Taylor is going to be a workhorse.

• Like 2

My concern about Taylor as a prospect is that the offense was built around him and that O-Line was filled with NFL players.

Then again I had the same concerns about MGIII.  And Ron Dayne.  So I guess we'll see.

at least we can all finally agree that Jordan Wilkins is a scrub

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

My concern about Taylor as a prospect is that the offense was built around him and that O-Line was filled with NFL players.

Then again I had the same concerns about MGIII.  And Ron Dayne.  So I guess we'll see.

well he now goes to the Colts with a dominant Oline- including the best run blocking guy in the league.   And a scatback in Hines to handle some of the passing work.   Mack can be released after 2020.    All sounds extremely promising.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2

Just now, Impreza178 said:

well he now goes to the Colts with a dominant Oline- including the best run blocking guy in the league.   And a scatback in Hines to handle some of the passing work.   Mack can be released after 2020.    All sounds extremely promising.  

No doubt, stick anyone behind Nelson and they can get the job done.

I preferred Swift and Dobbins, but it's picking nits a bit because they all had good lines.

Guess we'll see.  The guys I want from this offense are Hilton and Doyle for redraft.

5 hours ago, LostAtSea said:

Reminds me 100% of Nick Chubb situation entering league. I expect it to work out similarly, down to the long term committee type approach, with JT playing the 2 down Chubb role, due to coaching and FO preferences in both Indy and Cleveland for that approach. In 2 years JT will be a high floor low ceiling back end RB1 getting 300 carries and 30-40 targets per year behind a great O line. 1400 yards rushing, 300 yards receiving, 10 TDs are the kind of seasons I expect out of him, like Chubb

Completely agree. Only question for dynasty IMO is whether this is better than CEH in KC. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Completely agree. Only question for dynasty IMO is whether this is better than CEH in KC. 

I'm leaning CEH.

Everything coming out of KC and the other teams FOs have convinced me that the worries that I had that were clouding my profile of CEH were overblown and to trust his tape and production going to that system. He's not too small and won't be a COP back. Veach loves him as their "next franchise RB", Reid said he was "better than" Westbrook, Mahomes hand-picked him, other FOs were quoted saying they were "pissed" and "distraught" that he wouldnt be there early 2nd.

As of now - subject to change - I'm all in on CEH.

9 hours ago, joshua18 said:

The pick makes sense. 

12 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The pick also makes zero sense

wA3z6XF.gif 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

wA3z6XF.gif 

Go with the poster who was right about CMAC from day 1, not the one who mocked his greatness until it was well too late to buy low.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Go with the poster who was right about CMAC from day 1, not the one who mocked his greatness until it was well too late to buy low.

Hey did you guys know that joshua18 said CMC was going to be good from day 1? I sure didn't know. Thanks for the weekly reminder that you, the all knowing and mighty, predicted that CMC who was a top 10 pick was going to be a good NFL RB.

giphy.gif

• Haha 7