LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

If Nyheim Hines is catching 10 passes per game then Reich should start freshening up his cover letter

I took liberties with that quote - but he did say don’t be surprised if that happens.

Incidentally, if Hines did manage that pace, it would probably mean this was one of the most productive offenses in recent memory.

I think it’s worth mentioning that Frank Reich was the OC for the chargers when Danny Woodhead was a RB1 for most of the year (2013 maybe?). And he’s got his boy Rivers back, I think Hines is worth a late round pick just to see what happens.

3 hours ago, Breesus said:

I think it’s worth mentioning that Frank Reich was the OC for the chargers when Danny Woodhead was a RB1 for most of the year (2013 maybe?). And he’s got his boy Rivers back, I think Hines is worth a late round pick just to see what happens.

Hines is going to be a solid bye week filler. That’s pretty much his ceiling and his floor so there’s very little interest in drafting him. He’d need 2 injuries to even have a real chance at low end RB2 numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Hines is going to be a solid bye week filler. That’s pretty much his ceiling and his floor so there’s very little interest in drafting him. He’d need 2 injuries to even have a real chance at low end RB2 numbers. 

Yeah I agree, I just read that information and thought it interesting. 

Really tried to end that sentence with a “wood” joke but couldn’t find it. Disappointing 

This man has me feeling some kind of way this year. It maybe practice, but how long can mack actually hang on, before losing out to him. At this point Mack is merely holding his jock strap and fetching him some water. 

2018 I fell for the Royce Freeman hype train

2019 I fell for the David Montgomery hype train 

2020 I’ll get on the JT train but feel like I actually won’t regret it since he’s got an unreal O-line and Mack just isn’t that great 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

This man has me feeling some kind of way this year. It maybe practice, but how long can mack actually hang on, before losing out to him. At this point Mack is merely holding his jock strap and fetching him some water. 

Are you in my league??? Lol. I posted in our Discord channel today that by game 5, Mack would be fetching JT's gatorade bottle. :D 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 8:53 PM, daethfromabove1979 said:

2018 I fell for the Royce Freeman hype train

2019 I fell for the David Montgomery hype train 

2020 I’ll get on the JT train but feel like I actually won’t regret it since he’s got an unreal O-line and Mack just isn’t that great 

2017 I fell for the Joe Mixon hype train. 

I want to just avoid moderately expensive rookie RBs in general but they always pull me back in somehow. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:39 PM, BMcP said:

Incidentally, if Hines did manage that pace, it would probably mean this was one of the most productive offenses in recent memory.

And one of the least productive defenses in all probability.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

It's still flag football, but this kid has potential to be a homerun for some people. I expect him to move up some draft boards quickly :)

30 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It's still flag football, but this kid has potential to be a homerun for some people. I expect him to move up some draft boards quickly :)

... and so refreshing to see a highlight that isn't besieged by crap "music" 

🍾

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

20 pages for a rookie second round pick. Definitely drafting this guy. 

Just be prepared to pay a premium for him. His stock is rising by the day!

23 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

What round does everyone value him in? I see his ADP right now in round 4/5 range. 

He's gonna be gone before the mid 4th in most all of my leagues. He seems to be settling in mid 3rd in most of the best balls I am doing on myFFPC.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's gonna be gone before the mid 4th in most all of my leagues. He seems to be settling in mid 3rd in most of the best balls I am doing on myFFPC.

Yep.  I'm looking at him as a potential RB2 to start the season with the potential to end up a top 8 RB as time goes on.

IMO, he's safer than Gurley/Bell, etc.  assuming you constructed a good roster to that point.  

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Yep.  I'm looking at him as a potential RB2 to start the season with the potential to end up a top 8 RB as time goes on.

IMO, he's safer than Gurley/Bell, etc.  assuming you constructed a good roster to that point.  

Yeah I am a swing for the fence type, so I am taking him ahead of Gurley, Bell, Gordon, Montgomery and even Fournette. He is just after Conner/Carson tier for me. Right there with Akers in that area.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

See this is where i struggle, thats 2 picks you make with him going in the 3rd round as we are seeing more of, not sure if you can judge if you have a "good" roster after the first two rounds, gotta be at the 3/4 turn for me to take him, "potential" to be a RB2 in the 3rd round, or you can get an established RB2 in the 3rd, those guys who swing for fences obv will prefer the potential as thats their fav word hah but round 3 isnt for me unless we talking the last few picks in the 3rd

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I am a swing for the fence type, so I am taking him ahead of Gurley, Bell, Gordon, Montgomery and even Fournette. He is just after Conner/Carson tier for me. Right there with Akers in that area.

So you have Conner/Carson as a tier above the Bell/Fournette tier? with Akers in that same tier with Bell/LF? Gurley/Montgomery fall within which tier? (im not really looking to draft either but just curious on those two)

Who else would you have in that Conner Carson Taylor tier id be interested to know as well, your tiers seem to set up fairly different from mine so id like to see exactly where you have guys hah

Posted (edited)

Ok so do you guys think it would be worth taking Taylor at 3.01 if you’re in a 1 keeper league? It’s a lot of draft capitol for this year but he will probably be a top 10 pick next year. 

By the time I’m at this pick I only have McCaffrey, then the rb choices are the Bell,DJ,Connor,Taylor tier. And I like so many receivers in rounds 4-6 it’s a tough spot. Cause I really don’t like any of the rb’s I just mentioned at 3.01, besides maybe Taylor for that keeper value.

Replies would be appreciated

Edited by Breesus

Theres train stop you should get off on and then some you should stay on for. You better not get off of this hype train. You'll be holding the Sacko this year. Taylor behind that line is like Ralphie getting his red Ryder action BB gun. Christmas is coming. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This right here ^^

1 hour ago, Breesus said:

Ok so do you guys think it would be worth taking Taylor at 3.01 if you’re in a 1 keeper league? It’s a lot of draft capitol for this year but he will probably be a top 10 pick next year. 

By the time I’m at this pick I only have McCaffrey, then the rb choices are the Bell,DJ,Connor,Taylor tier. And I like so many receivers in rounds 4-6 it’s a tough spot. Cause I really don’t like any of the rb’s I just mentioned at 3.01, besides maybe Taylor for that keeper value.

Replies would be appreciated

I would.  But, I always play for upside.  Taylor is immensely talented, and think he gets 70% of the work by week 4.  Next year, he should go off.

• Thanks 1

His ADP is moving up in mocks which stinks, but that's FF.

I'm #2 in a 10 man, and I almost always had him at the 4/5 turn...but now he's rarely there. I'd have to reach for him at 3.02. Ugh.

I'm a big believer in going for who you want, regardless of ADP after the 2nd. Wish I had some pre season games to watch him, and how the coaches view him.

Anybody crazy like me and think he will actually outproduce CEH? (Standard Scoring, PPR I doubt it.) Maybe not on the season as a whole but let’s say weeks 4-16?

• Like 1