LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

No, the receiving numbers are low because they take him out on third down and don't throw to him the first two downs. Maybe he's great but the team/coaches he plays for don't have the confidence you have in his ability to catch the ball. 

that is true that they do sub him but you do have to factor in the time he has missed...he does catch passes and much better than taylor at this point...i get you drafted taylor so no point in going back and forth...

Edited by Power-O

36 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

No, the receiving numbers are low because they take him out on third down and don't throw to him the first two downs. Maybe he's great but the team/coaches he plays for don't have the confidence you have in his ability to catch the ball. 

here is a vid of mack wearing a camera during practice...dude catching the ball with no issues

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

here is a vid of mack wearing a camera during practice...dude catching the ball with no issues

Like he'll post a video where he drops everything.

Also, he's a professional football plater. He better be able to catch during practice with zero defenders.

5 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Like he'll post a video where he drops everything.

Also, he's a professional football plater. He better be able to catch during practice with zero defenders.

im jus saying man...we will see what happens

Just now, Power-O said:

im jus saying man...we will see what happens

Had him the last two years.....BEST CASE is he's in a time share w/ Taylor as the two down back.

They also said Jonathan Taylor can't catch, but there he was scoring a receiving touchdown. Taylor will get some workloads. Mack will hold Taylors water bottle and get him his towel.

• Like 2

With the news of Taylor catching passes in practice, what do you think it does for the value of Nyheim Hines?  He was recently cut to waivers in 2 PPR leagues I'm in and I was thinking of scooping him up but think it may not even be worth it.

12 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

With the news of Taylor catching passes in practice, what do you think it does for the value of Nyheim Hines?  He was recently cut to waivers in 2 PPR leagues I'm in and I was thinking of scooping him up but think it may not even be worth it.

let the situation materialize unless you truly have someone worth dropping for no reason. 

Hines may be a decent bye-week filler in full ppr leagues.  That's about it.  We are about to enter the Jonathan Taylor era in Indy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hines may be a decent bye-week filler in full ppr leagues.  That's about it.  We are about to enter the Jonathan Taylor era in Indy.

pat morita nod GIF

This might be a unpopular opinion but instead of Taylor, why not wait for Swift or Dobbins later? It’s hard for me to come to grips with the fact that Mack is clearly not a JAG so even if Taylor wins the RB battle, you’d think that this would take a few weeks of true RBBC before Taylor is the starter. I’m seeing him drafted late 3rd and early 4th. Yes his talent is undeniable but his situation worries me a bit. Are you really plugging him as a RB1/RB2 going into week1?

5 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

This might be a unpopular opinion but instead of Taylor, why not wait for Swift or Dobbins later? It’s hard for me to come to grips with the fact that Mack is clearly not a JAG so even if Taylor wins the RB battle, you’d think that this would take a few weeks of true RBBC before Taylor is the starter. I’m seeing him drafted late 3rd and early 4th. Yes his talent is undeniable but his situation worries me a bit. Are you really plugging him as a RB1/RB2 going into week1?

He’s my RB 4 

10 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Mack is definitely worse than Ingram, less talented than Kerryon (but more reliable), the Colts will likely hand/dump off to the RBs more than the Ravens or Lions, and the Colts have the best o-line of the group.

Ingram is less likely to lose his role than Mack, Ingram is the heart and soul of the team. Swift is the guy who could potentially end up with the featured role, but he probably won’t get a heavy dose of early down handoffs and he also is probably going to get vultured at the goal line.

Edited by MJJ28

Projections on the kid for 2020 ? Indy or JT fans care to chime in.  Got him at 4.01 as my Flex 

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Mack is definitely worse than Ingram, less talented than Kerryon (but more reliable), the Colts will likely hand/dump off to the RBs more than the Ravens or Lions, and the Colts have the best o-line of the group.

Ingram is less likely to lose his role than Mack, Ingram is the heart and soul of the team.

I agree with all of your assessments on the Dobbins situation.
Having said that, Dobbins is going 2 full rounds later so you’re being compensated for that ADP. I would also argue that even though Colts may have a better O line on paper, the Ravens offense has a better chance of supporting 2 viable RBs, especially since Ingram gets about 200 rushes a season.

Now if you grab both Taylor and Mack as insurance then perhaps the 3rd round pick is justified but at that spot, why not go for Carson or Ingram instead?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

He’s my RB 4 

Cool story bro.  How does this affect Marlon Mack?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

One thing that may have been mentioned already.. Marlon Mack is injury prone.  FWIW, Mack has a 94% probablility of injury - third most likely RB to get injured behind only Fournette and Dalvin Cook, tied with Gurley, per: https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/rankings?InjuryPredictorRankingsForm[position]=RB 

For reference, Sony Michel is at 77% on this site.  Don't know their methodology, but methinks the Colts are aware of a Mack injury possibility, meaning more early opportunities for Jonathan Taylor?  I hope so.  Went zero RB and drafted him as my RB2.

Date Injury Analysis
Nov 17, 2019 Hand Metacarpal Fracture Mack broke his hand in Week 11 and has had surgery to repair it. He missed two games
Nov 25, 2018 Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Mack sustained a concussion but was cleared by the following weekend.
Sep 16, 2018 Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Mack re-injured his hamstring and missed 3 more games.
Aug 9, 2018 Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Mack injured his hamstring in the preseason opener and was sidelined until Week 2.
Sep 17, 2017 Shoulder Labrum Tear Mack tore the labrum in his shoulder in Week 2. He missed 2 games and then underwent surgery in the offseason.
Sep 3, 2016 Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Mack sustained a concussion in the 2016 opener and missed the next game.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

One thing that may have been mentioned already.. Marlon Mack is injury prone.  FWIW, Mack has a 94% probablility of injury - third most likely RB to get injured behind only Fournette and Dalvin Cook, tied with Gurley, per: https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/rankings?InjuryPredictorRankingsForm[position]=RB 

For reference, Sony Michel is at 77% on this site.  Don't know their methodology, but methinks the Colts are aware of a Mack injury possibility, meaning more early opportunities for Jonathan Taylor?  I hope so.  Went zero RB and drafted him as my RB2.

Date Injury Analysis
Nov 17, 2019 Hand Metacarpal Fracture Mack broke his hand in Week 11 and has had surgery to repair it. He missed two games
Nov 25, 2018 Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Mack sustained a concussion but was cleared by the following weekend.
Sep 16, 2018 Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Mack re-injured his hamstring and missed 3 more games.
Aug 9, 2018 Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Mack injured his hamstring in the preseason opener and was sidelined until Week 2.
Sep 17, 2017 Shoulder Labrum Tear Mack tore the labrum in his shoulder in Week 2. He missed 2 games and then underwent surgery in the offseason.
Sep 3, 2016 Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Mack sustained a concussion in the 2016 opener and missed the next game.

By definition, zero RB = no RBs in the first 5 rounds (from Siegele, who created zero RB). Even modified zero RB has no more than 1 RB in the first 6 rounds.  I doubt that Taylor was available in the 7th as your RB2.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MBarbarian said:

For reference, Sony Michel is at 77% on this site.  Don't know their methodology, but methinks the Colts are aware of a Mack injury possibility, meaning more early opportunities for Jonahan Taylor?  I hope so.  Went zero RB and drafted him as my RB2.

How does one go zero RB yet draft 2 RBs by the 3rd/4th round?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, furbz420 said:

How does one go zero RB yet draft 2 RBs by the 3rd/4th round?

its the 0.5 RB lol i did the o wr strategy this yr...didnt draft one till round 5

Edited by Power-O

On 6/19/2020 at 12:18 PM, Gohawks said:

You don’t draft lottery tickets in the 4th round. Taylor is a lottery ticket being taken where established RBs are being taken. 

This guys an idiot.

I drafted Taylor in the back end of the 3rd round. 

• Haha 2

I took him in the 4th. Upside is crazy high, I also have 2 other rookies in  moss and gibson sitting on the bench. I have a feeling he might just pop off week 1, nice little matchup against the jags who essentially are tanking!?

Edited by apirate

Alright guys, I've been offered Taylor for Jerry Jeudy and Alexander Mattison.in a 12 team standard league. 

Mattison is my only RB on the bench, and I've got Jeudy and McLaurin on the bench for WR's.  Take Taylor or nah?

Edited by ehwq

On 9/2/2020 at 10:53 PM, WaiverLooter said:

I agree with all of your assessments on the Dobbins situation.
Having said that, Dobbins is going 2 full rounds later so you’re being compensated for that ADP. I would also argue that even though Colts may have a better O line on paper, the Ravens offense has a better chance of supporting 2 viable RBs, especially since Ingram gets about 200 rushes a season.

Now if you grab both Taylor and Mack as insurance then perhaps the 3rd round pick is justified but at that spot, why not go for Carson or Ingram instead?

Because fantasy football is about looking ahead-  not behind.   Carson is unlikely to finish the season as usual...and has a messy cuff situation.  Ingram will be ceding a significant amount of touches to dobbins by midseason.   And dobbins isn’t a cheap cuff.   Plus Lamar will run for close to 1000.  

JT will be more than a timeshare guy or sitting in the cold tub.  A dash of patience and a slice of faith is all that’s required.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2