LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

Picked 4 OA full PPR 14 teamer, went RB-WR-RB. Fresh Prince at 4th. Got Taylor @3.4. All the other remaining RB of note was white, Ingram, Monster, Fournette, Singletary. Rest where backup RBs. Picked up Dobbins next. (Hubt went just before)

Taylor not going to last 3rd round. If he starts or gets the bulk, its over, if he is as advertised, running behind an elite O line. Got to take that gamble.

Not to mention Rivers made Ekeler check down King!! In a full PPR? JT is a league buster if he takes the reigns.

Edited by Boogerloo

48 minutes ago, ehwq said:

Alright guys, I've been offered Taylor for Jerry Jeudy and Alexander Mattison.in a 12 team standard league. 

Mattison is my only RB on the bench, and I've got Jeudy and McLaurin on the bench for WR's.  Take Taylor or nah?

I sure as hell, would.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ehwq said:

Alright guys, I've been offered Taylor for Jerry Jeudy and Alexander Mattison.in a 12 team standard league. 

Mattison is my only RB on the bench, and I've got Jeudy and McLaurin on the bench for WR's.  Take Taylor or nah?

AC but no brainer..

6 hours ago, Boogerloo said:

Picked 4 OA full PPR 14 teamer, went RB-WR-RB. Fresh Prince at 4th. Got Taylor @3.4. All the other remaining RB of note was white, Ingram, Monster, Fournette, Singletary. Rest where backup RBs. Picked up Dobbins next. (Hubt went just before)

Taylor not going to last 3rd round. If he starts or gets the bulk, its over, if he is as advertised, running behind an elite O line. Got to take that gamble.

Not to mention Rivers made Ekeler check down King!! In a full PPR? JT is a league buster if he takes the reigns.

Nobody cares about your team..

steals on Hubt and Monster though

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ehwq said:

I don't know how to handle any of this.

ACCEPT.

is it too early to take taylor at the 2/3 turn in full ppr 12 team leagues? where does everyone feel comfortable taking him? 

Like him more in dynasty than redraft. Just not sold on him taking over this backfield....this year. Reich likes to rotate. Then you add in Taylor’s fumbling issues and Hines possible 3rd down/passing down role, and you’re looking at headaches all season long. Mack is underrated in his own right. Just my opinion. Good luck. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dannyz6969 said:

is it too early to take taylor at the 2/3 turn in full ppr 12 team leagues? where does everyone feel comfortable taking him? 

Its not to early because he wont be there when you draft next. I would feel comfortable in round 4 but there's very little chance of him still being there.

Question for you guys that think he has a super high ceiling THIS year....why is that? I know Taylor is a great runner with great measurables, and they drafted him in the second. But are you assuming injuries to Mack/Hines for Taylor to be an RB1? Mack was heavily used last year and is still super young and Hines is a great passing down back. Just don't see the 4th round price tag with an injury, and the pure presence of Taylor reduces Mack's touches and chance of injury IMO.

Love this dude as an IRL option more than fantasy for year 1.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boogerloo said:

Nobody cares about your team.

Nobody cares about your draft.

• Thanks 1

Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter has connections to the Colts and he drafted Mack in the 4th today. Somebody told him that was awful, and he retorted that his friends in the organization love Mack. 

Looking like an ugly committee for at least the early part of the season, and wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case all year.

4 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter has connections to the Colts and he drafted Mack in the 4th today. Somebody told him that was awful, and he retorted that his friends in the organization love Mack. 

Looking like an ugly committee for at least the early part of the season, and wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case all year.

That was awful.  If he believes in Mack so much, he could've gotten him two or three rounds, later.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

That was awful.  If he believes in Mack so much, he could've gotten him two or three rounds, later.

To be fair, most of these guys aren’t fantasy type guys, so value/etc isn’t really something they probably consider much. What’s more telling really is the fact that he likes Mack that much to draft him in that spot. To me that’s the biggest takeaway here (if he’s actually well connected, don’t know anything about the guy). 

9 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

To be fair, most of these guys aren’t fantasy type guys, so value/etc isn’t really something they probably consider much. What’s more telling really is the fact that he likes Mack that much to draft him in that spot. To me that’s the biggest takeaway here (if he’s actually well connected, don’t know anything about the guy). 

Correct. This is the main takeaway. I think it strongly supports the committee narrative, with Mack leading it for at the very least a week or two, but probably longer.

Edited by Singing in Dwayne
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Nobody cares about your team.

Nobody cares about your draft.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Colts ran the ball 471 times last year which was 5th in the league.   They had an elite offensive line last year and returned all starters.  They signed Phillip Rivers, which at his age is obviously a short term answer which means they are in win now mode this year.  Of the 471 carries last year marlon mack got 247.  Brissett was 2nd with 56.  Hines 52. Wilkins 51. Williams 49.  They kept 4 backs on the roster so williams is gone and rivers shouldn't have any designed run plays for him.  My gut says they slightly increase last years carries but for debate we can stay at 471.  I think most would agree at a minimum mack has to see the field a little less then last year.   Personally i dont see him getting 200 carries, but lets say that he does.  thats 271 carries left for taylor, hines, and wilkins.   i think from a mathematical standpoint a 200/200 carry between mack and taylor fits.  If taylor shows out then he could begin to push that in his favor.   Im buying taylor at a floor of 200 carries.  I personally think the win now colts, with rivers will recognize taylor is the superior talent and gives them the best shot and his carries push to 250 plus.  Although id prefer to take him in the 4th i dont see a problem taking him in the 3rd as your rb2.   All my opinions.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Heisenberg cookin' some hard #s up in here ... should be crystal clear after all that - kid's gonna be a true blue steal - 96% purity of projection!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Farfromhome said:

Colts ran the ball 471 times last year which was 5th in the league.   They had an elite offensive line last year and returned all starters.  They signed Phillip Rivers, which at his age is obviously a short term answer which means they are in win now mode this year.  Of the 471 carries last year marlon mack got 247.  Brissett was 2nd with 56.  Hines 52. Wilkins 51. Williams 49.  They kept 4 backs on the roster so williams is gone and rivers shouldn't have any designed run plays for him.  My gut says they slightly increase last years carries but for debate we can stay at 471.  I think most would agree at a minimum mack has to see the field a little less then last year.   Personally i dont see him getting 200 carries, but lets say that he does.  thats 271 carries left for taylor, hines, and wilkins.   i think from a mathematical standpoint a 200/200 carry between mack and taylor fits.  If taylor shows out then he could begin to push that in his favor.   Im buying taylor at a floor of 200 carries.  I personally think the win now colts, with rivers will recognize taylor is the superior talent and gives them the best shot and his carries push to 250 plus.  Although id prefer to take him in the 4th i dont see a problem taking him in the 3rd as your rb2.   All my opinions.  

Don't necessarily agree on where I'd take Taylor, but this is good analysis 

18 fumbles in 41 games, caught only 16 passes in his first 2 seasons and struggles in pass blocking. Fumbled once every 54 carries. Let that sink in for a minute. Put the ball on the ground at this level and you’re toast. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

18 fumbles in 41 games, caught only 16 passes in his first 2 seasons and struggles in pass blocking. Fumbled once every 54 carries. Let that sink in for a minute. Put the ball on the ground at this level and you’re toast. 

all very valid, no question ... but i'm pretty sure the organization was cognizant of these facts, yet ...  🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

Yes. Taylor shouldn’t be anyone’s RB2. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

all very valid, no question ... but i'm pretty sure the organization was cognizant of these facts, yet ...  🤷‍♂️

Yeah, pretty sure they know. Lol. Which leads me to my original point. I really think it’s gonna take time. As for the fumbles, maybe they’ll fix him. But history has shown it’s extremely difficult for guys to buck the trend at the next level. 

Edited by Sonny_D

1 hour ago, Farfromhome said:

Keep in mind Mack's 247 carries came in 13.5 games, so his total would have been 35+ more had he not broken his hand mid game (he was also going off that game, fwiw) and missed the 2 subsequent games.

Edited by furbz420