LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

next year.. not listening to ANY fantasy football radio.   All summer the JT hype was mind numbing.   I draft a guy as my RB2... so he can spell Mack.    I want to smash my computer. 

• Haha 3

I think that’s a bogus rumor. Taylor is a much better RB than Mack. It’s why the colts spent such high draft capital on this guy. It’ll be a 50/50 split for the first few weeks and then Taylor will start to take over. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Sure glad I didn't draft this guy in the 4th round!  Yikes!  

You will be crying into your beer by about 4:00 PM this Sunday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, smash10033 said:

next year.. not listening to ANY fantasy football radio.   All summer the JT hype was mind numbing.   I draft a guy as my RB2... so he can spell Mack.    I want to smash my computer. 

Taylor will be fine. Will probably start off slow but efficient and take over after a few weeks and get 60%+ of the workload which is more than enough to be an RB2 with his workload. I wouldn't sweat it

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, smash10033 said:

Not a single snap, has been taken.  Exhale.  I certainly wouldn't take anything a HC says to the media, as gospel.  Let things play out.

• Like 3

As disheartened as I’d be as a Taylor owner, my perspective from not owning him feels different. He’s going to have opportunities to out play Mack, that’s a certainty. If Taylor can break off a long run due to his explosiveness, He’s going to shift what could be a 65/35 split in his direction rather quickly in Week One. 

I took JT 3.01 in a 10 team league and missed out on a LOT of quality WR's for him as well as Conner, Gurley, DJ...

My take on this is:

FF has become more than just a game for me. There is a psychological element to this for me. I've won my league 2 years in a row...it's very easy to "play it safe" and pick the best picks, and have the most well rounded team. 

I have this sick fascination with rolling the dice on players with upside, because hitting on them is much more "psychologically" rewarding for me. Stashing players on my bench with upside, and reaching for JT is FUN. lol.

In reaching for JT early, I also had to expect tier 2 WR's and QB's other than the top 6 to step up this season, so I had to have faith that Woods and Metcalf will become much better WR's. Just because analysts aren't putting them in the top 10 now, doesn't mean they won't in the middle of the season. So again, making the decision to draft Woods/Ridley/Metcalf over Julio, Golladay, Hopkins is another "gamble" for me. I also gambled on Brady over picking Dak or someone...all as a result of picking JT so early. It was a domino effect for me. 

So yeah...it's tough to swallow that JT might not live up to the hype this year, but at the same time...there is a THRILL of rolling the dice in selecting someone other than ADP players. I'm okay with that. And if I want to whine and wishful think his production into fruition...that's fun too.

X

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I took JT 3.01 in a 10 team league and missed out on a LOT of quality WR's for him as well as Conner, Gurley, DJ...

My take on this is:

FF has become more than just a game for me. There is a psychological element to this for me. I've won my league 2 years in a row...it's very easy to "play it safe" and pick the best picks, and have the most well rounded team. 

I have this sick fascination with rolling the dice on players with upside, because hitting on them is much more "psychologically" rewarding for me. Stashing players on my bench with upside, and reaching for JT is FUN. lol.

In reaching for JT early, I also had to expect tier 2 WR's and QB's other than the top 6 to step up this season, so I had to have faith that Woods and Metcalf will become much better WR's. Just because analysts aren't putting them in the top 10 now, doesn't mean they won't in the middle of the season. So again, making the decision to draft Woods/Ridley/Metcalf over Julio, Golladay, Hopkins is another "gamble" for me. I also gambled on Brady over picking Dak or someone...all as a result of picking JT so early. It was a domino effect for me. 

So yeah...it's tough to swallow that JT might not live up to the hype this year, but at the same time...there is a THRILL of rolling the dice in selecting someone other than ADP players. I'm okay with that. And if I want to whine and wishful think his production into fruition...that's fun too.

X

its why they call it "fantasy"....

The funniest part about all of this is the Mackheads doing victory laps before either player has taken a snap in 2020...

JT will lay the mackdown on Sunday when the game is actually played.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

The funniest part about all of this is the Mackheads doing victory laps before either player has taken a snap in 2020...

Ya, hopefully he won't fumble his chances.

• Haha 1

This is coachspeak out of respect for Mack. They want JT running all day long.  Their OC said so.  Also, it's the last year of Mack's rookie deal.  They want to keep his trade value high.  Getting knocked down the depth chart by a rookie before the season starts would make other GMs question whether there's something wrong with Mack.  

From August 18th after JT emerged as training camp star:

Known for his game-breaking speed and knack for hitting a home run during his three seasons at Wisconsin, the Colts rookie has been showing off a complete game in the first two training camp days of his career, the kind that offers tantalizing possibilities to an Indianapolis offense that famously wants to Run the Damn Ball as much as possible.

“I look at him and say, ‘I would hate to have to tackle this guy all game long,'” offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni said.

“Marlon is the starter,” Reich said. “I mean, Marlon has earned it. … We’re going to continue to take the same approach that we have, where it’s week in and week out, hot hand and all those things. We’re expecting a big year from all of our backs.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Athletic's Zak Keefer said the Colts drafted RB Jonathan Taylor to "spell [Marlon] Mack mid-game, keeping him fresher for the fourth quarter."

It's enough to make Taylor drafters sick. But we've known for a while Mack wouldn't be completely phased out of Indy's offense, and that Taylor would have to assert himself to take over the backfield. Head coach Frank Reich has pledged to "ride the hot hand" this season. Those who drafted Mack could get solid usage out of the back this year, including this week against what should be a bad Jacksonville defense. 

Welp, my pants are brown now

2 hours ago, n00chness said:

Welp, my pants are brown now

3 hours ago, MBarbarian said:

This is coachspeak out of respect for Mack. They want JT running all day long.  Their OC said so.  Also, it's the last year of Mack's rookie deal.  They want to keep his trade value high.  Getting knocked down the depth chart by a rookie before the season starts would make other GMs question whether there's something wrong with Mack.  

From August 18th after JT emerged as training camp star:

Known for his game-breaking speed and knack for hitting a home run during his three seasons at Wisconsin, the Colts rookie has been showing off a complete game in the first two training camp days of his career, the kind that offers tantalizing possibilities to an Indianapolis offense that famously wants to Run the Damn Ball as much as possible.

“I look at him and say, ‘I would hate to have to tackle this guy all game long,'” offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni said.

“Marlon is the starter,” Reich said. “I mean, Marlon has earned it. … We’re going to continue to take the same approach that we have, where it’s week in and week out, hot hand and all those things. We’re expecting a big year from all of our backs.”

Are your pants popping a tent now?

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

Mack comes to the sideline for a drink of gatorade.....glances down to wipe the sweat from his brow.......looks up at the field.......and......c-ya!

CarefulMindlessAtlanticblackgoby-size_re

• Like 2

One fumble and he’s toast. Good chance he’ll fumble some this year....

23 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

One fumble and he’s toast. Good chance he’ll fumble some this year....

I said gatorade, not haterade

Haterade Animated Gifs | Photobucket

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Mack comes to the sideline for a drink of gatorade.....glances down to wipe the sweat from his brow.......looks up at the field.......and......c-ya!

CarefulMindlessAtlanticblackgoby-size_re

I am super erect. Although, he did the Bucky against Purdue I know what it is when I see it. Boobie Miles mixed with Megget. Chris Berman better get some water ready at his table, all those sounds non stop is going to make him parched.

• Haha 1

Mack-- The Lil' Engine that Could.

Taylor--The Bullet Train

• Like 1
  • Haha 2