LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Auction leagues exist 

why you hate Taylor bro?

how much did you pay?

I have zero vested interest for any Colts, I really don't care. It's just funny to see people hyping a known RB2 quantity as a season winning depth play

7 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

most managers don't fill their benches in rounds 3-4

True.

RB3 for me, which is perfectly acceptable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

how much did you pay?

I have zero vested interest for any Colts, I really don't care. It's just funny to see people hyping a known RB2 quantity as a season winning depth play

$16

also drafted Ingram. Guess who’s moving to the bench?

Edited by Members_Only_76

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Not PPR. 

I think you have to see Hines as a guy that can get you boom bust flex points in the short term. Long term, I don’t see how JT doesn’t get more work and Hines goes back to only his 3rd down role. It will be key to see how the GL work gets allotted going forward. This offense with the O line will be in the red zone a lot this season.

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

I think you have to see Hines as a guy that can get you boom bust flex points in the short term. Long term, I don’t see how JT doesn’t get more work and Hines goes back to only his 3rd down role. It will be key to see how the GL work gets allotted going forward. This offense with the O line will be in the red zone a lot this season.

Yeah I mean I agree with that 100%. I have the same thoughts. But I am thinking he may be a flex play as stand alone value and a very valuable handcuff to add.

I didn't get to watch the game but was the Oline or Jonathan Taylor the issue with his low average?  

Also, surprised Hines is showing so many carries.  Now that Mack should be out for a period of time, I would think week two is when he really gets the carries.

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

$16

also drafted Ingram. Guess who’s moving to the bench?

I got him for $17

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Not PPR. 

In standard I’d go Barber lol

7 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

I didn't get to watch the game but was the Oline or Jonathan Taylor the issue with his low average?  

Also, surprised Hines is showing so many carries.  Now that Mack should be out for a period of time, I would think week two is when he really gets the carries.

Jacksonville came to play. Online will have better days. 

• Like 1

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

In standard I’d go Barber lol

Robinson is actually available. Having a hard time deciding but I will probably go with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

the only worry is if Rivers keeps throwing the other team the ball so often

Defense was also trash too. 

31 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

RB1 going forward?

2, until further notice. 

• Like 1

RB2, Hines will be involved for sure.  

Without the Mack injury it was looking bleak for us Taylor owners. We’ll see how it plays out.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

RB2, Hines will be involved for sure.  

Without the Mack injury it was looking bleak for us Taylor owners. We’ll see how it plays out.

I’d be interested to see the snap count breakdown, haven’t seen anything yet 

#Colts 1st Half RB Usage 

- Nyheim Hines, 54% snaps, 5 carries, 4 targets (2 TDs)
- Marlon Mack, 31% snaps, 4 carries, 3 targets 
- Jonathan Taylor, 17% snaps, 1 carry, 1 target 

Colts 2nd half HB snap count
Jonathan Taylor 21
Nyheim Hines 20

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jh83 said:

#Colts 1st Half RB Usage 

- Nyheim Hines, 54% snaps, 5 carries, 4 targets (2 TDs)
- Marlon Mack, 31% snaps, 4 carries, 3 targets 
- Jonathan Taylor, 17% snaps, 1 carry, 1 target 

Colts 2nd half HB snap count
Jonathan Taylor 21
Nyheim Hines 20

Kind of insane seeing Hines get so much run. I know he would catch passes but was he really anything special the last few years?

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Kind of insane seeing Hines get so much run. I know he would catch passes but was he really anything special the last few years?

no he's not  - hes always been a COP guy for colts , apparently Reich has a fascination with him and isn't ready to give JT. a full workload even though he showed he's capable of catching passes as well.

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I thought he flashed a bit the past couple years and really liked what I saw when he caught the ball in space.  Running he was hit or miss.  Sometimes would find that crease and explode through it, then other times look a little lost as to where the play was supposed to go.  No one really expected a lot outside of a PPR dart throw with how crowded the backfield was and reports Taylor was ahead of him.  Him talking about punt and KR duties made it sound to me like he was going to get a lot of work.  Glad I took him late to stash, but no one expected that type of workload even without Taylor there.

Edited by Sternes

I honestly surprised there isn’t another 50 page for this dude since about 6 hours ago. Every single Jonathan Taylor that listened to people talk up about how his ADP was ridiculous, Mack was going to get a lot of run, while also trying to trash JT hands. 

Well, I surely don’t root for the injuries, it’s a sad deal for Mack. But we just landed the very realistic potential RB1 within the first quarter of his first game. The load will steadily come his way quickly. I imagine Hines will also have a role, but we got our horse. Giddy up 

Oh and he caught 6 passes for 67 yards.

Edited by LarryDavid
  • Like 5

Hines isn’t a runner. He’s a receiving back. He’s not a threat on early downs nor goal lines.

Taylor showing he can handle 6-67 from the air in his debut, well sky’s the limit. 

He may not be out there in hurry up and Hines probably has Rivers trust but Taylor was a 2nd round pick. That’s a first rounder in today’s NFL. 
wish I had him everywhere.

Edited by montgrove

5 minutes ago, montgrove said:

He may not be out there in hurry up and Hines probably has Rivers trust but Taylor was a 2nd round pick. That’s a first rounder in today’s NFL. 
wish I had him everywhere.

Can you explain what this means just to be a bit more clear? Why is a second round pick a first rounder in today’s nfl? I think you’re trying to say since RBs are viewed as complementary pieces and not centerpieces of an offense, they are not drafted highly unless they are a transcendent talent?

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

Can you explain what this means just to be a bit more clear? Why is a second round pick a first rounder in today’s nfl? I think you’re trying to say since RBs are viewed as complementary pieces and not centerpieces of an offense, they are not drafted highly unless they are a transcendent talent?

Yes exactly because running back’s are replaceable and the NFL knows this. They will not spend first round equity for the most part. When a team drafts a running back in the second round the team is telling us he’s a big part of their current future/plans.

• Thanks 2