LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, montgrove said:

Yes exactly because running back’s are replaceable and the NFL knows this. They will not spend first round equity for the most part. When a team drafts a running back in the second round the team is telling us he’s a big part of their current future/plans.

It also has to do with contract negotiations, 1st round rookie backs not only get paid more but then demand more for their second contracts. And the record on second contracts is not great in terms of WAR

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

It also has to do with contract negotiations, 1st round rookie backs not only get paid more but then demand more for their second contracts. And the record on second contracts is not great in terms of WAR

Well some teams try to squeeze in a player in the final picks of the first round to get the 5th year option. (See Sony Michel)

Edited by montgrove

9 hours ago, lolcopter said:

most managers don't fill their benches in rounds 3-4

Some do.

tenor.gif.99c0305711baca710f7f10ea52662a02.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2020 at 10:41 AM, timexsocialclub said:

Taylor v. Mack is not close. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional, I don't care what reports are coming out of Indy.

Jay Tay is going to FEAST in this offense. Repeat: FEAST.

Well... I'd say they're not close now for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Well... I'd say they're not close now for sure.

but guaranteed there were a few owners clutching their pearls up until Mack went down.

He's looking scary. Showing some hands which was the only thing I was a little bit worried about. Hines will hold him back a bit, but there will be some monster weeks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

You would think they are going to sign another RB, Freeman?

Unlikely. But needless to say this would be absolutely devastating news. Given how high they drafted him and how well Hines played I don't see them bringing anyone (of relevance) in. 

18 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

You would think they are going to sign another RB, Freeman?

I think Freeman still wants to get paid, so probably not him. They probably bring someone one else in for a look and some depth, but even then he'd likely be behind Wilkins and no real threat to JT.

Confirmed torn Achilles for Mack. Where do we rank JT now? Top 15?

1 minute ago, jh83 said:

Confirmed torn Achilles for Mack. Where do we rank JT now? Top 15?

Slightly below Nyheim Hines.

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Bogey said:

I think Freeman still wants to get paid, so probably not him. They probably bring someone one else in for a look and some depth, but even then he'd likely be behind Wilkins and no real threat to JT.

if i'm not mistaken, signing Freeman after week one is in the books greatly reduces the salary hit ... doesn't mean he's on his way to Indy (couple other places he might land), but his versatility suits what Phil loves to do most. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Slightly below Nyheim Hines.

you make a fair point - whether in jest or speaking truthfully this is alot more closer to truth than us JT owners would like.  I don't trust Reich to make JT the undisputed man - this is gonna be a 50-50 split.

• Haha 2

Just now, JetsAwesome said:

you make a fair point - whether in jest or speaking truthfully this is alot more closer to truth than us JT owners would like.  I don't trust Reich to make JT the undisputed man - this is gonna be a 50-50 split.

He doesn't have to be the undisputed man.   Look at Aaron Jones' usage last year and resulting numbers.  Cream rises to the top.  Don't overthink it.

Reich wants to run a power running game.....Taylor is that runner pure and simple.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

if i'm not mistaken, signing Freeman after week one is in the books greatly reduces the salary hit ... doesn't mean he's on his way to Indy (couple other places he might land), but his versatility suits what Phil loves to do most. 

Yeah, I was thinking more about that Freeman still wants to get paid like a top RB, which I don't think the Colts (or most teams) will spring for.

Man with check-down Rivers taking the snaps, JT about to blow up.

The fantasy gods have decided it’s his time RIGHT NOW

this will be fun boys

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

I would say 70/30 or 60/40:  JT's way

Game dependent. Don't be surprised when Taylor gets 80% of the touches, if Colts are blowing out a team. 

Honestly we could see this ceiling as high as A Ekeler was last season with how Rivers likes to throw to the RB. Taylor is the guy to have over Hines because of where they use him. Hines could get the reception, but Taylor is running at the goaline and will get his share

Ranked below Nyheim Hines?  Har har.  Find the guy in your league who believes that and make a trade.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ranked below Nyheim Hines?  Har har.  Find the guy in your league who believes that and make a trade.

Agreed. JT was tackled on the 1 yard line right before one of Hines TDs. That is a 12 pt swing on the stat lines. 

• Like 1