LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

51 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Honestly we could see this ceiling as high as A Ekeler was last season with how Rivers likes to throw to the RB. Taylor is the guy to have over Hines because of where they use him. Hines could get the reception, but Taylor is running at the goaline and will get his share

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ranked below Nyheim Hines?  Har har.  Find the guy in your league who believes that and make a trade.

Don’t take that clown seriously. He plays in a clown league

2 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Honestly we could see this ceiling as high as A Ekeler was last season with how Rivers likes to throw to the RB. Taylor is the guy to have over Hines because of where they use him. Hines could get the reception, but Taylor is running at the goaline and will get his share

Ekeler?  Pffft.  Ekeler was an UDFA who has made the most of his opportunity and tries really hard.  Jonathan Taylor's ceiling is 2016 David Johnson or rookie Saquon Barkley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ekeler?  Pffft.  Ekeler was an UDFA who has made the most of his opportunity and tries really hard.  Jonathan Taylor's ceiling is 2016 David Johnson or rookie Saquon Barkley.

faint i cant GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Reich: "Jonathan (Taylor) will step into the starting role... He's ready. Nyheim will still be a big part of the offense." 

1 minute ago, jh83 said:

Reich: "Jonathan (Taylor) will step into the starting role... He's ready. Nyheim will still be a big part of the offense." 

Prepare to be boarded, ye scurvy dogs!

30 minutes ago, montgrove said:

Here we go

Reading this has me like....

Fail Weather Man GIF - Fail WeatherMan Erection - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Mack known for injuries but a torn Achilles week 1 tho? Taylor owners came up

• Like 1

Projections for Jonathan Taylor now that he's the starting RB?

Here were Marlon Mack's stats last year (finished as RB17 in standard scoring):

Player

Team

G

Att

Yard

TD

Target

Rec

Yard

TD

FPts

FPts/G

17. Marlon Mack IND 14 247 1,091 8 17 14 82 0 165.3 11.8

Notice Mack had 14 catches for 82 yards all year. Taylor had 6 for 67 in one game. 

If he plays 16 games, I'll say 250 carries, 1,250 yards, 60 rec. for 500 yards, 10 total TDs, 235 fantasy pts (std).

Anyone watch the game yesterday? How did the O-line look? Just rusty and/or underestimated a fired-up JAX team?

20 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Projections for Jonathan Taylor now that he's the starting RB?

Here were Marlon Mack's stats last year (finished as RB17 in standard scoring):

Player

Team

G

Att

Yard

TD

Target

Rec

Yard

TD

FPts

FPts/G

17. Marlon Mack IND 14 247 1,091 8 17 14 82 0 165.3 11.8

Notice Mack had 14 catches for 82 yards all year. Taylor had 6 for 67 in one game. 

If he plays 16 games, I'll say 250 carries, 1,250 yards, 60 rec. for 500 yards, 10 total TDs, 235 fantasy pts (std).

Raise that.  Raise it by a fair bit.

In terms of projections, even though Hines is gonna be pretty heavily involved it'd be tough not to expect fringe RB1 numbers moving forward. 

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

In terms of projections, even though Hines is gonna be pretty heavily involved it'd be tough not to expect fringe RB1 numbers moving forward. 

Seriously. Hines caps the upside a bit by being a good 3rd-down back, but Wilkins is pretty underwhelming and should be a complete non-threat for early-down work.

Going 6-for-6 on targets also helps his odds of receiving more of that work himself going forward, as long as his pass-blocking is adequate.

• Like 2

Hines played all 16 games last year backing up Mack (who had 14 catches on the year) and still only had 52 car for 199 yds (3.8 ypc) and 44 rec for 320 yds.  That's probably what his "heavily involved" line looks like again.

And in the redzone, it's gonna be all Taylor.  Last year, Hines had a grand total of 11 redzone touches, and only 2 rushes inside the 5 yard line. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MBarbarian said:

Hines played all 16 games last year backing up Mack (who had 14 catches on the year) and still only had 52 car for 199 yds (3.8 ypc) and 44 rec for 320 yds.  That's probably what his "heavily involved" line looks like again.

And in the redzone, it's gonna be all Taylor.  Last year, Hines had a grand total of 11 redzone touches, and only 2 rushes inside the 5 yard line. 

Wasn't Hines getting RZ work even while Mack was healthy yesterday?

26 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Wasn't Hines getting RZ work even while Mack was healthy yesterday?

ya a lot of it. 

14 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

ya a lot of it. 

Taylor emerging as the starter is perfect timing for me after I had my rb2 Le'Veon Bell get injured with his hamstring injury.

1 hour ago, MBarbarian said:

Already getting trade offers. Not. Selling.

Had someone offer me Chris Carson in a PPR league for him which was tempting but in the end I declined.

• Like 1