LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, ouuuu said:

But i thought hines was going to take over the ekeler role 😬

Man I was one if those guys that fell for the Hines role. I never doubted JTs ability but this kid has left Hines in the dust and can do it all. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Man I was one if those guys that fell for the Hines role. I never doubted JTs ability but this kid has left Hines in the dust and can do it all. 

Hines will still have a role.

Minnesota never threatened.  Their offense was complete garbage.

In closer games, Hines will get his.  However, "his" is probably like 6-12 touches max.

Disclaimer: have 1 Taylor, 0 Hines

his 3.9 yards per yesterday is a bit eye popping.. Hasn't look overly explosive at all in the 1st 2 games. Maybe the NFL game needs to slow down a bit

Edited by OrangeCrush

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with the situation given his ADP, but I'd temper expectations. He's gonna be pretty gamescript dependent, and the Colts are not good. He's a mid to high-end RB2 IMO. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

his 3.9 yards per yesterday is a bit eye popping.. Hasn't look overly explosive at all in the 1st 2 games. Maybe the NFL game needs to slow down a bit

They force fed him all game. Guy like that can go 20-50 yards and break one at any time. 

He’s absolutely a safe RB1. Only question mark was usage. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with the situation given his ADP, but I'd temper expectations. He's gonna be pretty gamescript dependent, and the Colts are not good. He's a mid to high-end RB2 IMO. 

He's an RB1, especially with all the injuries this week.  **** its hard to think of 5 guys I'd rather have rn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Did you see the screen pass he nearly took to the house in week one? Check that out and you'll feel differently about the explosion. 

• Like 2

I think teams are loading up to stop Taylor because they do not fear the rest of the Colts offense much, especially pop-gun arm Rivers.  They are keeping his ypc low but he is still doing work 

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think teams are loading up to stop Taylor because they do not fear the rest of the Colts offense much, especially pop-gun arm Rivers.  They are keeping his ypc low but he is still doing work 

Basically Ekeler of last yr...

4 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Not overly explosive?? Look at how fast he is on these screen passes, that's from week 1. Other players look like they are in slow mo. His speed/size makes him very unique. Looking at a top 6 fantasy pick for many years to come.

Edited by printscreen
  • Like 2

Strength, speed, power, durability, and a great O-line?  Giddyup!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

this is my only concern (very mild) with taylor especially with campbell now out.   But he should still feast. 

As an aside. Where has the hyped colts o line been? Havent seen very many holes thru 2 games. Rust with no preseason? (I dont know if rust is a thing for o lines). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ouuuu said:

He's an RB1, especially with all the injuries this week.  **** its hard to think of 5 guys I'd rather have rn

Seriously try this:  Zeke, Kamara, Henry, then who?  Cook has question marks, so does Mixon although I think Mixon can turn it around.  I have Drake and Sanders shares, and its close with Sanders right now, but he's right in that 5-10 range.

To be fair I'd strongly consider trading him for CMC this year even with the injury depending on record.

Edited by gotamancrushontombrady
forgot CMC face-palm!!

10 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Seriously try this:  Zeke, Kamara, Henry, then who?  Cook has question marks, so does Mixon although I think Mixon can turn it around.  I have Drake and Sanders shares, and its close with Sanders right now, but he's right in that 5-10 range.

To be fair I'd strongly consider trading him for CMC this year even with the injury depending on record.

I dont know if henry is a definite over taylor right now. He hasnt exactly been tearing it up and tennessee is more willing to take advantage of the softer pass d with teams loading up to stop henry.  Taylor also has more receiving upside.  At best its closer than a no brainer for henry imo. The other 2 yes absolutely. 

CMC may not be CMC this year if the high ankle sprain lingers as they sometimes do.  

As for the Colts O-line, they have a get-right game v. NYJ on the docket for week 3.  Tasty!

15 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Seriously try this:  Zeke, Kamara, Henry, then who?  Cook has question marks, so does Mixon although I think Mixon can turn it around.  

gtfo with Mixon 😄

Zeke, Kamara, Jones, King Hendry, Jacobs definitely all over JT ... Cook/Drake/Sanders/CEH are debatable. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

Colts have a new (to them) QB and a lot of new faces.  Gonna take some time to gel.  Jets up next is a great game to get the offense humming.

• Like 1

With McCaffrey and Barkley on the shelf, Taylor has an outside shot at being the overall RB1 for the season given the line, the usage, and the fact that he seems to be a decent pass-catching option if they choose to use him in that way.  Zeke would be favored for being the RB1 overall but stranger things have happened.  Would anyone be surprised if this guy exploded for 200 total yards and 3 TDs on any given week?

• Like 3

Not to be greedy, but he's gonna be matchup dependent this year IMO, and my guess is this team isn't gonna be terribly good. That said, this is a week you absolutely have to get a 120 and 2 type game from him. 

• Haha 2

Just now, BGDDYKWL said:

Not to be greedy, but he's gonna be matchup dependent this year IMO, and my guess is this team isn't gonna be terribly good. That said, this is a week you absolutely have to get a 120 and 2 type game from him. 

I don't think he's matchup dependent at all, that Hines Week 1 explosion was a pure outlier.

But agree with the second part. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

With McCaffrey and Barkley on the shelf, Taylor has an outside shot at being the overall RB1 for the season given the line, the usage, and the fact that he seems to be a decent pass-catching option if they choose to use him in that way.  Zeke would be favored for being the RB1 overall but stranger things have happened.  Would anyone be surprised if this guy exploded for 200 total yards and 3 TDs on any given week?

Not this week, but I'm afraid we're gonna get some 18 for 45 weeks as well with Hines outscoring him those weeks. All the top guys, Zeke, Kamara, Jones, CEH, etc. are all on significantly better offenses. 

I'm thrilled with Taylor given the Mack injury, but if I had to bet I'd expect him to finish the season in the RB8-10 range. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I don't think he's matchup dependent at all, that Hines Week 1 explosion was a pure outlier.

But agree with the second part. 

I don't mean it in the sense that he'll be completely gamescripted out, but a game they're dominating against the Jets essentially guarantees a lead, which means 20+ touches and very high TD probability. A game they're losing could be trouble for him. 

Fortunately they have an easy schedule so the only weeks of real concern on that front would be 9 against the Ravens and 16 at the Steelers. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

15 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

zeke and kamara are clearly a tier or 2 ahead of taylor. think you might throw jones in there as well