LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't mean it in the sense that he'll be completely gamescripted out, but a game they're dominating against the Jets essentially guarantees a lead, which means 20+ touches and very high TD probability. A game they're losing could be trouble for him. 

Fortunately they have an easy schedule so the only weeks of real concern on that front would be 9 against the Ravens and 16 at the Steelers. 

Yeah that's true, but same could be said of most starting caliber RB's.

Outside of CMC maybe.

Excluding pass catching backs & Kamara. But you get what I'm trying say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dms80790 said:

James Robinson or John Taylor rest of season, and how close is it?

I think most would immediately say Taylor but it's actually very close. Everyone slept on Robinson. He was getting comparisons to David Johnson but somehow went undrafted. That offense should come around and I'd expect him to catch more balls than Taylor this year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I think most would immediately say Taylor but it's actually very close. Everyone slept on Robinson. He was getting comparisons to David Johnson but somehow went undrafted. That offense should come around and I'd expect him to catch more balls than Taylor this year. 

I own both in one league and I personally think Taylor has a higher ceiling just because I like his O line better, his resume, and the way his QB has used pass catching RBs in the past. I love Robinson's volume though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dms80790 said:

James Robinson or John Taylor rest of season, and how close is it?

Taylor, Robinson will fall, sell high.. Book it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

With McCaffrey and Barkley on the shelf, Taylor has an outside shot at being the overall RB1 for the season given the line, the usage, and the fact that he seems to be a decent pass-catching option if they choose to use him in that way.  Zeke would be favored for being the RB1 overall but stranger things have happened.  Would anyone be surprised if this guy exploded for 200 total yards and 3 TDs on any given week?

spacer.png

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I’m sorry who exactly compared him to Johnson?

He looks good as a pass catcher but DJ caught between 30-40 balls 4 years in a row in college. Robinson caught 21 as a career high. 

35 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He looks good as a pass catcher but DJ caught between 30-40 balls 4 years in a row in college. Robinson caught 21 as a career high. 

I think he's referring to this:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-is-illinois-state-rb-james-robinson-the-next-david-johnson/

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Mmm interesting. I didn’t watch the dude at all in college but it’s a weird comparison because Robinson didn’t even sniff Johnson’s numbers in the passing game. Just because they’re a similarish and both from a small school doesn’t make them the same. His play style also seems quite different from Johnson.

That being said, college football doesn’t use RBs in the pass game remotely as much as the NFL. So sometimes the film tells a story the stats don’t. Maybe that’s the case here...

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

It was just an article I came across. I'm not saying it was like NFL.com's comp but it was mentioned by someone that he had some similarity to DJ. After reading some preseason hype about him I'm a little surprised he wasn't drafted. 

*Edit - I just saw it was posted above. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

51 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Enough with these baseless hot takes. 

Wait for it.

Edited by Zekepeak86

All players fail, eventually.

Except Elway and Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning.  They all retired as champs.

But all players fail eventually.  So what's your point?

3 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Wait for it.

Taylor will be feed early and often. You’re way off, the only thing that will derail him is injury. 

Young buck gonna eat tomorrow. As soon as he houses something more than 50 yards this thread is gonna shut down. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Taylor will be feed early and often. You’re way off, the only thing that will derail him is injury. 

I know he will be. I was talking bout Robinson. 😑

9 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Young buck gonna eat tomorrow. As soon as he houses something more than 50 yards this thread is gonna shut down. 

Im hoping tomorrow is the breakout game.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Im hoping tomorrow is the breakout game.

Last week was the breakout game 😑

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chargahs said:

Last week was the breakout game 😑

Eh he had a sub 4 YPC. I expect more from him if he's getting 28 touches. The final statline was great last week but Im hoping for a 150 yard/2 TD kind of game that we know he's capable of. He has yet to break a long run.

• Like 2

Yeah that was ugly. His ceiling and floor are a lot lower until he improves.

• Like 1

I like Taylor a lot and think he’s an rb1 but it’s hilarious how biased his RW blurbs are. “Taylor has impressively averaged 4.1 yards per carry as Indianapolis' starter in place of Marlon Mack.”

• Haha 2

Did he do that bad? Didn’t watch closely but assumed he just got gamescripted out 

18 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Did he do that bad? Didn’t watch closely but assumed he just got gamescripted out 

I wouldn't say he looked bad but he definitely didn't look impressive.