LarryDavid

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

On 10/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, Buckmcbuck said:

Hoping the schedule and possibly increased usage lead to a good buy. 

I would assume he'll be better ROS then he has been and he's been solid anyway but I think one thing worth mentioning is that Tennessee's run defense has greatly improved over the last few games. He gets them twice and that did factor in to the great schedule down the stretch. It's not necessarily a terrible matchup, but it isn't the matchup it once was as of now. 3 out of 4 games after Detroit is Baltimore and Tennessee twice. Should be interesting to see where he's at after that.

My favorite thing is coming into the year the 2 negatives against him were he’s not good in the passing game and he fumbles too much. He’s first in YPR for RBs while catching 16/17 targets and he’s yet to put the ball on the ground. It’s amazing that his biggest issue so far this year is that his offensive line is just not playing good. Should be a pretty solid RB1 ROS

• Like 2

Not a lot of talk in here about the recent RW blurb on him. The bye week may have done us some good here boys! Those reigns are getting cut loose it may seems 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Not a lot of talk in here about the recent RW blurb on him. The bye week may have done us some good here boys! Those reigns are getting cut loose it may seems 

I actually missed it. Sounds fantastic. Particularly with the highlighting of how much better he's been than Hines/Wilkins. 

I totally get easing a rookie in, and this could be nothing more than coachspeak, but I think there's definitely cause for both optimism and an uptick here. 

CBS has him projected for 12, that seems painfully low. 

I hope we see a breakout game from JT out of the bye like Swift had after Detroit's bye. That would be gravy on the potatoes.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

I hope we see a breakout game from JT out of the bye like Swift had after Detroit's bye. That would be gravy on the potatoes.

He's due for one. Matchup is + too 

Incoming 20 burger 

This is the crossroads week for JT. He comes out of the BYE with 70%+ snap count, tons of designed screen plays, and punches in a TD or two... OR... colts offense comes out bumbling, Hines returns to take all the third down work and pass plays, and Wilkins rears his ugly head. I'm betting on the former, but the latter is a realistic possibility.

The most exciting thing pre-BYE was his involvement in the pass game, and Rivers LOVES throwing to RBs. If that continues, this guy is going to end up top 5 in PPR. The O-line has been underwhelming with respect to the run game, and a so a lot of JT's yards have come from these screens and dump offs.

Edited by harck
  • Haha 1

Like others I like JT's chances of a strong week - seems a number of teams have used their byes to integrate their rookies more heavily into their game plans, like the Swift example. 

I feel like his long run of the year has to be about 8 yards.  Can't remember a big one from him yet, so hopefully he starts popping some off.  I like my RBs to pop.

Checking in as new owner [...] Colts diehard too.  Really feeling like after the bye TE Colts are going to come out swinging.  Adjusted mindset and game plan for ROS.  They have not been as great as they could be.  They are a damn good team w weapons.  

Theyve got the OL which will hopefully ascend to preseason hype levels, get a couple WR back, and continue feeding JT.  We on!!  Legooo JT 💪

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

Think it’s time to officially worry about this guy. 

[...] I am HIGHLY worried.  So far he is looking worse than Trent Richardson. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, buckets88 said:

Benched or injured? Whats going oonnnn

Naw he just sucks... Trent Richardson 2.0.  Wilkins and Hines look so much better.  

I don’t blame the Colts from going away from him. I’m putting him deep on my bench and he ain’t coming off.

36 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Naw he just sucks... Trent Richardson 2.0.  Wilkins and Hines look so much better.  

I don’t blame the Colts from going away from him. I’m putting him deep on my bench and he ain’t coming off.

Ya what’s even more eye popping was Wilkins was able to find rushing room and Taylor just simply couldn’t.

Just now, Brettg57 said:

Ya what’s even more eye popping was Wilkins was able to find rushing room and Taylor just simply couldn’t.

Because Taylor has terrible vision. 

Will anyone still be willing to “buy low”? I’ve had enough of this guy. Reminds me of David Montgomery last year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

As of right now he's my top add for the week. My hope is that people in my league will see that Taylor got 11 carries and not want to buy into the timeshare. That will leave it wide open for me to get stuck in this bs even more haha. And am certainly goin to try to ship taylor off as well. Yikes. 

Edited by Buckmcbuck

11 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Because Taylor has terrible vision. 

Oh I know that’s why I am saying it’s eye popping. Thought we all had a league winner a month ago... crash and burn.

• Haha 2