Rotoworld.com Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Armed_Rodgery said:

Glad I stuck through it and decided to start JT today despite all the negativity. His usage was promising and resulted in a 100+ yards of scrimmage. He's a better RB than Hines 

Good call to you.  I didn't have the same faith and switched them out.  It was honestly blind faith to keep him in, but kudos to you for it working out. 

This is the BS about fantasy.  For weeks and weeks everything has been pointing to JT being phased down in the offense.  Talk of Hines getting the bulk of the carries. Either way you'd think that they would be passing a lot against GB.  All of a sudden JT decides he wants to actually play football.

GTD he busts next week when we all put him back in lineups. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Plugging him back in next week only to have him go 10 for 30 lol. That’s how it’s been this year. 

Idk this seemed like an awakening type performance from him. Reminds me of Miles Sanders last year. Had a rough start with rookie mistakes, then turned it around at the end of the year. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

He looked much improved this week. He was making the right reads decisively and was breaking tackles, something I have not seen from him so far this year. 

I did notice a level of decisiveness and wiggle with him as well. He has a lot of runs called back due to penalty yet looked like a legitimate back on those runs.

Maybe this is why they stuck with him today. Also GB is bad against the run.

Had a 20 yard td called back on penalty too.

I would flex him next week for sure

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

The Packers run defense is awful.  

He looked better today, but everyone should still be hesitant to throw him right back in the lineup next week unless you’re desperate.

On the flip side, he's been playing not great and our expectations here were that he would flop in a good matchup, hence most of us benched him. He took a nice step today and took advantage of a matchup against a poor run D. Not everyone takes advantage of their matchup

7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

The Packers run defense is awful.  

He looked better today, but everyone should still be hesitant to throw him right back in the lineup next week unless you’re desperate.

It is a bad run D but Hines did nothing with his touches. If Taylor can get some consistency he regain control of the backfield.

And so many nice runs called back due to penalties.  About 40 more yards wiped out by yellow flags.

Rewarded those with JT faith and those who know to always, always ignore Rapoport.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Everyone needs to take a step back and stop with the JT criticism. This kid is an elite running back and he will have success in the NFL give him a chance to get his feet wet and get some confidence. He needs 20 to 25 carries a game minimum...he gets better as the game goes on and can wear defenses down with his physicality much like a Derrick Henry type running back only with hands to catch passes.   He'll end up being an all pro and pro bowl running back mark my words.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Big stage > Big opportunity > Big performance >>> HUGE win for my Colts.  JT rose to the occasion today v GB  

This was the game that we were hoping would come right after the bye, and mark his trajectory ROS.  I think (and hope) the poster that mentioned Miles Sanders ‘19 was right on the money.  Shake off the rookie mistakes and hone in on his game for the remainder.  

JT is the back for Indy.  He’s a combo of Hines & Wilkins, catching & running, only he truly is better than both and showed it today.  

All we can do now is praise up to the fantasy gods and hope they bestow eat and success on our guy ROS 🙌🙏

• Like 3

The Colts are going with the hot hand approach. 

Reich keeps saying this.  Believe him.

What we learned from the Packers game is: Taylor will be given opportunities to be the hot hand, and he is capable of delivering. 

Doesn't mean he always will, nor will he be a feature back week to week.

So let's see what he can do next week.  Then the week after that.

It is on him to perform.  The Colts clearly feel comfortable with two other backs to turn to if JT isn't getting the job done.

So let's hope for the possible - that Taylor has figured something out and will start delivering for us.  Because if he's not doing that, he's not going to keep getting carries.

It's not exactly predictable, though it is simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, dorsett33 said:

Everyone needs to take a step back and stop with the JT criticism. This kid is an elite running back and he will have success in the NFL give him a chance to get his feet wet and get some confidence. He needs 20 to 25 carries a game minimum...he gets better as the game goes on and can wear defenses down with his physicality much like a Derrick Henry type running back only with hands to catch passes.   He'll end up being an all pro and pro bowl running back mark my words.

I hate this argument so much.

You either prove you are capable or you don’t. You don’t get 25 touches each game to prove your skill level. Nick Chubb ran away with the role his rookie year because he was dominant in the limited touches he got.

Not saying Taylor won’t be good but up until this point he hasn’t been anything that would make the coaches think he deserves a bellcow role. He's averaging 3.8 YPC with a season long of 21.

Is he still there best RB? Yes. Has his running ability been that much better than Hines especially when you factor in Hines versatility? No. He hasn’t done enough to earn 20-25 touches MINIMUM.

Not to be all negative after a good outing but that’s the reality. Taylor’s still done nothing to set himself apart from a guy that’s more versatile and has more experience. So nothings changed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's not an elite running back. Not yet. He had a good fantasy day, but don't get carried away crowning him when it comes to real football. The Colts won. He played decent. He failed to break 100 yards on 22 carries against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. He still consistently had dud runs (sprinkled throughout this game) where if he cut to the outside or he didn't run directly into a linebacker, he could have broken off for 15+. A Swift, Jacobs, JRob, Dobbins on this team, with that many carries, would have run for 150 today, easily.

I think he's firmly back in the lead of this backfield, but the Colts coaches have reaffirmed all year that this is a hot hand approach. JT always gets first shot to establish that hot hand, which is nice, but it would be nicer if his role was guaranteed -- it's not and it won't be rest of season. Feels safer to plug him in than it was before, but still a very unsafe floor overall.

Remember that he had a game precisely like this (arguably a better game actually) week 2 vs. MIN and we all know the story of the season up to this point. Hot hand. Week in. Week out.

Edited by harck
  • Like 3

Solid day for JT, but keep in mind that the Packers run defense is atrocious. Just because JT had the hot hand yesterday doesn't mean he'll have it next week. For all we know, it'll be a Hines or Wilkins game next week.

I dropped JT in a couple of leagues where I'm stacked at RB, but I'm holding on to him in the majority of my leagues. Honestly, I doubt I'll start him again this season, unless I absolutely have to. I don't trust the Colts with their RB gameplan week to week, so it's not worth the risk for me.

32 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Yesterday was by far the best he has looked of all the action that I have watched. He actually had some juice, made some people miss, found holes, and muscled a few dudes. 

What I liked about the film here was that he is much more effective under center. He also didn't break a ton of tackles, but this is where it's a misleading stat. He kept his feet moving on multiple runs and used his power to push the pile forward. The 15 yard run near the end of the video is actually really beautiful- really smooth. I would like to see the penalty runs that got called back lol.

I don't know- I'm a bit mixed too, but he's a flex in a pinch next week...Titans run D shouldn't scare anyone...but we saw what happened last week. Tread carefully. 

• Like 1