Rotoworld.com Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, cerealntacos said:

Im hoping this kids projection is similar to Miles Sanders 2019. He has too much skill and too good of a situation for him to disappoint the rest of the year. They also might want to increase his workload to really see what he's got.

I have my doubts about this part. They have playoff aspirations and a very limited window with Rivers - they're going to trot out who they believe gives them the best chance to win every week. The issue is JT's output hasn't been strong enough for him to consistently be that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want you y'all to know three things are certain this week: 1. me pounding beers. 2. me pounding my wife. 3. Nyheim Hines pounding the ball.

Posted Images

Watching the highlights from yesterday, it really seemed like he was more patient on waiting for holes to open up/choose the right hole. A lot less running into the backs of his lineman. Maybe hes turning a corner....

Edited by FantasyGOAT
  • Like 3
24 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Watching the highlights from yesterday, it really seemed like he was more patient on waiting for holes to open up/choose the right hole. A lot less running into the backs of his lineman. Maybe hes turning a corner....

Definitely think it was a combination of JT playing well & the bad GB run defense, but it was pretty clear that as JT started getting more carries he got into a rhythm and was hitting holes/cutting backing instinctively instead of overthinking. 

Can't trust Reich week to week, but if they were smart they'd use this as the chance to fade Wilkins from the rotation and utilize JT early downs/Hines on passing downs.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

He's back boys!!!!! who still isn't going to learn their lesson, but fall into the Reich trap and watch the demise of their playoff hopes fade away!!!!!

very hard to understand this statement.  I need to see more work, but that playoff schedule is TASTY.  Here's hoping he can keep momentum 🤞

5 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

very hard to understand this statement.  I need to see more work, but that playoff schedule is TASTY.  Here's hoping he can keep momentum 🤞

His sarcasm is off the charts and our newfound optimism will be crushed by the reality that Frank Reich will change his RB rotation on a drop of a dime lol. 

One game doesn't mean Taylor's back and has found new life, but he's not a bad play next week for the risk-taking kind. The reward for him is 25-26 pts 100 + 2 TD's...Hines did it, why can't he?

Risk is last week - 4 pts. lol

I'm recommending starting him if you're a pretty significant underdog, or two flex league. 

I think one of the more disappointing developments with this whole situation is that the Colts were by all accounts a top two run blocking team (with the Eagles) last year. They brought everyone back and have somehow regressed. They aren't getting the same push at the point of attack.

Don't get me wrong, JT isn't seeing every hole that opens up, but one of things that was supposed to make this such a slam dunk when Mack was hurt was that they were supposed to miles above any other line in the NFL in run blocking. They're probably "just" top 10. 

Watching yesterdays game and seeing how undisciplined Quenton Nelson was...very frustrating.

Edited by USWAY
  • Like 1
On 11/22/2020 at 9:29 PM, dorsett33 said:

Everyone needs to take a step back and stop with the JT criticism. This kid is an elite running back and he will have success in the NFL give him a chance to get his feet wet and get some confidence. He needs 20 to 25 carries a game minimum...he gets better as the game goes on and can wear defenses down with his physicality much like a Derrick Henry type running back only with hands to catch passes.   He'll end up being an all pro and pro bowl running back mark my words.

An elite RB shouldnt need 20-25 carries minimum. Taylor has yet to show that home run ability to break a long run, which he is going to need when he doesnt get a big workload. 

Overall he had a good game. The workload was great but the efficiency is still not there yet.

Seems like whoever gets the 1st series gets 2 carries for 4 yards straight up the gut.  Next series the backup comes in, gets a few creative runs and has some nice gains.  They are now the hot hand. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RyanksN said:

Seems like whoever gets the 1st series gets 2 carries for 4 yards straight up the gut.  Next series the backup comes in, gets a few creative runs and has some nice gains.  They are now the hot hand. 

This is very true. JT is probably better off coming in off the bench so he doesn’t get the trap first and second down run plays to start the game. It’s like clockwork. 

(35 mins ago) Taylor was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Saturday and will not play Sunday against the Titans.

It's unclear whether Taylor himself tested positive for COVID-19 or was merely in close proximity to someone who tested positive, but regardless the designation Saturday means the rookie running back will not play in the team's important divisional matchup against the Titans on Sunday. As of now, Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins are the only two healthy running backs on the active roster, although the team could still choose to activate player's off the practice squad later in the day.