Flyman75

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

As an LSU and Saints fan, I was really hoping he’d fall one more pick to New Orleans. But alas, the Vikings nabbed him. At least he’ll still be dressing in purple and gold, lol. This should be a good location for Jets. 

Posted (edited)

Of all the first round WR's, I think he got the best landing in terms of 2020 fantasy outlook

Edited by BrianM

Good luck getting him on the field. Vikings ran the least amount of 11 personnel. He played most of his snaps from the slot in CFB.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Of all the first round WR's, I think he got the best landing in terms of 2020 fantasy outlook

Nah, that goes to Lamb. Dak just threw for 4900 yards and and his washed up WR3 had 850 of them. If Lamb is a starter (he is), he’s easily putting up 1000 yards with room for more, no question.

Edited by MJJ28

RIP brother Jefferson!  You were my favorite receiver (for the value) before the NFL draft.  Now, you’re fully removed from my board courtesy of Kirk Cousins.  

12 hours ago, devaster said:

Good luck getting him on the field. Vikings ran the least amount of 11 personnel. He played most of his snaps from the slot in CFB.

He played inside and outside, but definitely inside more. I do believe Jets has the chops, size, speed to play outside. I’m curious to see where they line him up. I suppose they’re looking at him to replace Diggs. Jefferson will be on the field. They didn’t draft a first round WR to have him simply back up Thielen and ride the pine. 

27 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He played inside and outside, but definitely inside more. I do believe Jets has the chops, size, speed to play outside. I’m curious to see where they line him up. I suppose they’re looking at him to replace Diggs. Jefferson will be on the field. They didn’t draft a first round WR to have him simply back up Thielen and ride the pine. 

Jefferson played outside a lot before last year. If you only followed LSU last year you might think he can only play the slot, but he produced on the outside before last year. Of the top drafted WRs, he has the fastest route to immediate playing time (along with Jeudy).

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Jefferson played outside a lot before last year. If you only followed LSU last year you might think he can only play the slot, but he produced on the outside before last year. Of the top drafted WRs, he has the fastest route to immediate playing time (along with Jeudy).

Right. I should have said “to play outside in the NFL.” The emergence of Chase and Marshall at LSU pushed Jefferson to the inside. Jets is a more versatile WR than some assume. 

20 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Fastest route to playing time? Neither of them were even the 1st receiver off the board.

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2020 at 3:43 AM, Strike Three said:

RIP brother Jefferson!  You were my favorite receiver (for the value) before the NFL draft.  Now, you’re fully removed from my board courtesy of Kirk Cousins.  

Why? Cousins with the Vikings has been 12th and 4th rated by QBR in the last two seasons. He was 9th and 8th in Passing TDs the last two seasons. If anything I can see docking because of the Vikings scheme and their affinity to running the ball, but Cousins isn't the problem.

Edited by murraygd13

On 4/24/2020 at 10:22 PM, MJJ28 said:

Nah, that goes to Lamb. Dak just threw for 4900 yards and and his washed up WR3 had 850 of them. If Lamb is a starter (he is), he’s easily putting up 1000 yards with room for more, no question.

🤔 I have Ceedee as pretty much the worst landing spot among the top guys.  

1- Ruggs

2- Reagor

3- Jefferson

4- Mims

5- Aiyuk

6- Jeudy

7- Lamb

wr3 on Dallas with a long term elite wr1 and a young talented Wr2 in front.     Jeudy will at least work regularly as the Z.  Ceedee will prob work in as the slot-  and have to earn every scrap in 2020.   

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Why? Cousins with the Vikings has been 12th and 4th rated by QBR in the last two seasons. He was 9th and 8th in Passing TDs the last two seasons. If anything I can see docking because of the Vikings scheme and their affinity to running the ball, but Cousins isn't the problem.

Minnesota threw the ball 466 times last year - only Baltimore and Tennessee threw less. By comparison, Atlanta there a whopping 50% more.

As someone who owned Thielen last year (and paid full price), that's not a lot of fun.

Edited by Boudewijn

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

🤔 I have Ceedee as pretty much the worst landing spot among the top guys.  

1- Ruggs

2- Reagor

3- Jefferson

4- Mims

5- Aiyuk

6- Jeudy

7- Lamb

wr3 on Dallas with a long term elite wr1 and a young talented Wr2 in front.     Jeudy will at least work regularly as the Z.  Ceedee will prob work in as the slot-  and have to earn every scrap in 2020.   

Overreacting on Lamb.  Lamb won't play exclusively in the slot, and Cobb was the pure slot WR last season and still managed 55/828 in that offense.  Lamb is much more talented than Cobb especially at this point of his career, and this offense is capable of sustaining 3 1000+ yard guys.

13 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Overreacting on Lamb.  Lamb won't play exclusively in the slot, and Cobb was the pure slot WR last season and still managed 55/828 in that offense.  Lamb is much more talented than Cobb especially at this point of his career, and this offense is capable of sustaining 3 1000+ yard guys.

A team with 3 1,000 yard receivers in a single season has only happened 5 times in the history of the NFL.  None of those had a rushing attack the Cowboys do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love this landing spot - JJ has one of the clearest paths to fantasy relevance as early as this year on the Vikings with Stefanski gone.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Flyman75 said:

As an LSU and Saints fan, I was really hoping he’d fall one more pick to New Orleans. But alas, the Vikings nabbed him. At least he’ll still be dressing in purple and gold, lol. This should be a good location for Jets. 

Vikings will knock them out again in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

A team with 3 1,000 yard receivers in a single season has only happened 5 times in the history of the NFL.  None of those had a rushing attack the Cowboys do.  

They almost did it last season.  Only Cobb didn't make it to 1000 and lamb>>>cobb

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

They almost did it last season.  Only Cobb didn't make it to 1000 and lamb>>>cobb

if only it was that simple.    Never assume a rookie wr can step in and perform at a high level right off the bat.  You’ll also need Dallas to be a top 5 passing offense again,  as well as Cooper missing some time.  

If Gallup leaves after 2020 you’re setup real well for 2021.   

Edited by Impreza178

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

if only it was that simple.    Never assume a rookie wr can step in and perform at a high level right off the bat.  You’ll also need Dallas to be a top 5 passing offense again,  as well as Cooper missing some time.  

If Gallup leaves after 2020 you’re setup real well for 2021.   

Nah he won't need to wait for 2021.  Rookie or no, Lamb will be the alpha dog from day 1.  He plays with a ferocity that Cooper lacks.  

41 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Nah he won't need to wait for 2021.  Rookie or no, Lamb will be the alpha dog from day 1.  He plays with a ferocity that Cooper lacks.  

He will not be.  And I love him as a player and can’t believe he fell to them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He will not be.  And I love him as a player and can’t believe he fell to them.

Will see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

i believe this stance is overly optimistic. i absolutely see lamb as the #1 WR in this class, however i agree with @Impreza178 that it is a lame landing spot (for now). "alpha dog from day 1" is short-sighted in my opinion. cooper is talented, albeit talent waning and waxing with the moon's orbit, and anyone who watched gallup last year saw an outstanding young WR. he wasn't just 'good'. three of gallup's six TDs were at the Nuk-level of acrobatics + hands. his 1100 yards were hard-earned. if or when gallup gets traded, lamb will rise; if or when cooper gets hurt, lamb will rise. but i see lamb taking the backseat in 2020 barring extenuating circumstances. the team also has a hungry ball hog RB who demands to eat. great dynasty get in lamb, but patience...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

i believe this stance is overly optimistic. i absolutely see lamb as the #1 WR in this class, however i agree with @Impreza178 that it is a lame landing spot (for now). "alpha dog from day 1" is short-sighted in my opinion. cooper is talented, albeit talent waning and waxing with the moon's orbit, and anyone who watched gallup last year saw an outstanding young WR. he wasn't just 'good'. three of gallup's six TDs were at the Nuk-level of acrobatics + hands. his 1100 yards were hard-earned. if or when gallup gets traded, lamb will rise; if or when cooper gets hurt, lamb will rise. but i see lamb taking the backseat in 2020 barring extenuating circumstances. the team also has a hungry ball hog RB who demands to eat. great dynasty get in lamb, but patience...

Again, Dallas had around 3,000 receiving yards spread between cooper, gallop, and Cobb last year.  I feel like lamb can duplicate cobb's @850 receiving yards as a safe floor.  Color me confused as to why this is such a lame landing spot.  So yeah, I respectfully disagree when @Impreza178sticks  🐑 At the bottom of his rookie list. Lamb is alpha male who will get his.  Dallas got its new toy, a rising tied raises all boats.

Edited by El_Chingon

1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I thought this was the Jefferson thread?

Yeah...I literally forgot I was in JJ's thread until I read your post. Lol!